The UPSC conducts the “Combined Defence Services” (CDS) Examination twice a year for recruiting candidates for the IMA, OTA, INA, and IAF. The Notification for CDS 2 2022 has been published on 18 May 2022 and the examination is will be conducted on 4th September 2022.
Only unmarried graduates ( any stream) can appear in the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board. In order to clear the examination, first of all, you need complete information of the pattern, syllabus, and previous year exam so that you can understand the exam requirements easily and make a strategy to crack the exam.
Also Check: CDS 2 2022 Notification And Exam Date [Updated]
CDS 2 2022 Exam AGE LIMIT: Age limit plays a crucial role in this notification. UPSC follows strict rules considering the dates. The dates given by UPSC for CDS 2 2022 are:
|ACADEMY||AGE LIMIT||BORN BETWEEN|
|INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY||19-24||02 July 1999 to 01 July 2004|
|INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY||19-24||02 July 1999 to 01 July 2004|
|AIR FORCE ACADEMY||20-24||02 July 1999 to 01 July 2003|
|OFFICERS’ TRAINING ACADEMY (MEN)||19-25||02 July 1998 to 01 July 2004|
|OFFICERS’ TRAINING ACADEMY (WOMEN)||19-25||02 July 1998 to 01 July 2004|
CDS 2 2022 Important Dates: UPSC will publish the CDS 2 2022 notification and important dates. Let’s have a look at the tentative schedule for CDS 2 2022 exam.
|CDS 2 2022 EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Notification Release date||18 May 2022|
|CDS 2 2022 Application Start||18 May 2022|
|CDS 2 2022 Apply Last Date||7 June 2022|
|Release of Admit card||2 Weeks before Exam|
|CDS 2 2022 Exam date||04 September 2022 (SUNDAY)|
|Declaration of result||Nov– Dec 2022|
|CDS Exam Online Coaching||Enroll Now|
|CDS 2 2022 Notification||Download|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Number of sections||Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), AFA and Academy (AFA) – Three and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) – Two|
|Total marks of the test||IMA, INA, and AFA – 300 Marks and OTA – 200 Marks|
|Nature of questions||Objective type|
|Language of paper||Hindi and English|
|Duration of the test||2 hours for each section|
CDS 2 2022 Exam Pattern FOR IMA, INA, AFA:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
CDS 2 2022 Exam Pattern for OTA:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
CDS 2 2022 Exam Marking Scheme:
Negative marking is there for every wrong marked answer. Each question carries 4 options and out of which only 1 option is correct. For each incorrect answer, 1/3 of the marks will be deducted. More than one option marked is treated as incorrect. However, if a question is left unanswered there will be no negative marking.
CDS 2 2022 Exam Subject-Wise Syllabus:
Paper 1: English
The objective type question paper is designed to examine the understanding of English of the applicants. English question paper of CDS Exam includes passage for answering few questions related to that passage.
CDS English Syllabus consists of :
- Spotting of Errors
- Vocabulary (Idioms & Phrases)
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Completion (Fill in the blanks & Cloze Test)
- Ordering of Words & Sentences
- Active – Passive Voice
- Direct – Indirect Speech or Reported Speech
- One Word Substitution
- Parts of Speech
Paper 2: General Knowledge
General Knowledge question paper in CDS examination includes knowledge of current topics and of matters which are observing every day. The aspirants must be able to answer scientific aspects without any particular scientific study. They should have knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues without any specific study. The applicants must be able to answer these general knowledge questions to pass this test.
Components of CDS General Knowledge Syllabus
- Indian Polity
- Defence Specific
- Current Affairs & Static GK
Paper 3: Elementary Mathematics
The objective type question paper includes various topics of elementary mathematics. Candidates should have posses knowledge about these topics. There are lots of topics to cover which are as following:
- Arithmetic: Aspirants need to perform well in arithmetic which includes Number System, Fundamental Operations, Unitary Methods, and Elementary Number Theorems etc.
- Algebra: The applicants should able to solve basic operations, Remainder Theorem, Quadratic Equations, Linear equations and practical problems etc.
- Geometry: The candidates should able to answer geometric questions which contain Lines and angles, plane and plane figures and their related questions.
- Trigonometry: The applicants need to know the values of Sine x, cosine x and tangent x.
- Mensuration: The all candidates applying for the test should have knowledge of calculating areas of squares, rectangles, triangles, circles and parallelograms etc.
- Statistics: Everyone needs to know the collection and tabulation of data, histograms, pie and bar charts etc.
CDS 2 2022 Exam Important Instructions:
- Only Black ballpoint pen is allowed
- Encode your test booklet series (A, B, C, or D ), subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet.
- In case the test booklet series is not printed on the test booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered then candidates should report immediately to the invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the CDS OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to the Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- Immediately after the commencement of the CDS please check that the test booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items etc., if so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the same series and subject.
- Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of information asked for, on the CDS answer sheet/test booklet/sheet for rough work.
- Do not fold or damage or put any extraneous marking over the CDS Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet.
Want To Prepare For The CDS Exam and SSB Interview?
- You can prepare for CDS 2 2022 and CDS 1 2023
- Take the best CDS Exam Online Course by SSBCrackExams.
- Take the CDS Exam Mock Test Series to boost your prep.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
CDS 2 2022 Exam Expected Cut Off: Students who score more than the cut-off are considered for SSB interview. Cut Off will be declared by the board based on the applications received and candidates qualified in the first stage of the recruitment process. Now we will look into the expected cut off marks for all the academies.
|S.No||ACADEMY||EXPECTED CUT OFF|
|1||IMA||120 – 130|
|2||INA||115 – 125|
|3||AFA||130 – 140|
|4||OTA (MEN)||85 – 100|
|5||OTA (WOMEN)||85 – 100|