What is Ayush Grid?
- AYUSH Grid, initiated by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- This is to digitise the entire AYUSH leading to transformation in the field of health care delivery at all levels,
- Aim: To bring onboard all AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) facilities including hospitals and laboratories and to promote traditional systems of healthcare.
Time Use Survey
- India’s first Pan India time use survey was released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- National Statistical Office conducted the Time Use Survey.
- The main objective of the survey is to measure participation of women and men in unpaid and paid activities
- It also included paid work, childcare, volunteering, and socialising.
- Key Findings:
- The participation rate of men in paid employment is high at 57.3 %, compared to women whose participation rate is only 18.4%.
- Indian men also spend more time at paid work.
- Around 81.2 % women participate in unpaid domestic services spending an average 4 hours 59 minutes each day.
- The participation rate of men in domestic services is low at 26.1 % spending an average 1 hour 37 minutes each day.
- Around 91.4 % of men participated in social activities, spending two hours and 27 minutes each day.
- The participation rate for women is just a little less at 91.3 %, and spend two hours and 19 minutes each day.
- Indians do not like to participate in unpaid volunteer work.
India’s first five animal bridges
- The Delhi-Mumbai expressway will have India’s first-ever animal overpass.
- These will be on the lines of “animal bridges” in the Netherlands for safe passage of wildlife.
- These have been planned to ensure there are no disturbances to the Ranthambore Wildlife Corridor
- Ranthambore Wildlife Corridor that connects Mukundra and Ranthambhore Wildlife Sanctuaries.
- Ranthambore National Park
- Location: Rajasthan.
- It was declared one of the Project Tiger reserves in 1973.
- The park is bounded by Chambal river in the south and Banas river in the north.
Centre to waive compound interest on loans
- In a relief to individual borrowers and medium and small industries, the Centre has agreed in the Supreme Court to waive compound interest (interest on interest) charged on loans
- The waive will be up to two crore rupees for a six-month moratorium period announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The government will seek due authorization from Parliament for making appropriate grants in this regard.
- The endeavour shall be over and above the support of 3.7 lakh crore rupees to MSMEs, 70,000 crore rupees for home loans already extended through the Garib Kalyan and Atmanirbhar packages.
- The six-month moratorium period shall be limited to the most vulnerable category of borrowers.
- The loans were categorized into eight categories by the government including MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises), education, housing, consumer durable, credit card dues, auto, personal, and consumption.
4 October: World Animal Welfare Day
- World Animal Day is celebrated on 4 October every year to raise awareness about improving the welfare standards of the animals around the world.
- World Animal Day celebrates the relationship between humankind and the animal kingdom. We can’t ignore that animals play an important role in our lives.
5 October: World Habitat Day
- This day is observed every year on the first Monday of October month throughout the world.
- In 1985, the UNGA declared that the 1st Monday in October would be World Habitat Day.
- It is observed to recognize the basic right of all humanity to adequate shelter, and to encourage grassroots action toward ending poverty housing.
5 October: World Teachers’ Day
- World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is an international day held annually on October 5.
- Its aim is to raise awareness about the role of teachers’ in playing quality education at all levels and to improve the situations of teachers’ in the world.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Time use survey is conducted by:
- National Statistical Office
- NITI Ayog
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Social Justice
Answer – A
What is the location of Ranthambore National Park?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Answer – C
World Teachers’ Day is observed on:
- 4 October
- 5 October
- 6 October
- 7 October
Answer – B
Question of the Day
What is Project Elephant?
Answer in next session…