What is Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
- Launched By: Ministry of Tourism.
- Objective: To develop theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
- These tourist circuits will be developed on the principles of high tourist value, competitiveness, and sustainability in an integrated manner.
- The scheme is 100% centrally funded.
- Funding of individual project will vary from state to state.
Indian Railways to introduce “Kisan Rail”
- Indian Railways is introducing first “Kisan Rail” from Devlali (Maharashtra) to Danapur (Bihar).
- The train will run on weekly basis.
- This train is a step towards realizing the goal of doubling farmers’ incomes by 2022.
- This train will help in bringing perishable agricultural products like vegetables, fruits to the market in a short period of time.
- The train will have frozen containers and is expected to build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables, inclusive of fish, meat and milk.
- Indian Railways have earlier run single commodity special trains like Banana Specials etc.
- But this will be the first ever multi commodity trains and will carry various fruits and vegetables.
Online patriotic film festival
- Organized by National Film Development Corporation.
- It is first of its kind, online patriotic film festival.
- The festival, a part of Independence Day Celebrations 2020 by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- It will begin on 7th August 2020 and will run till 21st August.
- The festival will showcase Indian history that marks the bravery of our freedom fighters and aims to create a festive and patriotic mood among Indians across the globe.
- The festival will showcase high quality Independence Day themed patriotic films daily at the website www.cinemasofindia.com freeof cost.
- Movies like Gandhi, Chittagong, The Legend of Bhagat Singh etc. will be showcased in the festival.
IBBI amends liquidation process regulations
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) amended regulations for liquidation process, providing more clarity on fee payable to liquidators.
- Now fee payable to the liquidator will be fixed by committee of creditors.
- Where the fee has not been fixed, the Regulations provide for a fee as a percentage of the amount realized and of the amount distributed by the liquidator.
- This amendment clarifies that if a liquidator realises any amount, but does not distribute the same, he shall be entitled to a fee corresponding to the amount realized by him.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- Statutory Body: Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- Established: 1 October 2016
- It is a key institution in implementing the IBC, which provides for market-linked and time-bound resolution of stressed assets.
RBI to set up ‘Innovation Hub’
- The hub is being launched to promote the startups in the country.
- It will help in ideation and incubation of new capabilities to promote financial inclusion and promote efficient banking services.
- Hub will create viable and innovative financial products.
- Following will be the benefits:
- The hub will help achieve efficient banking
- Business continuity in times of emergency
- Strengthening consumer protection
- Similar initiatives taken by RBI like Regulatory Sandbox.
- The regulatory sandbox allows live testing of new products or services in a controlled or test regulatory environment.
- Where regulators may (or may not) permit certain relaxations for the limited purpose of testing.
Bangas Awaam Mela
- It was held in J-K’s Handwara to mark anniversary of abrogation of Article 370.
- The Annual Festival saw the participation of hundreds of Gujjars, Bakarwals and other Kashmiri sightseers.
- The first day Village Games were held which saw competitions like Horse Racing, Sheep Shepherding Challenge, Tugs of War, etc.
- The Veterinary and Medical Camp was organized to provide basic health care facilities along with medicines to the locals who are residing in the remote region of Bangus valley.
- On the second day of the festival, the audience enjoyed folk songs by the Gujjar community.
August 7: National Handloom Day
- The day is celebrated to honour the handloom weavers in the country.
- Also, the day highlights handloom industry in India which is key to women empowerment as over 70% of handloom weavers and allied workers are women.
- 7th August was chosen as the National Handloom Day to commemorate the Swadeshi Movement which was launched on the same date in the year 1905.
- This day was first declared as National Handloom Day in 2015.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Online patriotic film festival organized by:
- National Film Development Corporation
- Film Division of India
- Children’s films society
- Film and television institute of India
Answer – A
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India established on:
- October 2019
- October 2017
- October 2016
- October 2015
Answer – C
Which of the following allows live testing of new products or services in a controlled environment?
- Regulatory Paybox
- Regulatory Sandbox
- Innovation Hub
National Handloom Day is celebrated on:
- 1st August
- 7th August
- 6th August
- 5th August
Answer – B
Question of the Day
What is Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya campaign?
Answer in next session…