Indian Navy has published its AGNIVEER (SSR and MR) 01/2023 (May 2023) Batch intake notification. Online applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as Agniveer (MR) for the 01/2023 batch. The total vacancies for Agniveer (SSR) are 1400 (including a maximum of 280 females only). The total vacancies for Agniveer (MR) are 100 (including a maximum of 20 females only). The eligibility criteria and broad terms and conditions are laid down herein below. Registration starts on 08 December 2022 to 17 December 2022.
|Notification Date||24th November 2022|
|Application Open Date||08 December 2022|
|Application Last Date||17 December 2022|
|Exam Date||To Be Updated|
|Online Preparation Course||Enroll|
Indian Navy Agnipath SSR/MR Entry 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Online applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as Agniveer (SSR) for the 01/2023 (May 23) batch. The total vacancies are 1400 (including a maximum of 280 female only), which will be earmarked in a state-wise manner. The eligibility criteria and broad terms and conditions are laid down herein below
Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
Candidate should be born between 01 May 2002 – 31 Oct 2005 (Both dates inclusive).
Only unmarried Indian male and female candidates are eligible for enrolment as Agniveer. Candidates will have to give a certificate of being ‘unmarried’ at the time of enrolment. Agniveers shall not be permitted to marry during their entire tenure of four years in the Indian Navy. A candidate shall be dismissed from service if he/ she marries during his/her tenure or is found to be already married despite giving a certificate of being unmarried.
The selection process of the Agniveer (SSR) – 01/2023 batch will include three stages i.e. Shortlisting (computer-based online examination), ‘Written Examination, PFT and Initial Medical’, and Final Recruitment Medical Examination.
Stage – I (Computer-Based Examination)
All India computer-based examination- INET would be conducted for Shortlisting of candidates. Shortlisting would be based on marks obtained in the Indian Navy Entrance Test. Shortlisting will be carried out in state wise manner. The cut-off marks for shortlisting for the next stage of the selection process may vary from state to state as vacancies have been allocated in a state-wise manner.
Note:- In case of candidates securing similar cut-off marks in the Computer Based Examination, the candidate with a higher percentage in the qualifying examination i.e. ’10+2′ will be selected for Stage II of the selection process. The percentage will be calculated taking into consideration the best of three subjects i.e. Physics, Mathematics, and one Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science as selected by the candidate in the online application.
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying a 01 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics, and General Awareness.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2. The syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- The duration of the examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections as well as in aggregate. The Indian Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
- Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers given by a candidate. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- Centre Allocation for INET (online examination) will be at the discretion of the Indian Navy.
An examination fee of Rs. 550/- (Rupees Five hundred fifty only) plus 18% GST has to be paid by the candidate during the online application through online the mode by using net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI. Admit cards will be issued for the examination only to those candidates who have successfully paid the examination fee.
STAGE – II (WRITTEN EXAMINATION, PFT, AND INITIAL MEDICAL)
Candidates shortlisted in the INET examination (computer-based online examination) will be issued a call-up letter for Stage II (written examination, PFT & Initial Medical). Stage II will be conducted in the designated Indian Navy centers. The syllabus for Stage-II written exam is available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Aadhar Card is mandatory for Stage II.
Initial Medical Examination
An initial Medical Examination will be carried out for candidates who qualify for PFT. Candidates qualifying initial medical examination will be considered “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. The final Recruitment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be held at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically unfit in initial medical will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at the designated military hospital (allocated by the Indian Navy) within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible.
Merit list will be prepared based on performance in Stage-II written exam, subject to qualification in Physical Fitness Test and Initial Medical Examination. Merit List for Agniveer (SSR) – male and female will be based on state-wise merit. The cut-off marks for the issue of a call-up letter for the final recruitment examination at INS Chilka may vary from state to state. The merit list will be available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in by Apr 23.
Stage – III (Final Medical Examination)
Final Recruitment Medicals. The final Recruitment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be conducted at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in the Final Recruitment Medical Examination will be recruited. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Nivarini/ INHS Kalyani within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable on entry.
- Gender. Any candidate, if found to have predominant characteristics of the opposite gender as evidenced on external physical examination, will be rejected as UNFIT. Any candidate having
- undergone gender reassignment surgery will be declared UNFIT.
- Pregnancy. Any female candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified and her candidature rejected. A candidate should not have conceived at the time of reporting or till the conclusion of ab-initio training. If found to be pregnant later during training, the candidature shall be rejected.
- Minimum Height Standards. The minimum height standard for males is 157 cm and for females is 152 cm.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any disease/ disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions.
Indian Navy Agnipath SSR/MR Entry 2023: Syllabus
SECTION A: SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS
- Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets/Earth/ Satellites/ Sun), Electricity and its applications
- Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy, and Power
- Heat, Temperature, metals and NonMetals, Carbon and its Compounds, Measurements in Science, Sound &Wave Motion, Atomic Structure
- Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, BasicTrigonometry
- Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median, and Mode)
- Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed, and Distance
SECTION B: GENERAL AWARENESS
- Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbours
- Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts, and Dance
- History, Defence, Wars and neighbors, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases, and Nutrition
- Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms, and Abbreviations
- Eminent Personalities, National: Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/Song/Flag/Monuments
- Sports: Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players
Training for the course will commence on May 23, at INS Chilka, Odisha.
Discharge as Unsuitable
Agniveers are liable to be discharged as “UNSUITABLE” due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training or service tenure.
The applications are to be filled online only on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. The general instructions regarding the recruitment process are as follows:-
- Candidates have to choose any three locations for the online examination, at their convenience. Candidates can be allotted any other location to view administrative reasons. The choice of examination center cannot be changed once selected by the candidate or allotted by the Indian Navy. Call up Letters cum Admit Cards for online examination indicating the date, time, and place, which are scheduled during Jan/ Feb 2023, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in tentatively one week before the online examination.
- Call up Letters cum Admit Card for written examination/ PFT would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. No call-up letter cum admit card will be sent by post.
- Only Electronic mode of communication will be used while contacting the candidates and no documents would be sent by post at any stage of recruitment.
- The original documents uploaded by the candidates during the online filling of the application viz original certificates, mark sheets, Domicile certificate, and NCC certificate (if held) are to be brought by the candidate at all stages of recruitment (Written Examination, PFT, and Recruitment Medical Examination at INS Chilka). Original documents will be verified at every stage of recruitment. If the details provided in ‘the online application’ are not matching with original documents at any stage, the candidature will be canceled.
- The results of the computer-based online examination will be announced tentatively after 30 days. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Stage II (PFT, Written Examination & Initial Medical Examination).
- Centre Allocation for written exam/PFT will be at the discretion of the Indian Navy.
- The selection of a candidate will stand canceled and he/ she will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in the call letter for Recruitment Medical Examination at INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Recruitment Medical at INS Chilka. Medical fitness certificates issued by hospitals other than designated Military Hospitals (INHS Nivarini/ INHS Kalyani) will not be considered. No further review/ appeal is permissible.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch.
- All selected candidates, are to produce the self-attested certificates submitted at the time of filling online application, along with the all original certificates, at INS Chilka. If the details provided during the online application are not matching with the original certificates produced at INS Chilka, the candidature will be canceled.
- All selected candidates will be required to download Police Verification Form and other associated forms along with the Call-up letter for Recruitment Medical Examination at INS Chilka. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on Police Verification Form/ Online Police Verification Form from the Superintendent of Police of their respective jurisdiction. Candidates should be in possession of the Police Verification Form from either place of domicile or place of residence. Candidates without the verified Police Verification Reports and Reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- No inquiry will be entertained regarding this recruitment/ enrolment after a period of six months.
HOW TO APPLY
For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 08 Dec 2022 to 17 Dec 2022. The procedure is available on the Indian Navy’s official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Candidates are advised to fill up the correct details while filling out the online application. Any updates/ corrections are to be carried out by the candidate before the last date of submission of the application. No further correction/ update is feasible after the last date of submission of the application. Incorrect declaration of information by candidates, identified at any stage would result in cancellation of candidature. The application may be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, with a fee of Rs 60 + GST. This facility is entirely optional.
Passport size recent color photograph (taken not before November 2022) of size 10 KB to 50 KB (front portrait in light background without head gear except for Sikhs). The photograph is to be taken with the candidate holding a black slate in front of his/her chest with his her name and date of photograph taken, clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters. Changes in appearance like growing a beard, headgear, etc in comparison to the photograph may result in the cancellation of candidature.
- Mobile phones or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including a ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of the Online application.
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene on examination premises. This will entail disqualification.
- While filling out his online Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his choice for the location of the Examination.
- Candidates should avoid submitting multiple applications. If more than one application is received from a candidate, his candidature will be canceled.
- The decision of the Indian Navy as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate at every stage of recruitment shall be final.
- Wrong information about domicile certificates will result in the cancellation of candidature at any stage of recruitment, training, and thereafter.
Indian Navy Agnipath SSR/MR Entry 2023: Pay, Allowance & Other Benefits
Individuals enrolled under this Scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs. 30,000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship, Dress, and Travel allowances will be paid.
Seva Nidhi. Agniveers shall be given a one-time Seva Nidhi package comprising their monthly
contribution along with matching contributions by the Government on completion of their engagement
period, as indicated below:-
The pay & emoluments of Agniveers will be as given below:-
- Year 1. Customized Package- ₹ 30,000/- (plus applicable allowances.)
- Year 2. Customized Package- ₹33,000/- (plus applicable allowances.)
- Year 3. Customized Package- ₹ 36,500/- (plus applicable allowances.)
- Year 4. Customized Package- ₹ 40,000/- (plus applicable allowances.)
From the above package, 30% will be compulsorily deposited every month in a corpus which will be matched by the GoI. The balance amount less the corpus contribution will be the in-hand component.
Life Insurance Cover. Agniveer will be provided non-contributory Life Insurance Cover of Rs. 48 lakh for the duration of their engagement period.
Death Compensation. In addition to insurance cover of Rs. 48 Lakh, one-time ex-gratia of Rs. 44 Lakh for death attributable to service, will be provided to the NOK.
Disability Compensation. One-time ex-gratia of Rs. 44/ 25/ 15 Lakh based on % of disability (100%/ 75%/ 50%) shall be applicable to Agniveers.
Note:- For further information regarding death/ disability compensation visit www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION – 17 DEC 2022
To join Indian Armed Forces as an Agniveer and crack the written Exam for Army Navy and Air force, You can join our Agniath Online Course live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll AGNIVEER ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants