Indian Army has published the JAG 33 Notification i.e. Judge Advocate General 33rd Course notification on 31 October 2023. Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for the Judge Advocate General Branch.
The JAG 33 Notification was released on 31 October 2023. All male and female law graduates who are eligible for this entry can apply for this special entry. Find more details related to the 33rd Short Service Commission JAG Entry Scheme Course (Men and Women) October 2024 course for law graduates.
JAG 33 Notification Judge Advocate General Branch
Indian Army’s official career website will publish the JAG Course 33 Notification in the month of October 2023. JAG 33rd course JAG entry 2024 (Judge Advocate General Branch) will commence in October 2024 at OTA Chennai. It is a special entry for male and female law graduates to join the JAG branch of the Indian Army.
The Indian Army will issue the JAG 33 Notification, or Judge Advocate General 33rd Course Notification, on 30 October 2023. Unmarried male and female LAW GRADUATES are invited to apply for a Short Service Commission in the Indian Army’s Judge Advocate General Branch.
SSB Interview Study Material: SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
|JAG 33 Events||Dates|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Application Start Date||31 October 2023|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Application Last Date||28 November 2023|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme SSB Date||June-July 2024|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Merit List||March-April 2024|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Joining Date||October 2024|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme SSB Coaching||Join SSB Coaching|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Job Post||Army Officer|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Vacancies||Men-04 Women- 04|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Salary/ Pay Scale||Rs. 56100/- to 177500/- (Level-10)|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Mode of Apply||Online|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Official Website||joinindianarmy.nic.in|
|JAG 33 Special Entry Scheme Notification PDF||Download|
JAG 33 Notification: Eligibility Criteria
Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for the Judge Advocate General Branch.
Nationality: A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, (ii) A subject of Nepal, (iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
JAG 33 Notification: Age Limit
- 21 to 27 years as of 01 July 2024 (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1997 and not later than 01 Jul 2003; both dates inclusive).
Note: Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
JAG 33 Notification: Educational Qualification
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in their LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10 plus 2) examination.
- In addition, the CLAT PG 2023 Score of the preceding year is mandatory for all candidates (including LLM-qualified and LLM-appearing candidates) who apply for courses starting in a particular year. The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Enroll Now: SSB Interview Online Course
JAG 33 Notification: Vacancies
Men -04, Women- 04
Tenure of Engagement
Short Service Commission will be granted to Males and females in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Male & Female officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of the period of ten years of Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant policies as issued from time to time. Those SSC officers (Male & Female) who are not selected for the grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 10 years) on expiry of which they will be released from the Army.
Period of Probation: An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives his/her commission. If he/she is reported on within the probationary period as unsuitable to retain his/her commission, his/her services may be terminated at any time whether before or after the expiry of the probationary period.
JAG 33 Notification: Training
The duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for Pre-Commission training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application, though successful at the Services Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be eligible for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditures incurred on him/her by the government.
- All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies by the University of Madras
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training: ₹ 56,100/-p.m.*
*On successful commissioning, the pay in the Pay Matrix of the Officer commissioned shall be fixed in the first Cell of Level 10. The period of training shall not be treated as commissioned service. Arrears on account of admissible allowances, as applicable, for the training period shall be paid to cadets.
How To Apply For JAG 33
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations are not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill out the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course.
- A page of ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill in details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling in details on the last segment, you will move to the page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after the final closure of the online application on the last day.
JAG 33 Notification: Selection Procedure
- Shortlisting of Applications. The Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email.
- After allotment of the Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially.
- Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to the occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Jalandhar(PB).
- Call up letter for the SSB interview will be issued by the respective Selection Centre on the candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only.
- Allotment of the Selection Centre is at the discretion of the Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and No request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day.
- The duration of the SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on the official website of the Directorate General of Recruiting i.e., www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be issued a joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Short Service Commission (NT) JAG Entry Scheme 33rd Course for Men & Women Law Graduates (scheduled in October 2024). Applications will open on 30 Oct 2023 and close on 28 Nov 2023.
Enrol Now: SSB Interview Online Course
Note: Candidates are suggested to wait for the official notification for more details. The above-mentioned details may or may not change. For detailed information visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
To crack the Indian Army JAG 33 Entry Course SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.
To Join the Indian Army and crack the SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.