JULY 1st: National Doctor’s Day
- To acknowledge the contributions of doctor’s humane service to mankind.
- National Doctor’s Day is observed to honour the legendary physician and West Bengal’s 2nd Chief Minister, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- He was honoured with India’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna.
JULY 6th: World Zoonoses Day
- To emphasise and bring problem awareness amongst people and teach them to take the right action.
- A zoonosis is any disease or infection that is naturally transmissible from vertebrate animals to humans.
- Animals thus play an essential role in maintaining zoonotic infections in nature.
JULY 11th: World Population Day
- To make people aware about the growing population issues and urgency of family planning.
- Population issue includes family planning, gender equality, child marriage, human rights, right to health, baby’s health etc.
JULY 17th: World Day for International Justice
- It is also known as the Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day.
- It recognise the emerging system of international criminal justice.
- It is celebrated as so, because this day is the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute in 1998.
- With the help of this treaty International Criminal Court (ICC) was established.
JULY 18th: International Nelson Mandela Day
- The day celebrates Mandela’s life and legacy in a sustainable way that will bring about the needful changes.
- To remind the contributions of Mandela to the culture of peace, human right, reconciliation, and freedom.
JULY 26th: Kargil Vijay Diwas
- India celebrate Kargil Vijay Diwas, the victory of Indian Armed forces over the infiltrating Pakistani troops.
- On 3rd May 1999, the War began & concluded on 26th July 1999 in which India got victory.
- Kargil War is also known as Kargil conflict. So this day is dedicated to the martyred soldiers of the Kargil war.
JULY 28th: World Nature Conservation Day
- To increase awareness about protecting the natural resources & to make people understand the importance of the conservation of nature.
- It is important to raise awareness among people all over the world to understand the importance of saving resources, recycle it, preserve it & understand the consequences of damaging it.
JULY 29th: International Tiger Day
- To spread awareness about the need for conservation of Tigers, promote the protection of the natural habitat of tigers.
- This day is also known as Global Tiger Day.
- It is said that Where tigers thrive, it is a sign that the ecosystem is healthy.
- Story of Subedar Sanjiv Kumar 4 PARA SF Kirti Chakra [Citation]
- Meet Captain Preeti Choudhary Only Woman Contingent Commander From the Indian Army Republic Day 2021
- Story of Major Anuj Sood Shaurya Chakra [Citation]
- Story of Colonel Santosh Babu Maha Vir Chakra [Citation]
- List of Personnel Being Conferred Gallantry Awards Republic Day 2021