Jai Hind future warriors, today we are going to discuss about the difference between NDA and INA.
About National Defence Academy:
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. The NDA is located in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra.
- For Army Wing Cadets: 3 years at NDA + 1 year at IMA, Dehradun
- For Air-Force Wing Cadets: 3 years at NDA + 1.5 year at AFA, Dundigal
- For Naval Wing Cadets: 3 years at NDA + 1 year at INA, Ezhimala.
Cadets are offered one of
- BSC(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- BSC(Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics)
- B.Tech in Applied Electronics and Communication or Electronics and Communication
Army cadets can choose between BA and BSC, while Air Force flying branch and Naval cadets have to choose B.Tech and Ground Duty cadets choose B.SC.
The process to join is Written Exam->SSB Interview->Medical Tests->Final Merit Lists->Joining the Academy.
About Indian Naval Academy:
- The Indian Naval Academy (INA), is located in Ezhimala in Kannur (Cannanore) District of Kerala, a part of North Malabar Region. This is the premier training establishment of the Indian Navy which conducts the basic training for all officers being inducted into the Indian Navy through various schemes. Indian Naval Ship Zamorin is the Base Depot Ship for administrative and logistics support for INA
- Candidates who opt for Naval Academy as their first choice in UPSC NDA Form join the 10+2 Btech Entry cadets for a period of four years before being commissioned and the following courses will be offered.
- Four year B.Tech Course in Applied Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B.Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). Distribution of cadets amongst Executive, Education, Engineering, Electrical & Electrical Branch (Technical Branch) will be as per the extant policy.
- Direct entry (graduate candidates) is 4 years and 22 weeks respectively.
- Branch specific training is subsequently imparted at other naval establishments
- While commission is offered at end of the training at INA, commission can’t be offered at NDA.
Hope this post was informative for you. For more such posts related to defence exams and SSB Interview stay tuned.
- How To Join The National Defence Academy In 2022
- NDA Vs IIT Which Is Better After 12th?
- NDA Vs MNS Which One Is Good For You?
- NDA Vs CDS Exam Which Is Best For You ?
- NDA Vs TES Which One Is Good For You?
- 15 Top Military Training Institutes Of Indian Army
- 11 Top Military Training Institutes Of Indian Navy
- 7 Top Military Training Institutes Of Indian Air Force