SSC Tech 56 & SSCW Tech 27 SSB Date Selection Open Now : DATE SELECTION LINK FOR 56TH SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (TECH) MEN AND 27TH SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (TECH) WOMEN COURSE IS OPEN FOR CANDIDATES TO SELECT SSB DATES
Indian army has published the notification for SSC Tech 56 men and SSC Tech 27 women for the course commencing at OTA Chennai from April 2021. Eligible engineering graduates can apply for the SSC Tech 56 and SSCW Tech 27 from 14th Oct 2020 and the last date for the online application is 12th Nov 2020. SSC Tech is a special entry for the male and female engineering graduates to join the Indian Army as an SSC officer. Let’s read more about the official notification.
Notification: Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. The course will commence in Apr 2021 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- For SSC(Tech)- 56 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 27 Women: 20 to 27 years as on 01 Apr 2021 (Candidates born between 02 Apr 94 and 01 Apr 2001, both days inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Apr 2021.
Educational Qualification for SSC(Tech) (Men and Women): Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Apr 2021 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness:
- SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline.
- SSCW (Tech). B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
- Note. Candidate studying in final year of Degree must ensure that she submits the proof of passing Degree exam by 01 Apr 2021 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which her candidature will be cancelled.
Vacancies: Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. The variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / mark sheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
Type of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Confirmation of Short Service Commission: On successful completion of Pre Commission training at OTA, Officer will be confirmed Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- No Ante Date Seniority for widows of Defence Personnel for SSC(NT): Widows of Defence Personnel selected for SSCW (NT) entry will be granted Short Service Commission in the rank of Lieutenant but will NOT be entitled to any ante date seniority.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) upto the number of available vacancies and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Duration of Training- 49 weeks
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he/ she be allowed to live with Parents/ Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, if he/ she marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/ her by the government. This provision is also applicable to widows of Defence Personnel. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/ her application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Training at OTA is at Govt expense. All candidates who successfully complete PreCommission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by University of Madras.
Cost of Training: The entire cost of training at OTA is at Government expense. In case the Lady/ Gentleman Cadet is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than medical ground or the reasons not beyond his/ her control, he/ she will be liable to refund cost of training @ ₹ 11,952/- per week till 30 Sep 2020, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a. will be calculated on the Per Capita Cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his/ her stay at OTA, Chennai.
The final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of Lady/Gentleman cadets from OTA, Chennai and will be at the sole discretion of Integrated HQ Ministry of Defence (Army) keeping in view the existing policy. The candidate will not have any objection in the event of his/her final selection on allotment of any arms/service in the interest of the organization. No representation is tenable on this account. Selection Procedure:
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained upto 6 th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer Science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut off percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate‟s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage-1 will go to Stage-2. Those who fail in Stage-1 will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage-2.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Merit List: It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at SSB interview. In case equal SSB marks are obtained by more than one candidate, the older candidate(s) in age will be ranked higher in the merit. In case both SSB marks and age of more than one candidate are same, the candidate(s) with higher percentage of marks in qualifying examination will be placed higher in the merit. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, etc have no role to play. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies and are medically fit will be issued joining letters for pre-commission training at OTA, Chennai, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
How to Apply: Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in). Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page „Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments – Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 14 OCT 2020 AT 1500 HRS AND CLOSE ON 12 NOV 2020 AT 1500 HRS