Territorial Army 2024 Notification: Indian Army will publish the official notification for civilian candidates to join Territorial Army as an Officer through PIB-2024. The Territorial Army 2024 registrations will start on the first week of July 2024 and end on July last week of 2024.
The Territorial Army Exam 2024 for civilian candidates will be conducted by the Indian Army on September 2024 (TENTATIVE DATE). Indian Army will open the Territorial Army 2024 Registration for civilian candidates from July 2024 to the last week of July 2024. Lakhs of Territorial Army aspirants are applying for the Territorial Army 2024.
Territorial Army 2024 Notification
In this article, we going to look into some important information related to the Territorial Army 2024 notification, if you are a TA aspirant and looking forward to applying and writing this exam, this information will be useful for you.
The Indian Army will issue an official notification for civilian individuals interested in joining the Territorial Army as officers via PIB-2024. Registration for the Territorial Army 2024 will begin in the first week of July 2024 and will expire in the last week of July 2024. The Indian Army will hold the Territorial Army Exam 2024 for civilian applicants in September 2024 (TENTATIVE DATE).
Territorial Army 2024: Notification And Exam Date
As per the latest update on the Territorial Army TA 2024 notification and exam, the notification will be published in July 2024. Candidates can apply for the TA 2024 exam on the official website from the first week of July 2024 to the last week of July 2024.
Applications are invited from gainfully employed young citizens for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers (Non-Departmental), based on the concept of enabling motivated young citizens to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other organization allows you such an expanse of experiences.
Territorial Army Exam 2024: Important Dates
|TA Online Registration||First week of July to last week of July (DATES TO BE UPDATED)|
|Admit Card||One Week Before the Exam Date, The admit card will be made available online for being downloaded after the submission of the application by the candidates. The instructions will be available on the website.|
|Written Exam||September 2024|
|Result Date||Oct – Nov 2024|
|PIB Interview||Oct – Nov 2024|
|Result of the PIB Interview||Nov – Dec 2024|
|TA 2024 Online Course||Click|
- Candidates who clear the written and then PIB personal interview will be shortlisted for the SSB Interview.
Territorial Army 2024: Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Only citizen of India (male and female).
- Age Limits: 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
- Educational Qualifications: Graduate from a recognized university.
- Physical Standards: A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Employment: Gainfully Employed.
Note: Serving members of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
Territorial Army 2024: Vacancy
- Male – TO BE UPDATED
- Female – TO BE UPDATED
Territorial Army 2024: Exam Details
|Exam name||Territorial Army Officers|
|Conducted by||Territorial Army|
|Name of posts||Territorial Army (Non-Departmental) for Civilians|
|Exam stages||Civilians: Screening (Written exam and interview), SSB, Medical Board for final selection|
|Exam duration||Civilians: 4 hours|
|Exam type||Civilians: Objective type|
Territorial Army Notification 2024
- Territorial Army notification for civilian candidates will be published in the first week of July and candidates can apply for TA Exam from July 2024. Civilian candidates will go through the Territorial Army written exam, PIB, and SSB interview.
- Territorial Army 2024 Exam Date: September 2024 (Date to be updated)
Territorial Army Syllabus Subjects And Marks 2024
STANDARD: The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be a Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
Territorial Army Exam Syllabus 2024
Paper – I. Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
(a) Part – 1. Reasoning. The question paper will be designed to test the candidate’s ability to complete sequences making logical conclusions based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
(b) Part – 2. Elementary Mathematics. (i) Arithmetic. Number System – natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fractions.
- (ii) Unitary Method. Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- (iii) Elementary Number Theory. Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables
- (iv) Algebra. Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, and the relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, and laws of indices.
- (v) Trigonometry. Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- (vi) Geometry. Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point.
- Parallel lines.
- Sides and angles of a triangle.
- Congruency of triangles.
- Similar triangles.
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes.
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square.
- Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal.
- (vii) Mensuration. Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangles and circles. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
- (viii) Statistics. Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
Paper – II. General Knowledge and English.
(a) Part – 1. General Knowledge. General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on the history of India and the geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
(b) Part – 2. English. The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks
CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The mere issue of the Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
- TIME: Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions.
- TYPE OF EXAM: Objective (OMR Answer Sheet will be used).
- QUALIFYING MARKS: Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and an overall average of 50%.
- PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS: Candidates should note that there will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- FEE DETAILS: Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs 200/- (Rupees two hundred only). Candidates should note that payment of the examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed on the website. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected. The fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
HOW TO APPLY FOR Territorial Army 2024 Exam
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in.
Territorial Army 2024: Traning Duration
- One month of basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within the first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Territorial Army 2024: Selection Procedure
- Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
- Vacancies of male and female candidates will be determined as per organizational requirements.
Candidates’ are required to pay a fee of Rs 200/- (Rupees two hundred only). Candidates should note that payment of the examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed on the website. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected. The fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Territorial Army 2024 Terms And Conditions
- The territorial Army is a part-time concept with mandatory two months of training in a year and does not provide a full-time career.
- Serving in Territorial Army does not guarantee pension and the same is subject to embodied service as per organizational requirements.
- The commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay Allowances and privileges will be the same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for a longer duration depending on the requirement.
A candidate who qualifies in the written test of the Preliminary Interview Board is required to bring the following documents in original along with self-attested copies at the time of the Preliminary Interview Board:
- Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 to be downloaded from www.jointerritorialarmy.nic.in and fill it up in their own handwriting.
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office along with salary certificate and No Objection Certificate by the department as per format given below.
- Self-employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating the nature of employment and annual income along with a photocopy of PAN card and self-certified character certificate.
- Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit a copy of the Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of latest Income Tax Return (ITR) filed.
- Employees of Railways are required to submit a No Objection Certificate authenticated by Railway Board.
How TA will check if you are gainfully employed or not? : During your PIB interview, you need to submit the latest Income proof from the appropriate authority and Income Tax Return documents, that will explain your monthly salary/income.
To crack the Territorial Army Officer Entry SSB interview, we recommend you Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants