The Union Public Service Commission published the Official Notification of the CAPF Exam 2023 Assistant Commandant on 26th April 2023. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the UPSC CAPF 2023 exam from 26th April 2023 till 16th May 2023. UPSC CAPF 2023 written exam will be conducted on 6th August 2023 across the nation.
UPSC CAPF Exam Dates 2023
|Official Notification||April 26th, 2023|
|Online Application||April 26th, 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||May 16th, 2023|
|CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||July 2023|
|CAPF Written Exam Date||August 6th, 2023|
|CAPF Written Exam Result||To be notified|
|CAPF Admit Card for Physical & Medical Examination||To be notified|
|CAPF Interview Date||To be notified|
|CAPF Official Notification|
UPSC CAPF 2023 Age Limits
Age Limits :
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2023, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1998 and not later than 1st August 2003.
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- (i) up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- (ii) up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- (iii) up to a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation.
However, the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The mere issue of the e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for the Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern
- The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (as per the latest notification).
- Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper II: General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension – 200 Marks In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
- Candidates are given 2 hours time to complete 200 questions in paper-I carrying 250 marks and 3 hours to complete 6 descriptive type questions in paper II carrying 200 marks.
UPSC CAPF PAPER-1 Syllabus
|General Ability||Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking, Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography, and History of India|
UPSC CAPF PAPER-2 Syllabus
|General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https://www. upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix II. Detailed instructions are available on the above-mentioned website.
CAPF Assistant Commandants 2023 vacancies (Approx)
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 6th August 2023 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules the published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 26th April 2023. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- CISF- Central Industrial Security Force is a premier multi-skilled security agency that provides security cover to nuclear installations, airports, seaports, space establishments, power plants, sensitive Government buildings, and heritage monuments. Through the UPSC CAPF exam, CISF will fill in 28 vacancies for CAPF Assistant Commandant Officer.
- BSF: BSF’s full form is the Border Security Force. It is a paramilitary force that guards India’s land Border during peacetime and prevents transnational crime. Border Guarding Force of India is recruiting 100 Central Armed Police Force AC Group A officers through the UPSC CAPF exam. For detailed information on BSF recruitment check the linked article.
- CRPF: CRPF’s full form is Central Reserve Police Force. It was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.CRPF is recruiting 108 Assistant Commandant Officers through the UPSC CAPF exam. Dive deep into UPSC CRPF recruitment details over here.
- ITBP: Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force personnel are deployed on border guarding duties. The number of vacancies CAPF AC recruitment 2022 will fill in Group A vacancies in ITBP shall be mentioned in the official notification. Read about UPSC ITBP Assistant Commandant exam in detail.
- SSB: The full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal. It is the Indian Central Armed Police Forces that provide security in border areas, prevent trans-border crimes, and unauthorized entry into the territory of India, and perform other duties assigned by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. SSB has also invited online applications through the UPSC CAPF exam notification 2019 to recruit 26 CAPF AC officers. Check the detailed information on the SSB recruitment for the Assistant Commandant exam 2019 in the link given.
- NSG: National Security Guard is a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to deal with anti-terrorist activities in all its manifestations. NSG commandos are an elite force, specially trained and equipped to be used in exceptional circumstances such as any serious act of terrorism.
- AR: The full form of AR is Assam Rifles. It is the oldest Central Paramilitary Force in India. The personnel in Assam rifles are recruited mainly to guard the plains of the Assam region from the unruly tribes inhabiting in the surrounding hills.
Q.1. Who can apply for CAPF 2023?
Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in any discipline can apply for UPSC CAPF 2023 exam.
Q.2. What are the different forces one can join through CAPF?
Seven Security Forces of India are covered under CAPF, namely, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Assam Riffles, Central Reserve Police Force, Indo Tibetian Border Police, Sashastra Seema Bal, and National Security Guard.
Q3. What is the syllabus of the CAPF exam?
The written examination comprises two papers. Paper I General Ability and Intelligence and Paper II: General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension.
You can prepare for CAPF 2023 and other defence entrance exams such as AFCAT, CDS OTA, NDA, ACC, MNS, INET, and Airmen Group X and Y by taking Written Online courses as they will not only give you access to full-length quality lectures but will also provide the facility to take standardized mock tests for better study and strategic growth in the exam. You can take multiple quizzes after each lesson to ensure a full understanding of the subject along with creating your customized lesson plans. You can check out the course content along with other important specifics at SSBCrack exams.
You can also access them through the SSBCrack Exams app available in the google play store.