The Combined Defence Services Examination CDS 1 2024 notification will be released on December 20, 2023. The CDS exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit deserving candidates for Officers posts in the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy.
The “Combined Defence Services” (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of candidates into the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Indian Naval Academy(INA) and Indian Air Force Academy(AFA). The UPSC will conduct the CDS exam twice a year in the month of February and September. Candidates who aim to serve the nation by joining the defence forces can start applying for the CDS examination. In order to apply online for the CDS examination, candidates should meet all the eligibility requirements set by the Commission. The selection of the candidates will be based on the written examination followed by an interview for intelligence and personality test. The shortlisted candidates will be placed at the respective academies based on preference and merit.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
10 Tips To Crack CDS Exam in the First Attempt:
- Know the Syllabus and Pattern well: Before starting your preparation make sure you go through the syllabus well. Check out which topics are more important for the exam, know your strengths and weakness, and start with your strong point. Always remember that you are reading the sources to solve questions based on them.
- Make a Proper Timetable and study for at least 5-6 hrs a day: Make a timetable and organize everything. Organizing helps you to work productively and it also reduces stress. It also helps you to keep track and accountability on your syllabus and time.
- Analyze the types of questions asked in each CDS paper: Go through all types of questions and try to solve the same before the exam. It will help you gain confidence and be more familiar with the pattern.
- Start the preparation 8 to 10 months prior to the exam: Start well in advance and make a plan as to how you are going to prepare for the CDS exam, stick to your plan till the end. Making a plan is very important when preparing for any examination. Hence, for CDS chalk out a plan for your studies, keeping in consideration all your material and notes. You can set up a routine by planning which topics you want to learn or revise first. The most important thing to keep in mind is to follow the plan made without failure because this routine will help you crack CDS.
- Use best sources for preparation: Consider various preparation sources like SSBCrackExams CDS Exam Online Course, blogs etc. This will make your preparation rock solid and you will also discover things which you are not aware of while preparing with a single source, the more you study, the more you gain. So extend your horizon to discover more things related to CDS exam preparation, you never know what advantage you will get by preparing with all other sources.
- CDS Daily Dose: Devote time for each subject equally. Practice English for at least 2 hours, and devote 4 hours to General Studies and Maths for 2 hours. Especially for maths, practising questions, every day is really important.
- Follow top online sources for mock tests and current affair capsules: SSBCrackExams CDS Mock Test Series, They help you to skip extensive study for the General Awareness part and impart a consolidated knowledge which will otherwise require time and effort. Mock tests will help you assess your preparation level. Please do solve as many problems as possible, in the form of mock tests, and previous year papers because this holds the key to success.
- Attempt easier questions first: Candidates should go through all questions and try solving those questions first, which they find easy and require less time to score qualifying marks. Beware of attempting questions that you are not confident of as there is negative marking too.
- Revise multiple times: Revise as many times as you can. The more you revise, the better you can recall during the exam and you become more confident. Revise your notes and remember the Key Points.
- Believe in yourself: Along with hard work and study, you also must be optimistic about the future that you will make it. This will increase your confidence and eventually help you in your CDS preparation.
All the Best to all the aspirants preparing for the exam.