In today’s 14 June 2022 Defence Current affairs and updates, we are going to see the latest defense-related updates national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 14 June 2022
38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol Exercise
- The 38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy Units of Andaman & Nicobar Command (ANC) and Indonesian Navy is being conducted from June 13 to 24 2022 in the Andaman Sea and Straits of Malacca.
- It includes a visit by the Indonesian Navy units to ANC at Port Blair from June 13 to 15, 2022 followed by a Sea Phase in the Andaman Sea and visit by IN Units to Sabang (Indonesia) from June 23 to 24, 2022. The IND-INDO CORPAT contributes towards forging strong bonds of friendship across the Andaman Sea and Straits of Malacca.
- India and Indonesia have enjoyed especially close relations, covering a wide spectrum of activities and interactions which have strengthened over the years. The two Navies have been carrying out CORPAT along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) since 2002. This has helped build understanding and interoperability between both the Navies and has facilitated measures to prevent and suppress Illegal Unreported Unregulated (IUU) fishing, drug trafficking, maritime terrorism, armed robbery and piracy, etc.
Inauguration Of 28th Joint Civil-military Training Programme At LBSNAA
- Rajnath Singh addressed the participants of the 28th Joint Civil-Military Training Programme at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand on June 13, 2022.
- The Joint Civil-Military Programme was initiated in 2001 with the aim of fostering structured interface between civil servants and Armed Forces officers for a shared understanding of national security. Participants are drawn from the Civil Services, Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces.
- The Raksha Mantri asserted that the full-fledged process of civil-military jointness has been started by the Government with the creation of the post of Chief of Defence Staff and establishment of Department of Military Affairs. He said, these decisions are proving to be helpful in making the country ready for future challenges. He added that the steps taken to modernise the Armed Forces and make the defence sector ‘Aatmanirbhar’ have started to yield results. Now, India is not only manufacturing equipment for its Armed Forces, but is meeting the needs of friendly countries as well, in line with the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Make in India, Make for the World’, he said.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration is a civil service training institute on public policy and public administration in India. The academy’s main purpose is to train civil servants of the IAS cadre and also conduct the Foundation Course of Group-A Central Civil Services.
- It has been functioning under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions since 1985.
- Motto: “शीलं परम भूषणम्”
India Will Have Its First Hypersonic Missile In Five-six Years
- India-Russia defence Joint Venture BrahMos Aerospace is capable of making hypersonic missiles and will be able to have its first such missile in five to six years, BrahMos Aerospace informed.
- Starting on June 12 to mark 21 glorious years of the maiden supersonic launch of unbeatable BrahMos, the ‘Silver Jubilee Year‘ celebrations would culminate on February 12, 2023, on the ‘BrahMos Raising Day‘.
- BrahMos Aerospace has received around 80 hectares of land in Uttar Pradesh for the establishment of the new manufacturing centre with an initial investment of Rs 300 crore.
- Once fully operational, this dedicated facility will produce 80-100 BrahMos systems every year.
- The supersonic cruise missile has been successfully operationalised in all three Services of the Indian Armed Forces (in the Indian Navy in 2005; in the Indian Army in 2007; in Indian Air Force in 2020).
White Knight Celebrated Golden Jubilee Raising
- White Knight celebrated Golden Jubilee Raising Day. Hon’ble Lt Governor J&K & Army Cdr NC graced the occasion with their presence. Hon’ble Lt Governor complimented all ranks for maintaining peace & stability in the region.
- The White Knight Corps was raised on 1 June 1972, as part of the Northern Command and Lt General JFR Jacob was the first Corps Commander. The Corps has a rich history of valour in wars and has also performed commendably in the operations along the Line of Control and in CI/ CT operations in J&K.
- The Lt Governor made a special mention of the medical camps being organized to raise awareness about health and fitness among the local people, besides sustained thrust on channelizing young energies towards productive engagement through a host of schemes including- reformative and motivational lectures in schools and colleges, scholarships for needy students, providing IT and computer education for skill development and promotion of sports amongst the youth.
- On Golden Jubilee Raising Day celebrations of White knight, Veer Smriti Yatra was ‘Flagged In’ by Hon’ble Lt Governor J&K at Nagrota Mil Stn. 15 Riders traversed through spines of the Himalayas covering 600 kms in 06 days paying tribute to the Bravehearts.
India Appears To Be Expanding Its Nuclear Arsenal, Claims SIPRI
- India had 160 nuclear warheads as on January 2022 and it appears to be expanding its nuclear arsenal, Stockholm-based defence think tank SIPRI claimed on Monday. Similarly, Pakistan also appears to be expanding its nuclear arsenal, the SIPRI.
- “China is in the middle of a substantial expansion of its nuclear weapon arsenal, which satellite images indicate includes the construction of over 300 new missile silos,” SIPRI’s statement noted. China had 350 nuclear warheads in January 2021 as well as January 2022.
- “India and Pakistan appear to be expanding their nuclear arsenals, and both countries introduced and continued to develop new types of nuclear delivery system in 2021,” it claimed. India does not share official data on its nuclear arsenal.
- At the start of 2022, the 9 nuclear-armed states possessed an estimated 12 705 nuclear weapons:
- USA 5428
- Russia 5977
- UK 225
- France 290
- China 350
- India 160
- Pakistan 165
- Israel 90
- North Korea 20
- There are total nine countries that have nuclear weapons – the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea
- LBASNNA Is Located At
- New Delhi
- Which Edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) is Held from 13 June-24 June 2022?
- Akash Prime Is A
- Air Defecne Missile System
- Sniper Rifle
- Controller General of Defence Accounts Heads The
- MoD Accounts
- Make In India Accounts
- Parliament Accounts
- Defence Accounts Department
- Which Is Not the Member Of BIMSTEC? Said By__
- Both B&C
- SITMEX Ex Is Done Among
- India, Singapore, and Thailand
- India, Sri Lanka and Thailand
- Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand
- None of the above
- Major Rank Of Indian Army Is Equivalent To Which Rank Of The Indian Navy?
- Lt Commander
- Which is the 6th largest Submarine Under P75?
- INS Karanj
- INS Vagsheer
- INS Kirpan
- INS Vela
- Where Is The Hq Of The Northern Command of The Indian Army?
- Prithvi Defence Vehicle Mark 2 Is A
- Anti-satellite Missile Test
- Duncan Passage separates: –
- Rutland Island and Little Andaman
- Andaman and Nicobar
- North and South Andaman
- South Andaman and little Andaman
- Speed of K-15 Sagarika Is
- Mach 5.5
- Mach 6.5
- Mach 7.5
- Mach 8.5
- Mundra Port Is In
- Air India One Aircraft Using By
- Indian President, Vice President and PM
- Indian President, Vice President and NSA
- Indian President, Vice President and Defence Minister
- Bamako Is the Capital Of
- “A Better India: A Better World” Book Is Written By
- Narayana Murthy
- Sitaram Yechuri
- Hew Strachan
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Motto of THE MARATHA LIGHT INFANTRY REGIMENT
- Parakramo Vijayate
- Assam Vikram
- Yudhaya Krit Nishchaya
- Duty, Honour, courage
- SIMBEX Exercise Held B/W India And___?
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- World Blood Donor Day Celebrated Every Year On
- 14th June
- 15th June
- 16th June
- 17th June
- Joint Exercises B/w The India and Bangladesh Is Called:
- Table-Top Ex
- Yudha Abhyas
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
Leave a Reply