Daily Defence Current Affairs 15 March 2022
GOVERNMENT PLANS ON AMCA
- Process for obtaining Cabinet Committee on Security’s (CCS) approval for design and prototype development of Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) has been initiated.
- 5th Generation fighter aircraft, due to very special features, are costlier than 4th Generation fighter aircraft. Since AMCA is an indigenous 5th Generation aircraft, it is less costly than similar aircraft available outside.
- This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Smt Shanta Chhetri in Rajya Sabha on March 14, 2022.
DEFENCE MODERNISATION ARMY CHIEF COMPLIMENTS RIMC ON Founder’s Day
- Details of Budget Estimates (BE) and Expenditure incurred by Armed Forces under Capital Acquisition segment (Modernisation) of the Defence Services Estimates since Financial Year 2014-15 are as under:
- Modernisation involves the acquisition of new state-of-the-art platforms, technologies and weapon systems to upgrade and augment defence capabilities. Modernisation of Defence Forces is a continuous process based on threat perception, operational challenges and technological changes to keep the Armed Forces in a state of readiness to meet the entire spectrum of security challenges. This is achieved through induction of new equipment and technological upgradation of capabilities.
- The equipment requirements of the Armed Forces are planned and progressed through a detailed process which includes 15 Year Long Term Integrated Perspective Plan (LTIPP), a five-year Service-wise capability Acquisition Plan, a two-year roll-on Annual Acquisition Plan, and deliberations by the Defence Acquisition Council. The modernisation projects are progressed as per the approved Capital Acquisition Plans and in terms of the extant Defence Acquisition Procedure.
- Since 2014 total amount of Rs 1,130.30 crore have been allocated to Universities/Indigenous firm/ MSMEs towards R&D in defence technology.
China says India & Pakistan should hold talks; conduct ‘thorough’ probe into accidental missile firing
- China on Monday said India and Pakistan should hold dialogue as soon as possible and launch a “thorough” investigation into the recent “accidental firing” of a missile from India which landed in Pakistan’s Punjab province.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian, during a media briefing here, said both Pakistan and India are important countries in South Asia, and they share the responsibility to uphold regional security and stability.
HAL, Safran to set up Helicopter Engines MRO facility in Goa
- The ground-breaking ceremony for a new facility of Helicopter Engines MRO Pvt Limited (HE-MRO), a joint venture of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Safran, was held on Monday at Sattari, 40 km from Panaji, in Goa.
- The facility will be operational by the end of 2023 with a capacity to repair 50 engines a year and a full-capacity goal of 150 engines in the coming years, HAL said.
- “The 1,000 sqm training and office facility and a 3,800 sqm international class shop facility will provide Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services for Safran TM333 and HAL Shakti engines installed on HAL-built helicopters to increase the operational readiness of the Indian Armed Forces.”
- Shakti is installed on HAL’s ALH/Dhruv variants including ‘Rudra’ and has also been selected to power the HAL-designed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH). The Ardiden 1U variant powers the new Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), a three-ton single-engine aircraft. The engine was certified by DGCA (India) on July 26, 2021, for civil applications.
Sikh Employees Of Aviation Sector Can Carry Kirpan At Airport
- The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) has allowed the Sikh employees of the aviation sector to carry Kirpan at the airport.
- In a revised order, MoCA removed the clause mentioned in its earlier order which stated that no employees at any domestic or international airport terminal be allowed to carry Kirpan in person.
- BCAS mentioned that the Indian Sikhs can carry Kirpan in domestic flights with the blade length, not more than six inches and the total length of the kirpan is not more than 9 inches, and no Sikhs employees are allowed to carry Kirpan to the airport, working in any terminal, national or international.
ISRO Successfully Carried Out Testing Of Booster SSLV
- ISRO successfully carried out the ground testing of the newly developed solid booster stage (SS1) for its new launch vehicle Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, at 1205 hrs.
- The Indian Space & Research Organisation on Monday successfully conducted the ground testing of the newly developed solid booster stage (SS1) for its new Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV). The test was conducted at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- The test was conducted at 12:05 pm when the booster was fired up. ISRO said that the successful testing has given it sufficient confidence to proceed with the first developmental flight of SSLV (SSLV-D1).
- The remaining stages of SSLV (SS2 & SS3) have successfully undergone necessary ground tests and are ready for integration.
- SSLV Stands For
- Service Satellite Launch Vehicle
- Small Sound Launch Vehicle
- Small Satellite Loud Vehicle
- Small Satellite Launch Vehicle
- The Satish Dhawan Space Centre Is In
- Chennai, T.N
- ITR, Odisha
- Trombay, M.H
- Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
- Manat The Currency of Which Country?
- What Is Highest Commissioned Rank Awarded In The Navy?
- Wing Commander
- ‘Cheetah’ And ‘Chetak’ Are the Names Of
- Fighter aircrafts
- Armoured vehicles
- Infantry regiments
- Which Of the Following Missiles Is Air To Air Missile?
- Astra missile
- Maitri missile
- “Anti-Terrorism Day” in India Is Observed On
- May 21
- May 23
- June 21
- June 23
- The “Ladakh Scouts” is also known as
- Snow Lions
- Snow Warriors
- Snow Leopards
- Snow Jackals
- Joint exercises b/w IAF and France are called:
- Which Force Is Under the Control of The MOD?
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police
- Rashtriya Rifles
- National Security Guard
- Sashastra Seema Bal
- Al Nagah Conducted B/w
- From Which Country Has India Purchased Its Rafale Aircraft?
- Which Park Is Located In Jammu & Kashmir?
- Dachigam National Park
- Rajaji National Park
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Nameri National Park
- Which Pair Is Correctly Matched with Respect To Their Locations?
- Amangarh Tiger Reserve – Bihar
- Valmiki National Park – Bihar
- Palamau national park – Andhra Pradesh
- Namdapha national park – Uttar Pradesh
- “The Future of India” Book Is Written By
- Deepak Chopra
- Anurag Mathur
- Bimal Jalan
- Amitava Ghosh
- The Recently Launched ‘Bahini Scheme’ Is Related To?
- Providing women safety at workplace.
- Installation of vending machines to provide free sanitary pads.
- Providing institutional financial support to Self-help groups.
- Providing hostel facilities to students from socially and educationally backward classes.
- Where is the HQ of Northern Railway Command?
- AFSPA Stands For?
- Armed Forces Special Powers Act
- Armed Forces Special Poor Act
- Armed Fight Special Powers Act
- None of the above
The Conqueror Is the Motto Of
- Para SF
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation Is In
- Highest Gallantry Award Is
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Indian Army Yearly Review 2021 Defence Current Affairs And Updates [Download PDF]
- Indian Navy Yearly Review 2021 Defence Current Affairs And Updates [Download PDF]
- Indian Airforce Yearly Review 2021 Defence Current Affairs And Updates [Download PDF]