In today’s 22 and 23 May 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 22 – 23 May 2022
International Day For Biological Diversity
- The International Day For Biological Diversity (Or World Biodiversity Day) Is A United Nations-sanctioned International Day For The Promotion Of Biodiversity Issues. It Is Currently Held On May 22.
- The International Day For Biological Diversity Falls Within The Scope Of The Un Post-2015 Development Agenda’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- To Commemorate The Adoption Of The Convention On May 22, 1992, At The Rio Earth Summit.
- The theme of International Day for Biological Diversity, May 22, 2022, is ‘Building a shared future for all life’.
Peoples Of Non-Self-Governing Territories
- The United Nations is observing the International Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing Territories from May 25 to 31, 2022. On December 06, 1999, the UN General Assembly called for the annual observance of the Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing Territories. In UN Charter, a Non-Self-Governing Territory is defined as a Territory “whose people have not yet attained a full measure of self-government.”
- The observation aims to take effective measures to safeguard and guarantee the inalienable rights of the peoples of the Non-Self-Governing Territories to their natural resources, including land, and to establish and maintain control over the future development of those resources and requested the Administering Powers to take all necessary steps to protect the property rights of the peoples of those Territories. At present, there are 17 Non-Self-Governing Territories remaining.
World Economic Forum In Davos
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will lead the Indian delegation at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos from 22nd to 26th of this month. The delegation will include Health and Family Welfare Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, and Chief Ministers and Senior Ministers of six states – Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Telangana. Several industry leaders will also participate in the deliberations of World Economic Forum.
- This event would further help reinforce country’s position as an important and relevant stakeholder in shaping the global narrative, particularly as India assumes Presidency of the G-20 next year.
- The WEF will also be a platform to project India as an attractive investment destination in view of its robust economic growth and stable macroeconomic indicators.
8th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav participated in the 8th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting which was held virtually under Presidency of China.
- The theme of the meeting was ‘Foster High-Quality BRICS Partnership, Usher in a New Era for Global Development’. Ministers and delegates from Brazil, Russia and South Africa also participated in the meeting.
- Addressing the Meeting, Mr Yadav mentioned about the significance and important role of the BRICS nations while combatting the global environmental and climate change challenges.
- He highlighted historical responsibility of developed countries for consuming the carbon budget; equity at all scales in climate action and sustainable development and fulfilment of commitments made by the Developed Countries on climate finance and transfer of technology.
- The Joint Statement for the 8 th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting was also adopted in the meeting after hectic deliberation among the BRICS Nations.
80 Cases Of Monkeypox In 11 Countries: WHO
- The World Health Organization has said, about 80 cases of monkeypox have been confirmed in 11 countries. It also warned that more cases are likely to be reported. WHO says, another 50 suspected cases are being investigated, without naming any country.
- In a statement issued yesterday, WHO said that it is working with the affected countries and others to expand disease surveillance to find and support people who may be affected. It also warned against stigmatizing groups because of the disease.
- Earlier, infections were confirmed in Italy, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom, where the first European case was reported. Monkeypox is most common in remote parts of Central and West Africa.
- According to the UK’s National Health Service, it is a rare viral infection that is usually mild and from which most people recover in a few weeks.
- Meanwhile, the virus does not spread easily between people, and the risk to the wider public is said to be very low.
Indonesia Announces To Lift Ban On Palm Oil Exports
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo has announced to lift ban on Palm oil exports from coming Monday. The world’s top palm oil exporter has since 28th of last month halted shipments of crude palm oil (CPO) and some derivative products to try to tame soaring prices of domestic cooking oil. The decision was announced by President Joko Widodo, who cited an improvement in the domestic cooking oil supply situation as the reason for lifting the restrictions.
- Industry figures hailed the decision to resume exports.
- Palm Oil farmers in Indonesia staged a significant protest in the country’s capital on Tuesday due to a fall in the domestic edible oil prices following the export ban.
- Palm oil makes up more than a third of the world’s vegetable oil market, with Indonesia accounting for about 60% of palm oil supply.
P V Sindhu Bows Out Of Thailand Open
- In Badminton, Indian shuttler P. V. Sindhu bowed out of Women’s Singles of the Thailand Open Semi Finals.
- The Two-time Olympic medalist lost to China’s Chen Yu Fei in straight games 17-21, 16-21.
- The 26-year-old from Hyderabad had also lost to Chen the last time the two faced off at the 2019 BWF World Tour Finals.
- Sindhu, who has won two Super 300 titles at the Syed Modi International and Swiss Open and a bronze at Badminton Asia Championships this season, will next compete at the Indonesia Masters Super 500 scheduled to be held in Jakartka from June 7 to 12.
India Shines @ Archery World Cup 2022
- The Indian men’s compound team won the gold medal in Archery World Cup 2022 Stage-Two in Gwangju, South Korea. The Indian team, comprising Abhishek Verma, Aman Saini, and Rajat Chauhan Won It.
- The team of Abhishek Verma and Avneet Kaur also won the bronze in the mixed event.
- The Indian Women’s compound team of Avneet Kaur, Muskan Kirar, and Priya Gurjar have also won a team bronze.
- International Day For Biological Diversity
- May 20
- May 21
- May 22
- May 23
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization was founded in
- UN World Food Programme was founded in
- HQ of World Food Programme
- UN International Fund for Agricultural Development was founded in
- HQ of World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Convention on Biological Diversity came into effect from
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) Secretariat is based in
- New York
- San Francisco
- Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety was adopted in
- Nagoya Protocol was adopted in
- ‘Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020’ is also known as
- Aichi Targets
- India enacted Biological Diversity Act in ____ for giving effect to the provisions of the CBD.
- 1st Indian To Win An Individual Medal In The Olympics?
- Milkha Singh
- Karnam Malleswari
- P. T. Usha
- K. D. Jadhav
- Saurabh Chaudhary Is Related To Which Sports?
- Who Was Nominated For Laureus World Sports Awards
- Anirban Chatterjee
- Pankaj Advani
- Dutee Chand
- Vinesh Phoghat
- 1st Indian Female Wrestler To Win A Medal At Olympics Is
- Sakshi Malik
- Babita Kumari
- Vinesh Phogat
- Geetha Phogat
- First Indian Cricketer To Hit 400 International Sixes?
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli
- Shikhar Dhawan
- MS Dhoni
- Ashwini Ponnappa Is Associated With Which Game
- Muskan Kirar Belongs To Which Sports
- 1st Indian Woman Cricketer To Get MCC Life Membership
- Neetu David
- Anjum Chopra
- Jhulan Goswami
- Mithali Raj
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
Leave a Reply