In today’s 22 June 2022 Defence Current affairs and updates, we are going to see the latest defense-related updates national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 22 June 2022
Raksha Mantri To Hold Bilateral Talks With His Australian Defence Minister
- Rajnath Singh will hold bilateral talks with Australian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Richard Marles in New Delhi on June 22, 2022. During the bilateral talks, the two Ministers will review the defence cooperation b/w the two countries and explore new initiatives to further strengthen bilateral engagements.
- Mr. Richard Marles reached Goa on June 20, 2022, on the first leg of his four-day visit to India. He visited Goa Shipyard Limited and will be visiting INS Hansa later in the day during his stay in Goa.
- India Australia Relations
- India established a Trade Office in Sydney in 1941. After independence, in 1950, Robert Menzies became the first Australian Prime Minister to visit India.
- In 2009, a ‘Strategic Partnership’ was established b/w the two countries.
- Australia supports India’s candidature in an expanded UN Security Council.
- Both India and Australia are members of the G-20, Commonwealth, IOR-ARC, ASEAN Regional Forum, Asia Pacific Partnership on Climate and Clean Development, and have participated in the East Asia Summits.
- In 2008, Australia became an Observer in SAARC.
- India – Australia Military Relations
- A joint naval exercise called AUSINDEX is carried out between India and Australia every year.
- In 2007, Australia was a participant in the Malabar Exercise.
- Australia & India are members of QUAD.
Ministry of Defence Celebrates 8th International Day Of Yoga
- On the occasion of the 8th International Day of Yoga, the MOD organized a simultaneous mass demonstration of Yoga at the Defence Accounts Department Headquarters in New Delhi on June 21, 2022, along with the Prime Minister’s Yoga Programme in Mysuru, Karnataka.
- The theme of the IDY is “Yoga for Humanity”. The PM’s Yoga programme at Mysuru and aligned events by various Central Government Ministries as part of the novel programme ‘Guardian Yoga Ring’ which is a collaborative exercise b/w 79 countries and United Nations organisations.
- The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on June 21 since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice which originated in India.
Agniveers Will Be Eligible For Gallantry Awards: Department Of Military Affairs
- Agniveers will be eligible for gallantry awards, the Department of Military Affairs said on Tuesday in the backdrop of protests against the Agnipath scheme in different parts of the country.
- “Today, 50 to 60 people come for every vacancy to be recruited and only one is selected, so we need to take the best candidate for the country. The selection process will be transparent, fair, objective and centrally maintained,” he said.
- The DMA official highlighted that the department undergoes 80 to 100 bilateral exercises with many countries and from such engagements, it got the idea that the average age of soldiers is 26-27 years.
- “The Government has announced Agnipath scheme under which youth will be able to join armed forces. The age criteria will be 17.5 to 21 years. Happy to announce that for the first recruitment, the upper age limit has been revised to 23 years. It will benefit the youth. Air Force recruitment will begin on June 24,” the Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari said in a virtual address on Friday.
Agniveers Will Get Opportunity To Join Merchant Navy After Completing Four-year Training: Navy
- A Directorate General of Shipping order issued by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways will provide Agniveers with the opportunity to join the Merchant Navy directly after completing their four-year training, an Indian Navy official said on Tuesday.
- Addressing a presser today, Chief of Personnel (COP) of the Indian Navy, Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, said, “A DGS order issued by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways will provide Agniveers with the opportunity to join the Merchant Navy directly after completing their four-year training. A Memorandum of Understanding was also signed between the Indian Navy and the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways to ensure the same.”
- The Indian Navy official highlighted that recruitment under the scheme will start on June 22.
- “Our recruitment calendar was decided for June 25, but it will start tomorrow, June 22. Online registration will start from July 1 onwards,” Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi said.
For First Time, Navy To Recruit Women Sailors Through Agnipath
- Focusing on gender-neutrality in all its branches, the Indian Navy will recruit women sailors through the newly-unveiled Agnipath recruitment scheme and these new recruits will be posted on board warships upon completion of training.
- “Indian Navy has 30 women officers at present sailing on different Indian Navy ships. We have decided that under the Agnipath scheme, we will recruit women also. They will be deployed on warships also“.
- “From November 21 this year, the first naval ‘Agniveers’ will start reaching the training establishment INS Chilka, Odisha. Both female and male Agniveers are allowed for this,” Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi said.
If We Have To Prepare For Tomorrow, Then We Have To Change: NSA
- Calling Agnipath one of the multitudes being used to enhance the security of the country, Doval asked the Indian citizens to look at the scheme with a perspective that could be helpful to bring the changes needed in the security system as its a dynamic concept.
- “The whole war is undergoing a great change. We are going toward contactless wars, & also going towards the war against the invisible enemy. Technology is taking over at a rapid pace. If we have to prepare for tomorrow, then we have to change,” NSA said.
- The government announced the radical and far-reaching ‘Agnipath’ scheme last week, deploying defence minister Rajnath Singh and the three Service chiefs to deflect criticism that it will undermine the armed forces’ professionalism, ethos, and fighting spirit, as well as potentially lead to the militarization of civil society.
- The process of recruiting 46,000 soldiers, sailors, and airmen this year will begin on a “all-India, all-class” basis under the Agnipath scheme, which was authorised by the PM Modi-led cabinet committee on security.
Indian Communication Satellite To Be Launched By Arianespace On Wednesday
- European space agency Arianespace will put orbit two communication satellites belonging to India and Malaysia in geostationary orbit. The two satellites weighing cumulatively 10,863 kg will be flown by Ariane 5 rocket early June 22 from the spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, said Arianespace.
- GSAT-24 built by ISRO is a 24-Ku band communication satellite weighing 4,180 kg with pan India coverage for meeting the direct-to-home (DTH) application needs. The GSAT-24 will be the 25th Indian satellite orbited by Arianespace.
- The GSAT satellites are India’s indigenously developed communications satellites, used for digital audio, data and video broadcasting. As of 5 December 2018, 20 GSAT satellites of ISRO have been launched out of which 14 satellites are in service.
- History: The GSAT series of geosynchronous satellites is a system developed by ISRO with an objective to make India self-reliant in broadcasting services. The repertoire of 10 GSAT satellites, a total of 168 transponders (out of which 95 transponders are leased out to provide services to the broadcasters) in the C, Extended C and Ku-bands provides services to telecommunications, television broadcasting, weather forecasting, disaster warning and search and rescue operations.
Visakhapatnam: HSL Dedicates 200th Ship To Nation
- HSL is celebrating its 81st Foundation Day on Tuesday by dedicating its 200th constructed ship ‘Balbir’ for the Indian Navy and 2000th repaired ship ‘SCI Pawan’ of SCI to the nation under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Headquarters: Visakhapatnam
- Founded: 22 June 1941
- Owner: Government of India
- In commemoration to the glorious history of over eight decades, HSL released a book on ‘200 ships and beyond’. As a part of the green initiative, three information technology-based applications namely, annual property returns, NIC mail access from Local Area Network (LAN) PC and dynamic payment QR code for tax invoices to customers for the benefit of the employees were launched.
- It also conducts major overhauls of Indian Navy submarines, and is being equipped to construct nuclear-powered submarines. However, the shipyard has a history of protracted refits. The submarines Vela, Vagli, and Sindhukirti each spent almost 10 years for a single refit at HSL. Where a Russian shipyard would deploy 200 workers in three shifts to complete the refit in two years, HSL deployed only 50 workers to work on Sindhukirti.
- Current NSA Of India Is
- S Jaishankar
- Ajit Doval
- R Hari Kumar
- V R Chaudhari
- International Yoga Day 2022 Theme Is
- Yoga For Peace
- Yoga for Humanity
- Yoga Our Future
- Ex ‘AUSINDEX’ conducted b/w India &
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (India) Is
- Satish Namdeo Ghormade
- R Hari Kumar
- Karambir Lamba
- Sunil Singh
- Which Is The New Recruitment Policy For Indian Armed Forces?
- Varuna Yojna
- Agnipath Yojna
- Yodha Yojna
- Karambir Yojna
- North-West Region Of ICG Located In
- Joint Exercises B/w The India And USA Is Called:
- Tiger Triumph
- Department of Defence Production Comes Under
- Ministry of Culture
- Which Country Is Not The Member Of QUAD
- Dhanush (howitzer) Manufactured By
- L & T
- Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Limited
- International Olympic Day Is Observed On
- 21 June
- 22 June
- 23 June
- 24 June
- Where Is The Hq Of The Eastern Command of The IAF?
- PVSM Stands For
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Param Vishisht Sainik Medal
- Param Vishishthtm Seva Medal
- Canberra Is The Capital Of
- “Broken Wing” Book Is Written By
- Sarojini Naidu
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Maithili Sharan Gupt
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Israeli ‘Non-Line of Sight (NLOS) Is A
- Ballistic Missile
- Chairman Of NITI Aayog Is
- Rajiv Kumar
- Rakesh Asthana
- R Hari Kumar
- Narendra Modi
- Blaser R93 Tactical Is Rifle Of
- Sri Lanka
- Leclerc Is A
- Sena Medal Award Is Given To The Soldiers Of
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]