DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 23 – 24 January 2022
Parakram Diwas Celebrated across India
- The Indian government has decided to celebrate January 23rd as ‘Parakram Diwas’ to commemorate the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- This year is the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. Netaji was born on January 23, 1897.
- Taking to Twitter PM Modi wrote: “I bow to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his Jayanti. Every Indian is proud of his monumental contribution to our nation.”
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2022
- To recognize and honor the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by individuals and organizations in India in the field of disaster management, the Government of India has instituted an annual award known as Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar. The award is announced every year on 23rd January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 51 lakh and a certificate in case of an institution and Rs. 5 lakh and a certificate in case of an individual.
- For the award this year, nominations were solicited from 1st July 2021 onwards. The award scheme for the year 2022 was given wide publicity through print, electronic and social media. In response to the award scheme, 243 valid nominations were received from institutions and individuals.
- For the year 2022, (i) Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management (in the Institutional category) and (ii) Professor Vinod Sharma (in the Individual category) have been selected for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar for their excellent work in Disaster Management.
- Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management: Established in 2012, the GIDM has been working to enhance Gujarat’s disaster risk reduction (DRR) capacity. Through a series of strategically designed capacity-building programs, GIDM has trained more than 12,000 professionals on diverse issues concerning multi-hazard risk management and reduction during the pandemic.
- Some recent key initiatives include the development of a user-friendly Gujarat Fire Safety Compliance Portal and the development of a Mobile App Technology-based Advanced COVID-19 Syndromic Surveillance (ACSyS) system to complement the COVID-19 surveillance efforts of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project.
- Professor Vinod Sharma: Sharma, a senior professor at the Indian Institute of Public Administration and vice-chairman of the Sikkim State Disaster Management Authority, was the founder coordinator of the National Centre of Disaster Management, now known as the National Institute of Disaster Management, it said.
- He has worked tirelessly towards bringing disaster risk reduction (DRR) to the forefront of the national agenda.
India Emerges as Largest Exporters of Cucumber & Gherkins in the World
- India has emerged as the largest exporter of gherkins in the world. India has exported cucumber and gherkins to the tune of 1,23,846 Metric Tonnes with a value of USD 114 million during April-October (2020-21).
- India has crossed the USD 200 million mark of export of agricultural processed product, – pickling cucumber, which is globally referred to as gherkins or cornichons, in the last financial year.
- In 2020-21, India had shipped 2,23,515 Metric Tonnes of cucumber and gherkins with a value of USD 223 million.
- Following directions of the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) undertook a series of initiatives in infrastructure development, product promotion in the global market and adherence to food safety management system in processing units.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will interact with Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) awardees on 24th January 2022 via video conferencing. Digital certificates will be conferred on PMRBP awardees for the years 2022 and 2021 using Blockchain Technology. This technology is being used for the first time for giving certificates to awardees.
- The Government of India has been conferring the PMRBP award to children for their exceptional achievement in six categories namely Innovation, Social Service, Scholastic, Sports, Art & Culture, and Bravery. This year, 29 children from across the country, under different categories of Bal Shakti Puraskar, have been selected for PMRBP-2022. The awardees also take part in the Republic day parade every year. Each awardee of PMRBP has been given a medal, a cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh, and a certificate. The cash prize will be transferred to the respective accounts of PMRBP 2022 winners.
District Good Governance Index
- In the composite ranking of the first-ever District Good Governance Index (DGGI) released Saturday by Home Minister, Amit Shah, the Jammu district has managed to top the list followed by districts of Doda, Samba, Pulwama, and Srinagar in the UT.
- The DGGI is a framework document comprising of performance under ten governance sectors having 58 indicators with 116 data points. The criteria have been adopted after following a rigorous and robust process of data collection, screening, and validation by each of the Districts.
- The governance sectors the performance of which was weighed under this index includes Agriculture and allied sector (11 indicators), Commerce and Industry (05), Human Resource Development (09), Public Health (09), Public Infrastructure and Utilities (06), Social Welfare and Development (06), Financial Inclusion (03), Judiciary and Public Safety (04), Environment (02) and Citizen-Centric Governance (03).
- Under individual categories Kishtwar has been rated top in Agriculture sector, Jammu in two sectors of Commerce and Industry and Citizen-Centric Governance, Pulwama in HRD, Reasi in Public Health, Srinagar in Public Infrastructure, Ramban in Social Welfare, Ganderbal in Financial Inclusion, Doda in Judicial and Public Safety and Shopian in Environment.
National Girl Child Day / Rashtriya Balika Diwas
- The National Girl Child Day is celebrated in India every year on January 24th. It was initiated in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the government of India, in order to spread public awareness about inequities that girls face in Indian society.
- The day is celebrated with organized programs including awareness campaigns about Save the Girl Child, child sex ratios, and the creation of a healthy and safe environment for girls.
- The theme for the Girl Child Day 2021 was ‘Digital Generation, Our Generation, and the theme of Girl’s Day in the year 2020 was ‘My voice, our common future.
- Culture Ministry will organize Rangoli Utsav ‘Umang’ on National Girl Child Day tomorrow as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. Participating teams will make Rangoli decorations at more than 50 special locations across the country
- In the event, it is proposed that the participating teams will make Rangoli decorations for about one kilometer of length on the roads and squares that have been named after the female freedom fighters or the female role models of the country.
Govt to Promote Drone Use in Agriculture
- In a major boost to promote precision farming in India, the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has issued guidelines to make drone technology affordable to the stakeholders of this sector.
- The guidelines of “Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization” have been amended which envisages granting up to 100 percent of the cost of agriculture drones or 10 lakh rupees whichever is less to the agricultural institutes.
- The grant will be provided for the purchase of drones by the Farm Machinery Training and, Testing Institutes, ICAR institutes, Krishi Vigyan Kendras, and State Agriculture Universities for taking up large-scale demonstrations of this technology on the farmers’ fields.
- The Ancestral House of Subhash Chandra Bose Is Now Turned Into
- Netaji Bhavan
- Netaji Museum
- Netaji Sadan
- Netaji Sangrahalaya
- Who among the following leaders joined Subhash Chandra Bose to establish the All India Forward Bloc and participated in the INA Movement?
- Baikuntha Shukla
- JP Narayan
- Ram Narayan Prasad
- Sheel Bhadra Yajee
- ‘Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar’ is awarded by which Union Ministry?
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Corporate affairs
- In which year, Azad Hind Radio service was started under Subhash Chandra Bose in Germany?
- Who was defeated by Subhash Chandra Bose during his re-election as President of INC at the Tripuri Session in 1939?
- Pattabhi Sitaramayya
- Rajendra Prasad
- Abul Kalam Azad
- Which of the following statements is not correct about the book Indian struggle written by Subhash Chandra Bose?
- It covers the period of India’s Struggle for freedom between 1920 and 1942.
- It comprises the Haripura (1938) and Tripura (1939) sessions.
- It has a chapter ‘The Gandhi-Irwin Pact and after
- It depicts the comprehensive history of the Peasant Movement in India.
- The I.N.A. was organized by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at which of the following places?
- ______ conferred Bose with the title “Prince among the Patriots” in 1942.
- Gopal Hari Deshmukh
- M K Gandhi
- C R Das
- B G Tilak
- In which of the following countries “Subhash Chandra Bose” organized the “Tiger Legion”?
- Where did Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose establish the Provisional Government of Free India?
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 1 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 2 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 3 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 4 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 5 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 6 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs December 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs November 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs October 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs September 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
Leave a Reply