In today’s 24 June 2022 Defence Current affairs and updates, we are going to see the latest defense-related updates national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 24 June 2022
IAF To Conduct Its First Capstone Seminar
- The IAF is conducting the first Warfare & Aerospace Strategy Program culminating with a Capstone Seminar at Air Force Auditorium, New Delhi on 24 Jun 2022. The seminar will be conducted under the aegis of College of Air Warfare and Centre for Air Power Studies.
- Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, Chief of the Air Staff, shall deliver the keynote address on the occasion which is being attended by senior officers from all three Services, air power scholars, academia from principal think tanks and premier colleges of the country.
- This Capstone Seminar aims to showcase the learning objectives of WASP and help the IAF leadership to validate the desired outcomes from the program. The participants shall present papers on contemporary topics concerning application of air power in recent conflicts and the changing doctrinal precepts that establish the dominant role of air power in national security.
- It will further hone the ability of the participants to link varied thoughts and theories about the whole-of-government approach to statecraft.
- The course was organized at CAW which is IAF’s premier institute for Air Power Studies.
India Emerges Frontrunner For Malaysian Fighter Jet Order
- India has emerged as the frontrunner for a Malaysian requirement of light combat aircraft, with a package deal on the table that would include maintenance and spares for the nation’s Russian-origin Su-30 fighter jets.
- India has offered an attractive financial package for its Tejas LCA and has committed that it can keep Malaysia’s fleet of Su-30 jets flightworthy, given the vast spares reserve and technical expertise available with HAL.
- The Indian LCA is priced at around $42 million per unit, a price made possible given economies of scale after the IAF placed an order for 83 fighter jets under the Make in India initiative.
- Other contenders for the deal — primarily South Korea and China — are not in a position to offer this package as they do not have backend contracts with Russian manufacturers to work on the Sukhoi fighters. Malaysia has 18 of the Su 30 MKM fighters, which are very similar to the MKI version that is in service with the Indian Air Force.
- The Malaysian air force has been scouting for 18 new light fighter jets, with the Indian LCA emerging as a top contender given its low acquisition cost and high technical ratings. India is offering the LCA Mk1A version with a modern AESA radar, new avionics and capability to integrate a variety of air to air and air to ground weapons. The Indian Air Force and Navy have also recently placed an order for indigenous Astra beyond visual range air to air missiles.
IAF Air Warriors Landed In Egypt To Participate In A Bilateral Tactical Leadership Programme
- A team of IAF Air Warriors landed in Egypt on 22 Jun 2022 to participate in a bilateral Tactical Leadership Programme with Egyptian Air Force.
- Participating with the Su-30 MkI aircraft, the aim of the exercise is to understand and assimilate the best practices.
India-Egypt Bilateral Relations
- India and Egypt, two of the world’s oldest civilizations, have enjoyed a history of close contact from ancient times. Ashoka’s edicts refer to his relations with Egypt under Ptolem-II. In modern times, Mahatma Gandhi and Saad Zaghloul shared common goals for the independence of their countries, a relationship that was to blossom into an exceptionally close friendship between President Nasser and Prime Minister Nehru, leading to a Friendship Treaty between the two countries in 1955.
- India and Egypt share close political understanding based on long history of contacts and cooperation in bilateral, regional and global issues. The joint announcement of establishment of diplomatic relations at Ambassadorial level was made on 18 August 1947. Both countries have cooperated closely in multilateral fora and were the founding members of Non-Aligned Movement. The year 2022 is of particular significance since it marks the 75th anniversary of diplomatic relation between India and Egypt.
- Economic Relations: Bilateral trade has expanded rapidly in 2021-22, amounting to 7.26 billion registering a 75% increase compared to FY 2020-21. India’s exports to Egypt during this period amounted to US$ 3.74 billion, registering a 65% increase over the same period in FY 2020-21. At the same time, Egypt’s exports to India reached US$ 3.52 billion registering an 86% increase.
- Exercises: The first-ever Special Forces exercise “Cyclone 1” between India and Egypt planned in Jodhpur from 8th – 22nd January 2022 stands postponed.
Indian Army Participated In The Rally Of Chamba 2022
- Two teams of Indian Army participated in the Rally of Chamba 2022, Himanchal Pradesh & bagged first position in respective categories. The rally was based on X-Country format and a total of 22 experienced National Rally teams participated in the event.
- Chalo Chamba Abhiyan is playing an important role in promoting tourism activities in Chamba district. This campaign is an initiative of the district administration of the 2nd edition of Rally of Chamba under the Chalo Chamba Campaign at the NHPC complex at Karian.
- Driver Kushagra Agarwal from Delhi and navigator T Nagarajal from Chennai won the first position (Overall Winner Adventure). Second position went to driver Shantanu Grover and navigator Raja Singh and Karan Purohit from Gurugram and Delhi respectively, while the third position was bagged by driver Jeet Mitra and Navigator Prasonjit Roy from Kolkata.
Asibal : Anti-tank Missile Developed By Indian Private Company Ready For Production
- The country’s first indigenous anti-tank missile ‘Asibal’ conceptualised, designed, and manufactured in the private sector is going to be manufactured at the city-based VEM Technologies upcoming integrated defence systems facility at National Investment Manufacturing Zone at Zaheer Abad in Sanga Reddy district, about 120 km from the capital.
- “It has been under development for the past few years in association with the MoD and public sector Munitions India Ltd. supplying the warhead, it is undergoing tests at different places. The licence to develop 10,000 tactile missiles a year,” said founder, chairman and managing director V. Venkat Raju
- A joint venture is proposed to be taken up with a US-based firm for making long range sniper rifles and a drone system with another foreign firm. “By 2029, our firm intends to develop some level of integrating a fighter aircraft. We have orders worth up to ₹1,000 crore,” disclosed Mr. Raju.
- The firm eventually plans to have 20 million sq.ft built up space with 40 km of internal roads and green cover with 10,000 saplings across the 511-acre space. “We will not have any township as it is a defence set-up’.
- Exercise Blitzkrieg the Aksai Chin Warriors validated the performance of All-Terrain Vehicles in treacherous super high-altitude terrain; enhancing their battlefield mobility & operational readiness. Transformation through Training.
- Exercise done under the aegis of Northern Command,
- Northern Command (India)
- The Northern Command is a Command of the Indian Army. It was originally formed as the Northern Army of the British Indian Army in 1908. It was scrapped upon India’s independence in 1947 and later re-raised in 1972. Currently, the XIV Corps (Leh), XV Corps (Srinagar) and XVI Corps (Nagrota) control its operational units. Its present commander is Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi.
- The Military Engineer Services (MES) is a construction agency of which Defence Force?
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Air Force
- Indian Coast Guard
- What is ‘Vigraha’, with respect to the Indian Coast Guard?
- Offshore Patrol Vessel
- Interceptor Boat
- ‘Cheetah’ and ‘Chetak’ are the names of:
- Fighter aircrafts
- Armoured vehicles
- Infantry regiments
- What is the highest commissioned rank awarded in the Navy?
- Wing Commander
- ‘Varuna’ is a multilateral Defence Exercise b/w India &
- Sri Lanka
- Super Hornet Is Made By
- Heron Is A
- Exercises B/w India And Nepal Lanka Is Called:
- Surya Kiran
- AEW&CS Stands For
- Airborne Early Warning and Center System
- Airborne East Warning and Control System
- Airborne Early Warning and Control System
- None of the above
- Air Marshal Rank of IAF Is Equivalent to which rank of Indian Navy?
- Vice Admiral
- ‘CORPS’ In Indian Army Headed By__
- General Officer Commanding (GOC)
- General Officer Commanding-in-chief (GOC-in-C)
- Major General
- Which Is/Are The Combat Arms Of The Indian Army?
- The Armoured Corp
- The Mechanized Infantry
- All of the above
- Bugatti Car Manufactured By
- India Purchased Dragunov SVD from
- Oslo Is The Capital Of
- “Mind-Master” Book Is Written By
- Roopa Pai
- Neha J Hiranandani
- M Venkaiah Naidu
- Viswanathan Anand and Susan Ninan
- Heckler & Koch MP5 Is A
- Submachine gun
- Machine pistol
- Sniper rifle
- Anti-material rifle
- Lt Gen. Rank Of Indian Army Is To Which Rank Of IAF?
- Vice Admiral
- Air Commodore
- Air Marshal
- Ex BLUE FLAG Hosted By
- Project 75 Is Related To Manufacturing Of
- Socrpean Submarine
- Sniper Rifle
- Fighter Jet
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]