In today’s 25 June 2022 Defence Current affairs and updates, we are going to see the latest defense-related updates national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 25 June 2022
Vertical Launch Short Range Surface To Air Missile Successfully Flight-tested
- Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) was successfully flight-tested by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Navy from an Indian Naval Ship at Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha on June 24, 2022. The VL-SRSAM, a ship borne weapon system, is meant for neutralising various aerial threats at close ranges including sea-skimming targets.
- The launch of the system was conducted against a high speed aerial target mimicking aircraft, which was successfully engaged. The flight path of the vehicle along with health parameters were monitored using a number of tracking instruments deployed by ITR, Chandipur. The test launch was monitored by senior officials from DRDO & the Indian Navy.
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has congratulated DRDO, Indian Navy and the industry for the successful flight-test and stated that the system has added an armour that will further enhance defence capability of Indian Naval ships against aerial threats.
- Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral R Hari Kumar appreciated the Indian Navy & DRDO for the successful flight test of the VL-SRSAM and said that the development of this indigenous missile system will further strengthen the defensive capabilities of the Indian Navy.
- Secretary, Department of Defence R&D & Chairman DRDO Dr G Satheesh Reddy complimented the teams involved in the successful flight test. He said, the test has proved the integration of indigenous weapon system onboard Indian Naval Ships. He added that it will prove to be a force multiplier for the Indian Navy and is another milestone towards Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’.
IAF To Participate In Tactical Leadership Programme With Egyptian Air Force
- Indian Air Force would be participating in Tactical Leadership Programme at Egyptian Air Force Weapon School from 24 Jun – 24 Jul 22 in Egypt (Cairo west Airbase) with three Su-30MKI aircraft, two C-17 aircraft and 57 IAF personnel (including C-17 contingent).
- It is a unique exercise with Air assets in a Large Force Engagement environment, simulating various conflict scenarios. The exercise is aimed at enhancing defence cooperation between the two countries and exchange of best practices.
- In the present geopolitical scenario, this exercise provides a unique opportunity to showcase reach and capability of the IAF. It will also provide an opportunity to showcase the Su-30 MKI manufactured in India by HAL and our country’s expertise for deeper indigenisation of spares and components.
- India-Egypt Bilateral Relations
- India and Egypt, two of the world’s oldest civilizations, have enjoyed a history of close contact from ancient times. Ashoka’s edicts refer to his relations with Egypt under Ptolem-II. In modern times, Mahatma Gandhi and Saad Zaghloul shared common goals for the independence of their countries, a relationship that was to blossom into an exceptionally close friendship between President Nasser and Prime Minister Nehru, leading to a Friendship Treaty between the two countries in 1955.
- Political Relations
- India and Egypt share close political understanding based on long history of contacts and cooperation in bilateral, regional and global issues. The joint announcement of establishment of diplomatic relations at Ambassadorial level was made on 18 August 1947. Both countries have cooperated closely in multilateral fora and were the founding members of Non-Aligned Movement. The year 2022 is of particular significance since it marks the 75th anniversary of diplomatic relation between India and Egypt.
- Economic Relations: Bilateral trade has expanded rapidly in 2021-22, amounting to 7.26 billion registering a 75% increase compared to FY 2020-21. India’s exports to Egypt during this period amounted to US$ 3.74 billion, registering a 65% increase over the same period in FY 2020-21. At the same time, Egypt’s exports to India reached US$ 3.52 billion registering an 86% increase.
- Exercises: The first-ever Special Forces exercise “Cyclone 1” between India and Egypt planned in Jodhpur from 8th – 22nd January 2022 stands postponed.
Northern Army Commander Honours 84-yr-old For Services As Army Porter During 1962 Ops In Ladakh
- Northern Army commander Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi on Friday honoured 84-year-old Army porter Tsetan Namgyal for his services during the 1962 operation in Ladakh.
- Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi is currently on a four-day visit to Ladakh to review the operational preparedness of troops in the Union Territory. He was working with PVC awardee Lieutenant Col Dhan Singh Thapa during the 1962 operation in Ladakh.
- The Northern Command is a Command of the Indian Army. It was originally formed as the Northern Army of the British Indian Army in 1908. It was scrapped upon India’s independence in 1947 and later re-raised in 1972. Currently, the XIV Corps (Leh), XV Corps (Srinagar) and XVI Corps (Nagrota) control its operational units. Its present commander is Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi.
Made-in-India Combat Vehicles Inducted In Forward Areas In Ladakh
- Made-in-India Infantry Combat Vehicles have been inducted into the forward areas in Ladakh boosting the capabilities of the troops deployed there.
- The vehicles named Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicles were delivered to the Indian Army in April this year and have been tried and tested in the Ladakh region in mountainous terrain.
- The combat vehicles, named Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicles (IPMVs), were delivered to the Indian Army in April this year.
- These Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicles (IPMVs) have been jointly developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization and the Tata group.
BEL Inks Deal With Belarusian Firm For Supply Of Airborne Defense Suite For IAF helicopters
- BEL on Friday signed an MoU with a Belarusian company and its subsidiary for supply of Airborne Defense Suite for helicopters of the IAF. The Bengaluru-HQ defence PSU said it inked the MoU with Defense Initiatives, Belarus, and Defense Initiatives Aero Pvt Ltd India in the presence of Joint Secretary and senior IAF officials.
- The MoU is aimed at cooperation between the three companies for supply of ADS for IAF helicopters.
- In a statement, BEL said it would be the prime contractor and supported by DI with transfer of technology (manufacturing and maintenance) for supply of advanced electronic warfare suite for helicopters under ‘Make in India’ category.
- The partnership has evolved under the guidance of Additional Secretary, Department of Defence Production, Sanjay Jaju and Indo Belarusian Joint Commission on Military Cooperation.
Bharat Electronics LTD.
- Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian Government-owned aerospace and defence electronics company. It primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for ground and aerospace applications. BEL is one of nine PSUs under the Ministry of Defence of India.
NCC Cadets To Get Bonus Points In Agnipath Scheme: Director-General NCC
- Agnipath scheme, its Director General Lieutenant General Gurbirpal Singh said here on Friday. Speaking at the convocation ceremony of NCC NSE 0.00 % women officers, he also said this new scheme for recruitment of soldiers into three armed forces would be explained to the NCC cadets by its officers to ensure that youths join the services in large numbers.
- Singh received the salute of women NCC officers at the NCC Officers’ Training Academy. A total of 112 women from different parts of India turned NCC officers after three months of training at the academy here.
- Talking to reporters later, Lt Gen Singh said, “Women cadets have been in NCC since 1950 and they have done a remarkable work…Recently, Agnipath was launched for recruitment into the army. NCC officers would share more information on it and explain it at length to the cadets.”
- “NCC cadets with A, B and C certificates will get bonus points in Agnipath,” he said.
- The Agnipath scheme, announced on June 14, provides for the recruitment of youths between the age bracket of 17-and-half years to 21 for only four years with a provision to retain 25 per cent of them for 15 more years. Later the government extended the upper age limit to 23 years for recruitment in 2022.
- The personnel to be recruited under the new scheme will be known as ‘Agniveers’.
US Provides USD 450 Million Drawdown of New US Military Aid For Ukraine
- US has authorized another drawdown of arms and equipment from US Department of Defense inventories for Ukraine’s defense, State Department.
- This authorization will bring total US security assistance to Ukraine to more than USD 6.1 billion since Russia launched the war of Ukraine on February 24.
- Capabilities in this package include:
- Four High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems;
- 36,000 rounds of 105mm ammunition;
- 18 tactical vehicles to tow 155mm artillery;
- 1,200 grenade launchers;
- 2,000 machine guns;
- 18 coastal and riverine patrol boats;
- Spare parts and other equipment.
- The United States has now committed approximately $6.8 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration, including approximately $6.1 billion since the beginning of Russia’s unprovoked invasion on February 24. Since 2014, the United States has committed more than $8.7 billion in security assistance to Ukraine.
- Akash Prime Is A
- Air Defecne Missile System
- Sniper Rifle
- IRBM Stands For
- Intermediate Resource Ballistic Missile
- Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile
- Intermediate Range of Ballistic Missile
- Intermediated Range Ballistic Missile
- Southern Army Command Headquarters Is in
- HEAT Also Known As Abhyas Stands For
- High-speed Expendable Aerial Temperature
- High-speed Expendable Air Target
- High-speed Extra Aerial Target
- High-speed Expendable Aerial Target
- BEL HQ Is In
- New Delhi
- Major Rank Of Indian Army Is Equivalent To Which Rank Of The Indian Navy?
- Lt Commander
- Training Command of IAF is located at
- New Delhi
- Which Nation Is A New Member Of SCO?
- War Cry of ASSAM REGIMENT
- Parakramo Vijayate
- Rhino Charge
- Jai Bajrangbali
- Duty, Honour, courage
- __Is India’s 3rd Highest Military Decoration Award.
- Veer Chakra
- Kirti Chakra
- Lt Gen Upendra Dwivedi Is The GOC In Chief Of
- Northern Command
- Western Command
- Southern Command
- Central Command
- Colonel Rank of Indian Army Is Equivalent To Rank Of Indian Navy Is
- Group Captain
- War Cry of NAGA REGIMENT
- Bharat Mata ki Jai
- Ki ki so so Lhargyalo
- Jai Durga Naga
- Durga Mata Ki Jai
- Regimental Centre Of The Rajput Regiment Is In
- Fatehgarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Awantipora, J&K.
- Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
- National Cadet Corps Was Established In
- July 16, 1948
- July 16, 1958
- July 26, 1968
- July 26, 1988
- Ex ‘Ekuverin’ conducted b/w India &
- Mitra Shakti Ex Held B/w India &
- Sri Lanka
- From Which Country Has India Purchased Its Apache Helicopters?
- World’s Highest Motorable Road Is In
- Himachal Pradesh
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC) HQ, is at___
- New Delhi
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]