DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 3rd September 2021
Chandigarh Railway Station awarded 5-Star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification by FSSAI
- Indian Railways’ Chandigarh Railway Station has been awarded a 5- star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers.
- This certification is granted by FSSAI to railway stations adhering to standard food storage and hygiene practices.
- The ‘Eat Right Station’ certification is awarded by FSSAI to railway stations that set benchmarks in providing safe and wholesome food to passengers.
- The station is awarded a certificate upon a conclusion of an FSSAI-empaneled third-party audit agency with ratings from 1 to 5.
- The 5-star rating indicates exemplary efforts by stations to ensure safe and hygienic food is available to passengers.
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement– a large-scale effort by FSSAI to transform the country’s food system to ensure safe, healthy, and sustainable food for all Indians.
- Eat Right India adopts a judicious mix of regulatory, capacity building, collaborative, and empowerment approaches to ensure that our food is suitable both for the people and the planet.
- Chandigarh Railway Station becomes the fifth station in India to get this recognition.
- The other railway stations with this certification include Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station; (Delhi), Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus; (Mumbai), Mumbai Central Railway Station; (Mumbai) and Vadodara Railway Station.
India’s Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses 66 Cr landmark
- More than 81 Lakh doses administered in the last 24 hours
- Recovery Rate currently at 97.48%
- 47,092New Cases reported in the last 24 hours
- India’s Active Caseload (3,89,583) is 1.19% of Total Cases
- Weekly Positivity Rate (2.62%) less than 3% for last 69 days
- This has been achieved through 69,60,983sessions
Shikshak Parv 2021
- In recognition of valuable contributions of our teachers and to take New Education Policy (NEP) 2020 a step forward the Department of School Education & Literacy has decided to celebrate Shikshak Parv-2021.
- Shikshak Parv 2021 will commence from 5th September 2021 till 17th September through virtual mode.
- There shall be webinars held across, PM to address the teacher’s community and President shall confer “National Award to Teachers”.
- GOI has also started vaccination drive to vaccinate more than 2 crore teachers.
World Coconut Day Celebrated
- Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare celebrated World Coconut Day (2nd Sept) to commemorate the foundation day of the International Coconut Community (ICC), an intergovernmental organization of coconut producing countries under the aegis of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP).
- The theme for the 23rd World Coconut Day celebrations this year is “Building a safe, inclusive resilient and sustainable coconut community amid Covid-19 pandemic and beyond”.
- Coconut Development Board celebrates Coconut Day every year to create increased awareness on the importance of coconut and focus national and international attention on coconut sector.
- The production of coconut in the country stood at 21207 million nuts during 2020-21, which is 34% of the global production. The productivity is 9687 nuts per hectare, which is the highest in the world. New coconut products and industries are growing, due to which farmers are getting employment.
UNSC Resolution 2593
- India-led United Nations Security Council (UNSC) adopted a Resolution 2593 on Taliban.
- The resolution, sponsored by France, UK, and the US, was adopted with 13 members, including India, voting in favor, none against it.
- Two permanent and veto-wielding members Russia and China abstained.
- The adoption of the resolution is a strong signal from the Security Council and the international community on its expectations in respect of Afghanistan.
- Reiterates the importance of combating terrorism in Afghanistan, including those individuals and entities designated pursuant to resolution 1267 (1999)
- Called for the Taliban to facilitate safe passage for people wanting to leave Afghanistan, allow humanitarians to access the country, uphold human rights, including for women and children and inclusive and negotiated political settlement.
India on Track of Sharp Economic Recovery
- National Statistical Office data has revealed that the Indian economy grew at a record pace of 20.1% in April-June 2021, as compared to the corresponding period last year.
- Last year, Gross domestic product (GDP) contracted 24.4% in the same period, when the national lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic had nearly halted all economic activities.
World Social Protection Report: 2020-2022
- International Labour Organization report titled ‘World Social Protection Report 2020–22’ has revealed that, globally 4.1 billion people are living without any social safety net of any kind.
- The report highlighted that the pandemic response was uneven and insufficient. Thereby, Covid-19 has further underscored the critical importance of achieving universal social protection.
- ILO is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It is the only tripartite UN agency. It brings together governments, employers, and workers of 187 member States, to set labour standards, develop policies and devise Programmes promoting decent work for all women and men.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) was formed in
- Current Chairperson of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is
- Rita Teaotia
- Arun Singhal
- Mansukh Mandaviya
- Piyush Goyal
- Which of the following is not true about Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- He was 2nd President of India
- He was 1st Vice President of India
- He received Bharath Ratna in 1964
- He was born in a Telugu-speaking Family
- Who among the following was not the first recipients of the Bharat Ratna in 1954
- C. Rajagopalachari
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- C. V. Raman
- Dr. Zakir Hussain
- Coconut Development Board (CDB) – a statutory body under the
- Ministry of agriculture
- Ministry of Small & Medium Enterprises
- Ministry of Commerce
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Coconut Development Board was established in _____ with HQ at ______.
- 1981, Kochi
- 1988, Vijayawada
- 1990, Chennai
- 1995, Khazikode
- The UNSC Chair for September 2021 is
- When would India again Chair the UNSC for its membership 2021-2022
- Jan 2022
- March 2022
- Sept 2022
- Dec 2022
- International Labour Organization was awarded Noble Peace Prize in
- Current Director-General of ILO
- Guy Ryder
- Tedros Adhanom
- Qu Dongyu
- Achim Steiner