In Current Affairs for 06 December 2023, we will see the latest national and international current affairs news. These important current affairs will be beneficial for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article. Let us now see the Current Affairs.
Current Affairs 06 December 2023
COP-28 For Afforestation Efforts
- Bihar’s afforestation efforts, especially through the Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan, earn international acclaim at COP-28 in Dubai, during the United Nations Climate Change Conference.
- During a dedicated session on “Building Climate Resilience” at the Indian Pavilion, Ms. Preyashi and Mr. Singh delivered a detailed presentation titled “Afforestation Activities in Bihar to Combat Climate Change.”
- Ms. Preyashi highlighted the larger policy framework and inter-departmental coordination under Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan.
- She emphasized Bihar’s holistic approach, stating, “The ‘Jal-Jeevan Hariyali Abhiyan’ initiated in 2019 reflects the inherent interconnectedness between water management, vegetation coverage, and the existence of life.
- With an 11-pronged strategy involving 15 government departments, the programme showcases a promising way to mitigate the adverse impacts of climate change.”
World Boxing Championship
- IBA Junior World Boxing Championship 2023, India today bagged three gold, five silver and one bronze medals in Yerevan, Armenia.
- Akansha won gold in 70 kg category, Pari clinched gold medal in 48 kg weight category, while Nisha won gold in 52 kg category. In 52 kg weight category, Vini won silver medal, while Srishti Sathe won silver medal in 63 kg weight category.
- In the boys’ category, Jatin won the silver medal in the 54 kg category.
- While Hardik Panwar in 80 kg category, Ameesha Kereta in the 54 kg category and Prachi Tokas in the 80 kg weight category had to settle for silver medals.
Join AFCAT 1 2024 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
Join CDS 1 2024 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
Join NDA 1 2024 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Indian para archer Sheetal Devi emerged victorious at the fourth edition of the Asian Awards in Riyadh securing the prestigious title of Best Youth Athlete.
- The Asian Awards, organized by the Asian Paralympic Committee, is a ceremony dedicated to honoring outstanding achievements of Asian para athletes and officials.
- Devi’s remarkable performance at the Hangzhou 2022 Asian Para Games in October played a pivotal role in earning her the coveted award.
- The 16-year-old para archer clinched gold in both the individual and team compound events, further adding a silver medal in the compound doubles category to her impressive tally.
ISRO Moves Chandrayaan Orbiter From Moon To Earth
- Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO has successfully moved the Chandrayaan orbiter, also known as Propulsion Module, from Moon to Earth.
- ISRO had achieved the historic touchdown of Vikram lander and roll out of Pragyan rover over the lunar surface near the south pole on August 23rd.
- After over one month of operations in lunar orbit, the Propulsion module had fuel of over 100 kgs.
- ISRO decided to use the available fuel to derive additional information for future lunar missions and successfully brought the module to an orbit around Earth.
- The SHAPE payload on the Module will be now used for Earth observation.
Jimmy George Foundation Award
- In a celebration of athletic excellence, Olympian M. Sreeshankar has been honored with the prestigious 35th Jimmy George Foundation Award for emerging as the best sportsperson of Kerala.
- This recognition comes as a testament to Sreeshankar’s outstanding achievements, including securing the long jump silver medal in both the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.
- M. Sreeshankar’s triumph in being named the best sportsperson of Kerala in the 35th Jimmy George Foundation Award is a testament to his dedication, skill, and consistent excellence in the field of athletics.
- As he adds this prestigious accolade to his list of achievements, it not only recognizes his personal success but also serves as an inspiration for aspiring athletes across the state and the nation.
- The Jimmy George Foundation Award, now in its 35th edition, is a distinguished accolade in Kerala’s sporting community.
- The award comprises a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a plaque, symbolizing the recognition of exceptional contributions to the field of sports.
- The award committee, headed by Jose George and including Jimmy George’s brothers Robert Bobby, Sebastian, Stanley, and Olympian Anju Bobby George, played a crucial role in selecting the deserving recipient.
PMAY-U Logo on Houses
- In a significant move towards transparency and accountability, the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has mandated the display of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) logo and beneficiary details on all houses constructed under the scheme.
- The directive applies to all States and Union Territories, aiming to streamline the implementation of the flagship mission of the Government of India.
- The Ministry has emphasized that the display of the PMAY-U logo should be standardized, and agencies are strictly advised not to modify it in any manner during the implementation process.
- This announcement was made by Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs, Kaushal Kishore, in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.
- This move not only establishes a standardized visual identity but also reinforces the government’s commitment to providing dignified housing for all. As PMAY-U continues to make strides in addressing urban housing shortages, this directive adds an extra layer of visibility to the transformative impact of the mission on the lives of beneficiaries.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, launched on June 25, 2015, is a flagship mission with the primary goal of addressing the urban housing shortage among the less privileged.
- The mission aims to ensure housing for all eligible urban households. Implemented through four verticals – Beneficiary Led Construction (BLC), Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP), In-Situ Slum Redevelopment (ISSR), and Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) – PMAY-U adopts a multi-faceted approach to meet the diverse housing needs of urban communities.
William Samoei Ruto
- President of Kenya, William Samoei Ruto arrived in New Delhi yesterday on a three day visit to India. He is accompanied by a high-level official delegation.
- This is President Ruto’s first visit to India in his present capacity. He will be accorded a ceremonial welcome at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- President Ruto will hold detailed discussions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He will meet President Droupadi Murmu in the evening. A State Banquet will be hosted by President Murmu in honour of the visiting dignitary.
- The Kenyan President will also participate in a business and investment event in New Delhi.
- A Presidential visit from Kenya is taking place after a period of over six years. The visit is expected to strengthen and invigorate the bilateral relations between the two countries.
Cooperation for Hajj
- Minority Affairs Minister Smriti Irani held productive discussions with Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Hajj and Umrah, Tawfig bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah on deepening cooperation for Hajj.
- Addressing media in New Delhi, Ms Irani said both nations have agreed to continue to work together to make the Hajj process as convenient and as seamless as possible with best provision of services for all Hajj pilgrims.
- She highlighted that India is deeply appreciative of the help that it has received from Saudi Arabia for extending cooperation for the smooth conduct of Hajj, particularly in Hajj 2023 where close to 47 percent of Indian pilgrims were women.
- The Minister stressed that government is committed to making Hajj inclusive and accessible towards all segments of society, specially women and Divyangjan. Hajj Policy for 2024 has already been announced by government and applications for pilgrims have already been invited.
- In his statement, Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Hajj and Umrah said his nation is dedicated to facilitating religious pilgrimage. He said Saudi Arabia has effectively transformed Umrah to a rewarding religious expedition by utilising technological advancements, enhanced measures and upgraded infrastructure.
Asian Ranger Forum
- The 1st Asian Ranger Forum began in Guwahati with the aim to provide a unique opportunity to the rangers and organisations from the Asian region to collaborate on the issues affecting rangers globally and to provide solutions.
- Addressing at the event, Mr Mungantiwar said that Rangers are the true guardians of Asia’s natural heritage and without them the ambitious 30×30 target of the Global Biodiversity Framework would be challenging.
- Mr. Mungantiwar also highlighted Maharashtra’s efforts of increased compensation on man-animal conflict and the 50 crore rupees plantation programme in the state.
- The increase of one degree temperature is creating an imbalance in the whole world and for this reason we need to protect our environment.
- He also informed about Assam Government’s emphasis on using technology like drones, GPS, for protection of Wildlife, habitat management, deforestation and restoration of degraded areas.
- The theme of the forum is “Asia’s biodiversity guardians for 30X30”. The forum focuses on Protected and Conserved Areas, the workforce needed to manage those areas and the role of indigenous people and local communities in doing that. The 1st Asian Ranger Forum will conclude on 8th December.
- The ‘Exploring Womanhood Foundation Van Durga Conservation Award 2023’ was presented to women rangers, Smt. Heena Patel of Gujarat, Smt. Martina Sangma of Meghalaya and Deepika Vashisht of Rajasthan.
- One special award was also presented to the spouse of a ranger from Maharashtra for their extraordinary contributions towards the conservation of biodiversity.
Seed Fund Scheme for Space Tech Start-ups
- The Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) has introduced a seed fund scheme aimed at supporting start-ups engaged in the fields of urban development and disaster management through the utilization of space technology.
- Additionally, start-ups will receive ISRO facility support, mentorship, and access to data algorithms, including Earth Observation (EO) data for validation.
- The scheme includes financial assistance of up to Rs 1 crore, along with training, networking opportunities, and mentorship support.
- ISRO Facility Support: Selected start-ups will benefit from ISRO facility support, including Earth Observation (EO) data for concept validation.
- Mentorship Support: The scheme provides mentorship support to guide start-ups through the development process.
- Data Algorithm Access: Start-ups will have access to data algorithms as a technology transfer from the Department of Science (DoS).
- IN-SPACe’s Role: IN-SPACe, as the nodal agency in DoS, plays a crucial role in promoting, enabling, authorizing, and supervising space activities of Non-Government Entities (NGEs).
- Graduation Opportunities: The scheme aims to provide opportunities for NGEs leveraging space technology for societal benefits to advance to the next level.
Current Affairs 06 December 2023 Questions
- Jal- Jeevan Hariyali Abhiyan Is Project Of
- Who Is Named As Best Youth Athlete In Asian Awards Organized By Asian Paralympic Committee
A. Nishad Kumar
B. Yogesh Kathuniya
C. Avani Lekhara
D. Sheetal Devi
- Sheetal Devi Seen In News Relates To
B. High Jump
D. Discus Throw
- What Is The Primary Objective Of Chandrayaan 3
A. Search For The Possibility Of Human Settlement On The Moon
B. To Study The Moon’s Atmosphere And Temperature
C. To Look For Water Residues On The Moon’s Surface
D. To Make A Soft Landing On The South Pole Region Of The Moon
- Who Is Known As The Rocket Women Of Chandrayaan 3
A. Ritu Karidhal
B. Kalpana Kalahasti
C. Nandini Harinath
D. Tessy Thomas
- What Is Shiv Shakti Point On Moon
A. Location Where Vikram Had Collapsed In Chandrayaan 2 Mission
B. Landing Site Of Chandrayaan 3
C. Point Where Chandrayaan 3 Rover, Pragyan Had Been Parked
D. All Of The Above
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Is Scheme Of
A. Ministry Of Housing & Urban Affairs
B. Ministry Of Rural Development
C. Ministry Oh Home Affairs
D. Ministry Of Earth Sciences
- Jimmy George Foundation Award Is Given by Which State
A. Tamil Nadu
D. Himachal Pradesh
- M. Sreeshankar Relates To Which Sport
B. High Jump
C. Long Jump
- William Samoei Ruto Is President Of
- Asian Ranger Forum Held In
- Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism Or CBAM Is A Policy Of
A. World Bank
B. European Union
C. United Nations Environment Programme
D. United States Government
- Which Of The Following Is NOT A Special Category State
- Which Country Recently Decided To Deploy Shadow R1 Drones As Surveillance Aircrafts Over Israel And Gaza
- “Panchamrit” Pledge Is Related To
A. Poverty Eradication
B. Infrastructure Development
C. Combating Climate Change
D. Regional Defence & Security
- Second Thomas Shoal, In News Is Located In Which Sea
A. Red Sea
B. Mediterranean Sea
C. South China Sea
D. Andaman Sea
- What Name Given To Tiny, Self-assembling Robots Made From Human Cells By
- Deadly Sattari Landslides In July 2021 Happened In Which State
- IBA Junior World Boxing Championship Held In
D. Saudi Arabia
- The Use Of Kharoshti In Ancient Indian Architecture Is The Result Of India’s
A. Central Asia
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]