What is India Energy Modeling Forum?
- The IEMF seeks to provide a platform for policy makers to study important energy and environmental issues and ensure induction of modelling and analysis in informed decision-making process.
- Niti Aayog recently announced governing structure of India energy modelling forum.
- The forum and its governing structure are being established under US India strategic energy partnership.
- The Forum aims to improve cooperation and coordination between modeling teams, the GoI, knowledge partners and think-tanks.
- The Forum aims to:
- Provide a platform to examine important energy and environmental related issues.
- Inform decision-making process to the Indian government.
- Improve cooperation between modelling teams, government, and knowledge partners, funders.
- Facilitate exchange of ideas, ensure production of high-quality studies.
- Identify knowledge gaps at different levels and across different areas.
- Build capacity of Indian institutions.
- The Energy Modelling Forum (EMF) in USA was established in 1976 at Stanford University to connect leading modelling experts and decision makers from government, industry, universities, and other research organizations.
- The forum provides an unbiased platform to discuss the contemporary issues revolving around energy and environment.
World Economic Outlook
- Recently, World Economic Outlook released by IMF International Monetary Fund.
- India’s economy is expected to contract 10.3% in the current fiscal year as the country and the world reel from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The projection for India is a downgrade of 5.8 percentage points from its June forecast.
- India is expected to rebound in the fiscal year beginning in April 2021 with 8.8% growth — an upgrade of 2.8 percentage points relative to the June update.
- For the world as a whole, the 2020 growth projection has been revised upwards by 0.8 percentage points relative to June.
- After 2021, global growth is expected to ease off at 3.5% in the medium term.
- International Monetary Fund
- IMF Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- IMF Managing Director and Chairman: Kristalina Georgieva.
- IMF Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath.
Gujarat Disturbed Area Act (Amendment) bill, 2020
- The President has given his assent to a Bill passed by the Gujarat Assembly in 2019,
- The bill made some amendments to the ‘Gujarat Prohibition of Transfer of Immovable Property and Provisions of Tenants from Eviction from Premises in Disturbed Areas Act, 1991’ – popularly known as the ‘Disturbed Areas (DA) Act’..
- Under the Disturbed Areas Act, a district Collector can notify a particular area of a city or town as a “disturbed area”. This notification is generally done based on the history of communal riots in the area.
- Objective of the act is to check on elements that cause demographic imbalance and to stop polarisation.
- Bans sale of property by members of one religious’ community to those from another community without the prior approval of the district collector
Regional Raw Drug Repository for AYUSH Systems
- Union Minister for AYUSH inaugurated the Regional Raw Drug Repository (RRDR) for ASU&H Medicine (Southern Plateau Region) at National Institute of Siddha.
- RRDRs are important components of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission, which plays an important role in medicinal plants cultivation.
- The repository will play a major role in collection, demonstration and documentation of raw drugs from Southern Plateau region.
- It will establish standard protocols for authentication of raw drugs.
15 October: World Students Day
- The United Nations had declared in 2010 as World Students’ Day on 15 October.
- Which is the birth anniversary of the Missile Man of India Dr. Abdul Kalam.
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s role in teaching and his dedication.
- Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India (2002-2007).
15 October: Global Handwashing Day
- Global Handwashing Day is an international handwashing promotion campaign to motivate and mobilize people around the world to improve their handwashing habits.
- The theme of Global Handwashing Day 2020 is “Hand Hygiene for All”.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
World Economic Outlook is released by:
- World Bank
- International Monetary Fund
- United Nations
Answer – C
Headquarter of IMF is at:
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
Answer – A
World Students Day is observed on:
- 3 October
- 12 October
- 13 October
- 15 October
Answer – D
World Students Day is observed on the birth anniversary of:
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan
- Dr. Abdul Kalam
- None of the above
Answer – C
Question of the Day
What is Operation Green? Answer in next session