Dr. Harsh Vardhan participates in the 73rd World Health Assembly through VC
- Expressed condolences for the deaths all across the globe due to COVID19 pandemic.
- Expressed gratitude for getting the opportunity to address the World Health Assembly
- The World Health Assembly is the decision-making body of WHO.
- It is attended by delegations from all WHO Member States and focuses on a specific health agenda prepared by the Executive Board.
- The main functions of the World Health Assembly are to determine the policies of the Organization, appoint the Director-General, supervise financial policies, and review and approve the proposed programme budget.
- The Health Assembly is held annually in Geneva, Switzerland.
ICMR revises viral testing strategy
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Monday released a revised COVID19 testing strategy, which includes testing of all individuals with symptomatic influenza like illness with an international travel history in last 14 days.
- New Categories included are :
- The frontline workers involved in containment and mitigation of COVlD19, all hospitalised patients who develop ILI symptoms and all returnee and migrants with such symptoms within 7 days of illness.
- Asymptomatic direct and high risk contacts of a confirmed cases to be tested once between day 5 and day 10 of coming into contact.
J&K defines rules for Domicile Certificates
- The ‘J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate Rules 2020’ will provide the basis for issuing domicile certificates to those who meet the conditions as stated in the Centre’s gazette notification.
- On march 31, the centre had issued the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Order 2020, under which it defined domicile as any person “who has resided for a period of 15 years in the UT of J&K or has studied for a period of seven years and appeared 10th/12th examination in an educational institution located in UT of J&K”
IMF Chief’s forecast for global economy
- Full global recovery is unlikely in 2021
- Likely to downgrade the global GDP by 3 percent in 2020 but did not give any detail regarding that.
- The data from all across the globe and the countries are worse than what was expected making It unlikely to recover even by 2021
Super Cyclonic Storm ‘AMPHAN’: Updates
- Heavy Rainfall warnings: Odisha, West Bengal, Meghalaya and Assam along with Sub Himalayan and Sikkim region.
- High Speed winds: Odisha and West Bengal likely to face wind speeds of up to 195 kmph & Sea conditions: Will remain phenomenal for 24 hours
- Warnings to fishermen & Storm Surge: Sea tides more than 4-6 metres higher than astronomical tidal waves.
COVID19 current update in India
- Where the meeting of World Health Assembly annually is held?
- Who is the Managing Director of IMF?Kristalina GeorgievaGita GopinathTheresa May None