What is a Fold mountain?
- Fold mountains are mountains that form mainly by two or more of tectonic plates when are pushed together Earth’s crust.
- These forces act at tangent to the surface of the earth and are primarily a result of plate tectonics.
BHARAT AIRFIBER, A Last Mile Telecom Connectivity Solution Based On Radio Network
- Shri. Sanjay Dhotre, Union Minister of State for HRD, Electronics, Communication, and IT GOI, inaugurated. The Bharat Air Fibre services are introduced by BSNL as part of digital India initiates by the GOI.
- It aims of providing Wireless Connectivity in the range of 20 KMs from the BSNL Locations and thus customers at remote places also will be benefitted by cheapest services with support of Telecom Infrastructure Partners
- These Bharat Air Fibre services opens new way of fastest Wireless internet connectivity as well Voice services in reasonable cost.
- BSNL provides Bharat Air Fibre connectivity upto 100 Mbps speed.
- BSNL appeals to all residents of Akola & Washim District to avail these quality & most affordable services.
Khadi Agarbatti Atmanirbhar Mission
- Union Minister for MSME, Shri Nitin Gadkari has approved a unique employment generation program proposed by Khadi & Village Industries Commission to make India Atmanirbhar in Agarbatti production.
- Aims at creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country while increasing domestic Agarbatti production substantially.
- The scheme designed by KVIC on PPP mode is unique in the sense that in a very less investment, it will create sustainable employment and help private Agarbatti manufacturers to scale up Agarbatti production without any capital investment by them. KVIC will provide Automatic Agarbatti making machines and powder mixing machines to the artisans through the successful private Agarbatti manufacturers who will sign the agreement as business partners.
- KVIC has decided to procure only locally made machines by Indian manufacturers which also aims at encouraging local production.
- KVIC will provide 25% subsidy on the cost of the machines and will recover the remaining 75% of the cost from the artisans in easy installments every month.
- The business partner will provide the raw material to the artisans for making Agarbatti and will pay them wages on job work basis.
- Cost of artisans’ training will be shared between KVIC and the private business.
- The current consumption of Agarbatti in the country is approximately 1490 MT per day; however, India’s per day production of Agarbatti is just 760 MT.
Nonsurgical Prevention Of Cataract
- Cataract: Cataract a major form of blindness that occurs when the structure of crystallin proteins that make up the lens in our eyes deteriorates, causing damaged or disorganised proteins to aggregate and form a milky blue or brown layer, which ultimately affects lens transparency.
- A team of scientists from the Institute of Nano Science & Technology (INST) an autonomous institute under the DST, G.o.I, has developed nanorods from the Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug (NSAID) Aspirin, a popular medication used to reduce pain, fever, or inflammation and found it to be an effective non–invasive small molecule-based nanotherapeutics against cataract.
- The delivery of the aspirin nanorods as eye drops is going to serve as an effective and viable option to treat cataract non-invasively.
- This easy to use and low-cost alternative nonsurgical treatment method will benefit patients in developing countries who cannot access expensive cataract treatments and surgeries.
Highest Ever Single Day Covid-19 Recoveries
- A staggering more than 51,000 recoveries were registered in India in the last 24 hours. With 51,225 patients cured and discharged, India’s total recoveries from COVID-19 have touched 11,45,629. With the highest ever single day increase in recovered patients in the last 24 hours, the recovery rate has seen a high of 65.44%. This means that more and more COVID-19 patients are getting cured and discharged.
Swachh Bharat Mission Moves Towards 2nd Phase
- The Swachh Bharat mission has focused on rural and urban areas separately and played a crucial role in ensuring sanitation in the country.
- Since the launch of the mission in 2014, more than 10 crore individual toilets have been constructed across the country and as a result, rural areas in all the States have declared themselves Open Defecation Free ODF on 2nd October 2019.
- To ensure that the ODF behaviour are sustained, no one is left behind, and that solid and liquid waste management facilities are accessible, the SBM (Rural) has moved towards its 2nd phase which is also called ODF-Plus.
- This phase will continue till 2024-25. The Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) has also made remarkable progress in the area of both sanitation and solid waste management.
- Over 4,324 Urban Local Bodies have been declared ODF in the country so far. More than 66 lakh individual household toilets and over 6 lakh community and public toilets have also been constructed or are under construction.
- In the area of solid waste management, 96 per cent of wards have 100 per cent door-to door collection while 66 per cent of the total waste generated is being processed.
India’s current production of Agarbatti is at?
- 40 MT
- 760 MT
- 750 MT
- 660 MT
Answer – B
Scientists from INST has recently developed nonsurgical medicine for?
- Night Blindness
Answer – B
Bharat Air Fibre will be provided by?
Answer – B
Question of the Day
What are basic factual details about KVIC?
Answer in next session…