What is Silk Samagra Scheme?
- It is a Central Sector Scheme.
- Launched for a period of three years i.e 2017-2020.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Central Silk Board (CSB)
- It focuses on improving the quality and productivity of domestic silk thereby reducing the country’s dependence on imported silk.
- It comprises the following four components:
- Research & Development, Training, Transfer of Technology and I.T. Initiatives
- Seed Organizations
- Coordination and Market Development, and
- Quality Certification Systems (QCS)/Export Brand Promotion and Technology Up-gradation.
- In a major step toward adopting alternative clean fuel for transportation, The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has allowed use of H-CNG (18% mix of hydrogen) in CNG engines.
- The Ministry has been notifying various alternate fuels under Clean Fuels for transportation.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has also developed specifications of Hydrogen enriched Compressed Natural Gas (H-CNG) for automotive purposes, as a fuel.
- What is HCNG?
- The blending of hydrogen with CNG provides a blended gas termed as HCNG.
- It can be used in place of gasoline, diesel fuel and propane (C3H8) / LPG and its combustion produces fewer undesirable gases.
RBI extends enhanced borrowing limit for banks under MSF
- The RBI, had increased the borrowing limit for scheduled banks under the marginal standing facility (MSF) scheme from 2 per cent to 3 per cent of their Net Demand and Time Liabilities (NDTL).
- It is a temporary measure.
- The facility was later extended due to economic disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown.
- Reserve Bank has decided to extend by six months
- What is MSF?
- It is a window for Scheduled Commercial Banks to borrow from the Reserve Bank of India in an emergency situation when interbank liquidity dries up completely.
- Launched by RBI while reforming the monetary policy in 2011-12.
- The MSF rate currently stands at 4.25 per cent.
EPF scheme certificate available on UMANG App
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has started a facility on the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) App.
- EPFO has now started facility enabling EPS members to apply for Scheme Certificate under Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995.
- EPS scheme makes provisions for pensions for the employees in the organised sector after the retirement at the age of 58 years.
- About UMANG:
- Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD)
- Aim: To drive Mobile Governance in India.
- EFP scheme certificate available on UMANG App
- UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
Appointment: Chairmen of TRAI
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed senior IAS officer PD Vaghela as the new Chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- He will be succeeding RS Sharma who was at the helm of the sector regulator for a period of five years.
- Usually, the TRAI chairman is appointed for a term of three years.
- PD Vaghela is counted among the key officers who played a significant role in the rollout of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), in 2017.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- Established by an Act of Parliament (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997)
- Aim: To regulate telecom services, including fixation/revision of tariffs for telecom services.
30 September: International Translation Day
- The World Translation Day is marked by the United Nations to pay tribute to the language professionals.
- It helps in promoting cultural heritage and mutual respect in our changing world.
- Theme: Finding the words for a world in crisis.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Which ministry has allowed use of H-CNG (18% mix of hydrogen) in CNG engines?
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- The Ministry of Railways
- The Ministry of Petroleum
- None of the above
Answer – A
Why RBI extended enhanced borrowing limit for banks under MSF?
- Due to loss faced by Banks
- To bring liquidity in the Market
- Due to COVID – 19 and losses due to lockdown
- None of the Above
Answer – C
Who has been appointed as the Chairmen of TRAI?
- PD Vaghela
- RS Sharma
- Sameer Khare
- Rajesh Khullar
Answer – A
International Translation Day is observed on:
- 28 September
- 30 September
- 27 September
- 26 September
Answer – B
Question of the Day
What are the key provisions of the Social Security Code 2020?
Answer in next session…