Today’s 21st September 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 21 September 2022
Next Year’s Army Day Parade To Be Held Outside Delhi
- The Army Day Parade, held traditionally in Delhi, will be shifted to a place under the jurisdiction of the force’s Southern Command next year.
- Army Day is observed annually to mark Field Marshall K M Cariappa taking over as the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army, replacing his British predecessor on January 15, 1949.
- The Army Day Parade, besides the annual Republic Day Parade on January 26, is one of the most prestigious events of the Indian Army. It is traditionally attended by the Army chief and other top officers.
- This comes after the annual Air Force Day flypast and parade on October 8 will be held in Chandigarh this year, instead of the traditional Hindon airbase on the outskirts of Delhi. While the parade will be at the Chandigarh Air Force station in the morning, the fly-past of fighters, aircraft and helicopters will be conducted over the famous Sukhna Lake in the afternoon. IAF was officially raised on October 8, 1932, with its first aircraft flight coming into being in April 1933 with six Royal Air Force-trained officers and 19 Havai Sepoys (air soldiers).
IAF Set To Retire Abhinandan Varthaman’s Mig-21 Squadron This Month
- The IAF is set to retire its Srinagar-based MiG-21 squadron ‘Sword Arms‘ that Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was a part of when he downed an F-16 combat aircraft of Pakistan a day after the Balakot strike in February 2019. ‘Sword Arms’ is one of its four remaining squadrons of ageing MiG-21 fighter jets.
- The No. 51 Squadron is to be retired by the end of September, “as per the plan”.
- The remaining three squadrons of MiG-21 will be phased out by 2025.
- The No. 51 Squadron or ‘Sword Arms’ is one of the decorated squadrons of the IAF, and it participated during Op Safed Sagar (Kargil conflict) in 1999.
- It was raised at Chandigarh in 1985. The crest of the squadron portrays a pair of muscular arms firmly clasping a sword, depicting the motto “Vijaya Prakrama” which means ‘Valour for Victory’.
- For more details read: IAF Set To Retire Abhinandan Varthaman’s MiG-21 Squadron Sword Arms On September 30
INS Ajay Decommissioned After 32 Years of Glorious Service
- INS Ajay was decommissioned on Monday after rendering 32 years of glorious service to the nation. The ceremony was conducted at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai in the traditional manner, wherein the national flag, naval ensign and the decommissioning pennant of the ship were lowered for the last time at sunset.
- The decommissioning ceremony’s chief guest was Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command. The guest of honour was Vice Admiral AG Thapliyal, AVSM Bar (Retd), who served as the ship’s first commanding officer.
- INS Ajay was commissioned on January 24, 1990, at Poti, Georgia in the erstwhile USSR and was part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the operational control of Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area.
- The ship, during its service period, was part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area. In the 32 years of the glorious service, the ship was posted on various critical deployments including Operation Talwar during the Kargil War in 1999 and Operation Parakram in 2001.
Rajnath Singh & His Egyptian Counterpart General Mohamed Zaki Hold Bilateral Talks In Cairo
- Rajnath Singh held bilateral talks with Egyptian Defence Minister General Mohamed Zaki in Cairo on September 19, 2022. Rajnath Singh, who is on an official visit to Egypt, was accorded a ceremonial Guard of Honour at the MOD in Cairo, prior to the commencement of bilateral talks.
- During the meeting, both sides discussed steps to strengthen defence ties and reached a consensus to enhance conduct of joint exercises and exchange of personnel for training, especially in the field of counterinsurgency.
- The two Ministers also agreed to identify proposals for expanding cooperation between the defence industries of India and Egypt in a time-bound manner. They also exchanged views on regional security and acknowledged the contribution of India and Egypt to peace & stability in the world.
- Rajnath Singh also invited his Egyptian counterpart to the India-Africa Defence Dialogue and IOR Defence Ministers’ Conclave, scheduled to be held as part of 12th DefExpo in Gandhinagar, Gujarat b/w October 18-22, 2022.
Indian War Vessel INS Tarkash Takes Part In Joint Maritime Exercise With Nigerian Navy
- Indian Navy warship INS Tarkash, which is currently mission, deployed in the Gulf of Guinea took part in a Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships on September 12-13.
- The Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships which participated in the naval exercise as a part of the deployment were NNS Kano, Osun, Sokoto and Nguru.
- Reinforcing the Indian Navy’s commitment to maritime security, INS Tarkash is currently mission-deployed in the Gulf of Guinea for anti-piracy operations.
- The exercise provided an opportunity to strengthen interoperability between the Indian and Nigerian navies in various facets of maritime operations like anti-piracy, assistance to vessels in distress, SAR drills, and anti-air and anti-surface operations. It also helped enhance skills for naval interdiction and counter-piracy operations.
- The exercise marked India and Nigeria’s first joint operational deployment in support of anti-piracy operations in the GoG.
- Earlier on July 29, INS Tarkash completed her Mediterranean deployment and entered the Atlantic to continue with her long-range voyage.
- According to the Indian Navy, the ship participated in a Maritime Partnership Exercise in the Atlantic with Royal Morocco Naval Ship Hassan 2, a Floreal Class Corvette on July 26.
Joint Exercise “Abhyas 2022”
- Indian Coast Guard – US Coast Guard Joint Exercise “Abhyas-01/22”.
- The four-day visit of USCG Cutter Midgett to Chennai on a goodwill visit has culminated. During the visit, USCG ship had professional exchanges on VBSS, Cross Deck visits, etc with Indian Coast Guard counterparts.
- The focus of the exercise was to familiarise the personnel of Coast Guards of both the nations with each other’s capabilities
- The objectives included strengthening working relationship between the forces of the two nations, enhancing inter-operability in the area of maritime search and rescue (SAR), boarding operations and other maritime law enforcement duties.
- The highlights are fleet manoeuvers, creating a scenario of hijacking of a vessel and subsequent rescue of its crew in a coordinated anti-piracy joint operation.
- Interdiction of pirated vessels coordinated joint boarding operation, SAR demonstration and external firefighting to salvage burning ships were the other highlights of the exercise.
- INS Tarkash Is A
- Which Sq. Of Mig 21 Will Be Decommissioned?
- Ex ‘Abhyas’ Conducted b/w
- ICG & USCG
- ICG & Indian Navy
- ICG & BSF
- Joint Exercises B/w The India And Brazil and South Africa Is Called:
- Yudha Abhyas
- Where Is The Hq Of The Northern Command of The Indian Army?
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre Is Located At
- RATS Stands For
- Regional Anti-Terrorist Student
- Regional Anti-Terror Structure
- Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure
- Regional Anti-Tourist Structure
- Raytheon Technologies Is A Company Of Which Nation
- None of the Above
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre – SDSC Operated By
- DRDO & NASA
- None of the above
- Ship-launched Version Of Prithvi-II Is Called
- INS Hansa
- MARCOS Motto Is
- The Few, The Fearless
- Always Brave
- Capital Of the Republic Of South Korea Is
- Kuala Lumpur
- World Economic Forum Hq Is In
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Lausanne, Switzerland
- The Hague, The Netherlands
- Gland, Switzerland
- Joint Exercises B/w India And Indonesia Is Called:
- Garuda Shakti
- Yudha Abhyas
- A Book Titled “The Struggle for Police Reforms in India” by
- V. P Khare
- Ajay Ahuja
- Prakash Singh
- None of the above
- Project 15B & P17A class Ships Made By
- Which of the following is the Subsonic cruise missile?
- Astra missile
- Maitri missile
- Air Force Academy Is At
- Dundigal, Telangana
- Ezhimala, Kerala
- Khadakwasla, Maharashtra
- Pune, M.H
- Which of the following is the correct sequence of the location of the seaports of India from South to North?
- Cochin, Thiruvananthapuram, Calicut, Mangalore
- Thiruvananthapuram, Calicut, Mangalore, Cochin
- Thiruvananthapuram, Cochin, Calicut, Mangalore
- Calicut, Thiruvananthapuram, Cochin, Mangalore
- Maintenance Command of The IAF Is In
- New Delhi
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]