In today’s 4 August 2022 Defence Current affairs and updates, we are going to see the latest defense-related updates on national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 04 August 2022
Lt Gen UV Talur Took Over As Commandant Of Army Air Defence College
- Lt Gen UV Talur took over as Commandant of Army Air Defence College, Gopalpur from Lt Gen Satinder Singh. He laid a wreath at Army Air Defence College War Memorial to pay tribute to Bravehearts on the occasion.
- The Army Air Defence College is the training academy for the Army Air Defence Corps of Indian Army. The college is located in the Gopalpur Military Station in Gopalpur, Odisha. It spreads over an area of 2700 acres of land.
- The primary objective of the academy is to impart technical and operational knowledge to the personnel of Indian Army posted to the Corps of Army Air Defence (AAD) about the air defence systems and anti-aircraft warfare. Besides the army personnel, the academy also trains personnel from navy, air force and officers from friendly foreign nations.
- The college is equipped with several types of simulators, coordinate remote viewers, working models, cut sections and actual parts of the different types of radars, guns, artillery, missile and air defence systems used by the corps. These include ZSU-23-4B “Shilka”, Tunguska Gun Missile System, L/70 Gun Systems, Zu 23 mm gun systems, 9K33 Osa and its variants and the ingeniously developed Akash surface-to-air missile. Besides these, the college holds a computer and electronic lab, combat simulator room and control complexes etc.
Ann Rose, Navy Officer’s Daughter To Join National Defence Academy
- Ann Rose Mathew hails from Kerala and is on the final selection list of the NDA the joint defence service training institution of the Indian Armed Forces.
- Ann Rose Mathew from Kochi was ranked 52nd overall (7th among female candidates). She received a call letter to join NDA at Khadakwasla on August 6.
- About 1.77 lakhs female candidates took part in the November 2021 exam, but only 19 were given to women (10 in the Army, 6 in the Air Force, and 3 in the Navy are selected in the final list). The final list was announced by UPSC on June 14th. 443 men made the list which features 51 girls.
- A native of Manantabadi and living in Kochi, Ann is the daughter of Naval Officer Commander Matthew, who is stationed at the Southern Naval Headquarters in Kochi. Her mother (later) Veena Matthew was a faculty member at Edapary’s Teacher Training Institute.
- She is in her first year of BTech at Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara. Matthew graduated from class XII in 2021 with 98.6% grades. She said it was her dream. Bina died of cancer in April.
Myanmar May Interest To Acquire Brahmos Cruise Missile
- According to information published by Tass on August 2, 2022, Myanmar might purchase Russian-Indian BrahMos supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles, which are being manufactured by the two countries’ joint venture BrahMos Aerospace, by borrowing money from the Indian government.
- BrahMos is a supersonic cruise missile manufactured by BrahMos Aerospace a joint Russian-Indian venture. The missile’s first test launch took place in 2001, and today its various versions are operated by the Indian Air Force, Navy, and Army.
- Myanmar is geopolitically significant to India as it stands at the center of the India-Southeast Asia geography.
- Myanmar is the only Southeast Asian country that shares a land border with northeastern India.
- Myanmar is the only country that sits at the intersection of India’s “Neighborhood First” policy and its “Act East” policy.
- As part of India’s SAGAR Vision, India developed the Sittwe port in Myanmar’s Rakhine state.
- The port is meant to be India’s answer to the Chinese-fronted Kyaukpyu port, which is intended to cement China’s geostrategic footprint in Rakhine.
India-US To Hold High-altitude Military Exercise Near LAC
- Amid rising tensions with China, India, and US will come together for two weeks of high-altitude military exercise in Uttarakhand’s Auli, less than 100 km from the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Central Sector.
- The Indo-US joint exercise is known as ‘Yudh Abhyas’ and it will be the 15th edition this year.
- Noting that the Chinese military’s infrastructure build-up under its Western Theatre Command — that looks after India — was “eye-opening and alarming”, US Army Pacific Commanding General Charles Flynn had in June said that the Indian and American Army will train together this year at 9,000-10,000 feet to increase interoperability for high-altitude warfare.
- The Eastern Command of the Army will organise a two-day seminar starting Thursday to refine its understanding of the Sino-India boundary dispute, the Chinese strategic thought process and military transformation. It will include talks and panel discussions by eminent subject matter experts, diplomats, academicians and senior military dignitaries. Lt Gen RP Kalita, Eastern Army Commander, will also participate.
Annual Hydrographic Conference
- Every year, the Annual Hydrographic Conference is held at National Hydrographic Office, Dehradun. During the Conference, operational tasking undertaken and challenges faced, survey tasks envisaged for the next season, personnel and training, aspects of technological advancements etc are discussed along with deliberations on the latest hydrographic standards, practice and policies.
- On the eve of the Conference, an interaction with Veteran Survey sailors was organised this year. A total of 56 Veterans attended the function along with Commanding Officers of IN ships and Officers-in-charge of Units. The function was hosted by Vice Admiral Adhir Arora, Chief Hydrographer to the Govt of India.
- Vice Admiral BR Rao (Retd), the erstwhile Chief Hydrographer, was the Chief Guest for this event. During the interaction, the magazine ‘Coordinates version 2.0 – Directory of Veterans of Indian Naval Hydrographic Department’ was also released which is a comprehensive compendium of Veteran Officers and Sailors of the Hydro cadre.
- NDA Academy Is Located At
- Who is the chairman of the National Command Authority of India?
- Cabinet Secretary
- Defence Minister
- Which is the longest-range missile in India?
- Agni III
- Agni I
- Agni V
- None of these
- A hypersonic speed cruise missile would travel at least ______the speed of sound.
- four times
- five times
- Three times
- None of these
- ‘No First Use Policy of Nuclear’ Is Related To Which Nation Policy?
- Annual Hydrographic Conference Held At
- None of the above
- Nancy Patricia Pelosi Is Serving As Speaker Of__.
- How Many Countries Are In BRICS?
- ‘Ex KOMODO’ Hosted By
- Hiroshima Day Observed Every Year
- 4 August
- 5 August
- 6 August
- None of the above
- India Meteorological Department Comes Under The Ministry Of__.
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of I&T
- INS Kumbhir Is A
- Landing Ship Tank
- Operational Range of Rudram-1 Is
- 150 km
- 250 km
- 350 km
- 450 km
- Which One Of The Following Countries Does Not Border With Lithuania?
- “Tiger of Drass: Capt. Anuj Nayyar, 23, Kargil Hero” Book Is Written By
- Rajesh Talwar
- Roger Faligot
- Mithilesh Tiwari
- Meena Nayyar & Himmat Singh Shekhawat
- Army Air Defence College Is In
- Gopalpur, Odisha
- Pune, M.H.
- Chennai, T.N.
- Who Assumes The Charge Of AAD?
- Lt Gen UV Talur
- Lt Gen Ramesh Bhatia
- Lt Gen R K Kumar
- Joint Exercises B/w The India And UK Is Called:
- Yudha Abhyas
- “Sarvatra Izzat-o-Iqbal” Is The Motto Of
- Dogra Scouts
- Sikkim Scouts
- Regiment Of Artillery
- None of the above
- Motto of IAF Is
- Rhino Charge
- Touch the sky with glory
- Savdhani Va Shoorta
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]