DRDO develops DRUVS to sanitize electronic gadgets, papers, currency notes
- Developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), DRDO Hyderabad.
- It provides 360-degree exposure of UVC to the objects placed inside the cabinet. Once the sanitization is done, the system goes in sleep mode hence the operator need not wait or stand near the device.
- The RCI has also developed an automated UVC currency sanitizing device, called NOTESCLEAN.
India, China face off along Sikkim border
- This happened in Sikkim at Naku La sector (ahead of Muguthang), a pass at a height of more than 5,000 metres.
- Four Indian soldiers and seven Chinese troops suffered injuries during the confrontation that involved around 150 soldiers.
Mission Sagar launched by Indian Navy
- INS Kesari, a 5600-tonne landing ship was dispatched with two medical teams and medical supplies to assist authorities in the Maldives, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros and Seychelles to prevent and control Covid-19 and dengue fever.
About INS KESARI
- It is a Shardul-class tank landing ship of the Indian Navy.
- Part of Amphibious forces of the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- Commissioned on 5th April 2008.
- The ship was launched by Sandhya Prasad, wife of Vice Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Yashwant Prasad.
- In 2009, INS Kesari was transferred from the Eastern Naval Command in Vishakhapatnam to Port Blair.
- In March 2014, the ship, under the command of Commander Mahesh Mangipudi, was involved in the hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in the Indian Ocean region.
Russian Armed Forces May Get First Next-Generation S-500 Missile Systems in 2021
- The S-500 air defence system will be able to intercept targets “in the upper atmosphere”, hundreds of kilometres above the Earth.
- It reportedly can track and simultaneously strike up to 10 ballistic targets moving at speeds of up to 7 kilometres (4 miles) per second (about Mach 20). It can even hit aircrafts and all aerodynamic targets.
Airbus Military Offers A 400M to India
- Request for proposal has been kept.
- This is a greatly beneficial aircraft that can boost IAF’s capability in transporting of troops and ammunition vehicles, etc. along with the existing IL-76 and Globemaster aircrafts.
Ashraf Molvi becomes operational chief of Hizbul Mujahideen in J&K
- After death of Riyaz Naikoo, Ashraf Molvi, aged 55, is a resident of Anantnag in J&K and is active in the organization since 2013.
Terrorism in Kashmir
- Pakistan’s intelligence agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has directed Khalistani terror groups which are active in Pakistan to smuggle weapons and drugs into India’s Punjab and extend help to the terror groups active in Kashmir.
- Proactive use of social media – showing stone pelting as counter-terrorism, portraying militants as heroes, etc.
- Still continuing protests of Article 370 dilution in social media. They draw inspiration of using internet from ISIS.
- Fearing retaliatory strike by India after Handwara terror attack, Pakistan increases aerial exercises.
Remembering the Pokhran II Nuclear Tests (Operation Shakti)
- These were a series of five nuclear bomb test explosions conducted by India at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in 11 to 13 May 1998.
- Pokhran-II consisted of five detonations, the first of which was a fusion bomb while the remaining four were fission bombs.
- The tests achieved their main objective of giving India the capability to build fission and thermonuclear weapons with yields up to 200 Kilotons.
- Operation Smiling Buddha was Pokhran I Tests conducted during 1971.
- Name of operation of Pokhran I nuclear tests:
- Operation Shakti
- Operation Pokhran I
- Operation Smiling Buddha
- Operation Laughing Buddha
- Prime Minister of India during Operation Shakti:
- Man Mohan Singh
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Narendra Modi
- P V Narasimha Rao
- INS Kesari was commissioned in the year:
- DRUVS electronic notes sanitization device is developed by:
- Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad
- DRDO Bengaluru Facility
- AIIMS Delhi
- National Genetics Institute
- Which among these operations cannot be taken up by Airbus A400M aircraft:
- Air to air refuelling
- Cargo transporting
- Personnel transporting
- Aerial manoeuvrable combat