Know Your Navy – INAS 303
- Indian Naval Air Squadron 303 is the frontline fighter squadron of Indian Navy.
- It was commissioned on 11 May 2013.
- Squadron comprises MiG-29K multirole carrier borne fighter aircrafts and has been an integral part of fleet air operations.
- The crest design – face of a ‘Black Panther’ in an aggressive posture over Blue & White sea waves signifies courage & agility of a predator on prowl.
- The Squadron’s motto – ‘असंभव भी संभव’ (Making the Impossible, Possible).
- This squadron participated in Varuna-19 Indo-French Naval Exercise.
Know Your Navy – INS Utkrosh
- Indian Naval Air Station Utkrosh was commissioned on 11 May 1985.
- Based at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, it caters to flying operations of Indian Navy.
- Operations include Maritime Reconnaissance of the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman sea, aid to civil authorities including casualty evacuation & search and rescue operations.
- ‘Utkrosh’ means a Sea Eagle
Know Your Navy – INS Garuda
- Indian Naval Air Station Garuda was commissioned on 11 May 1953.
- Operations include surveillance, aid to civil authorities including casualty evacuation and search and rescue operations.
- INS Garuda also undertakes training of pilots & observers for the naval aviation arm.
IAF Airlifts 8.3 T Essential Chemicals to Assist State Government in Tackling the Vizag Gas Leak
- On 09 May 2020, IAF carried out humanitarian assistance & disaster relief (HADR) operations by assisting the state government of Andhra Pradesh in tackling the Vizag Gas Leak.
U.S. and British Soldiers conduct reconnaissance exercise in Poland
- This was done during NATO’s enhanced Forward Presence Battle Group-Poland mission in Bemowo Piskie, Poland.
- Enhanced Forward Presence (EFP) is a NATO-allied forward deployed defense and deterrence military posture in Central Europe, in order to protect and reassure NATO’s Central and Northern European member states on NATO’s eastern flank of their security.
U.S. Army boosts air assault training in Europe
- U.S. Soldiers with Archer Battery, Field Artillery Squadron with support from 12th Combat Aviation Brigade CH-47 Chinook Helicopter crews took part in air assault training at the 7th Army Training Command’s Grafenwoehr Training Area, Germany.
- This training uses unique techniques which combine the use of helicopters with infantry and artillery on the ground to move troops and equipment quickly in battle.
Pentagon agreed additional fund to Textron Systems under the USV Program
- On May 8, 2020, the U.S. Department of Defense agreed a $20 million cost-plus-fixed-fee revision to contract signed with AAI Corp., a.k.a. as Textron Systems, Maryland.
- The contract extension includes engineering and technical services to develop Textron’s Unmanned Influence Sweep System (UISS) and Unmanned Surface Vehicle program
- Textron’s UISS will allow the Littoral spacecraft to accomplish its mine countermeasures sweep job and target acoustic, magnetic, and combination magnetic / acoustic mine types. According to Textron Systems, the UISS program will meet the demand of the US Navy. USA For fast mine clearance and wide area coverage, which is essential to offset acoustic / magnetic influence mines. The UISS also aims to offer a high area coverage range in a small, lightweight package with minimal effect on the hosting platform.
- Utkrosh means:
- Sea Eagle
- INS Garuda was commissioned on:
- 11 May 1953
- 11 May 1956
- 11 May 1957
- 11 May 1959
- INAS 303 has which animal on its crest?
- Black Panther
- Which among the following type of engines is most efficient?
- High bypass turbofan engines
- Low bypass turbofan engines
- Turboprop engines
- Turbojet engines
- Recently, the US and British military conducted exercises in which country?