SSB interview or service selection board interview is a recruitment process under which a candidate skills are tested intellectually, physically, psychologically and through group activities. There are three major ways of testing candidates as per SSBs perquisite standards:
- Physiological test
- Interview test
- Group test
To Know in detail about these tests CLICK HERE
General Tips for SSB Interview Candidates
- SSB is based on Manasa, Karmana, and Vachana, it means you should coincide in your thoughts actions and speech.
- Keep up the same kind of mentality throughout the SSB and throughout your life. Don’t put up an act, or try to be a different person. Be the same person.
- Practice does help, it’ll help definitely. So remember this and practice as much as you can for SSB. Start now.
- If you have a test the next day, take a good night’s sleep today. You gone there for a purpose, never forget that.
- Smile, it’ll lighten up the tension.
- Never criticize the process. It is like criticizing yourself. You might have failed, but don’t question their judgment. The earlier you learn it, the better. It is easy to find faults in others, however it much difficult to find your own faults.
- Do not let the tiring day get on you. It is little tiring in SSB, because of the activities planned throughout the day. So have the mental and physical stamina to cope up with it.
- OLQ’s are very important. Read each one of them carefully and adapt yourself accordingly.
- Whatever action you do, whatever answer you say/write, should reflect one or the other Officer Like Quality. It is easy to read this point but difficult to implement it.
- Go and mix with people in your group. The reason is not only that it’ll be beneficial for your group testing, but also that the friendships which grow here are very different and last a long time. SSB is an experience.
- Do not keep you mobile phone with yourself. Some may have got away with it, but seriously you have gone there to become an officer, it is like failing in the first test of following the rule.
- Maintain the decorum and dress code, follow the rules. Officers follow rules.
- The mantra of your success and what they want from you in the test lies in the instructions they give. It is very important to listen to the instructions they give, carefully.
- Concentrate and never forget the purpose you have gone there for, i.e. to become an officer.
- Be smartly honest. Do not lie as well as do not give out pointless information which is not required. Follow some abstraction.
- You might succeed or you might not. But it is not failing. It is just stumbling over a minute failure. Prepare better the next time and make it possible. Be a possibility!