Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Post Graduates in the subjects notified below for Grant of Permanent Commission under Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification 2016. Online application will open on 10 JUN 2015 at 1000 HRS and will be closed on 09 JUL 2016 AT 1700 HRS. Course commencing in January 2016 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification eligibility criterion
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age limit for Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122: 23 to 27 years at the time of commencement of course. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 89 and 01 Jan 93 both dates inclusive). The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
NOTE: No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification educational qualification: Only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree MA/M.Sc in the following subjects /M.Com/MCA/MBA with 1st or 2nd Division.
Note: Candidates must note that only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree MA/M.Sc in the following subjects /M.Com/MCA with 1st or 2nd Division are only eligible. Final Year appearing/Result awaiting students are not eligible.
Vacancy Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification:
- Total vacancy 10 for subjects: MA in English/Economics/History/Geography/Pol Science/Philosophy/Psychology/Sociology/Public Administration/Statistics/International Relation/International Studies.
- Total vacancy 06 for subjects:Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Botany/Geology/Nano Science/Electronics/M.Com/MCA.
- Total vacancy 04 for subjects: Foreign language (MA in Chinese/Tibetan, Burmese, Pushto/Dari & Arabic.
Type of Commission under Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification:
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay and allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt. Officers may be granted commission in any arms/services and will be liable for service in any part of the world on selected appointments as decided by Army Headquarters from time to time.
Training under Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification:
Duration of training is one year:
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject.
- Candidates neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
Pay Scale and promotion criteria for Indian Army Education Corps: Given as per latest Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification
Application Instructions for Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122:
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Click on Officer Menu then go to How to Apply and then click ONLINE APPLICATION. Fill the online registration form. Note down the user id and password. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you click on ONLINE APPLICATION. Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- Following documents are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:-
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affix photograph attested by Govt Gazetted Officer.
- Attested copy of Matriculation by the Board concerned (CBSE/State Boards/ICSCE) in which date of birth is reflected for proof of date of birth (Admit card/Marksheet/Transfer/Leaving Certificate etc. are not acceptable for proof of date of birth).
- Attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- Attested copy of Graduate Degree and all Marksheets.
- Attested copy of Post Graduate Degree & Mark sheets of all Semesters.
- All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
Note: ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 10 JUN 2015 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 09 JUL 2016 AT 1700 HRS
Selection procedure Indian Army Education Corps AEC 122 notification:
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centers, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centers only through candidate’s registered e-mail id and also through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Interviews will be held in Sep/Oct 2015.
Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in