In today’s 18 May 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 18 May 2022
World AIDS Vaccine Day
- World AIDS Vaccine Day, also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, is observed annually on May 18.
- HIV vaccine advocates mark the day by promoting the continued urgent need for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection and AIDS.
- They acknowledge and thank the thousands of volunteers, community members, health professionals, supporters, and scientists who are working together to find a safe and effective AIDS vaccine and urge the international community to recognize the importance of investing in new technologies as a critical element of a comprehensive response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- The concept of World AIDS Vaccine Day is rooted in a May 18, 1997, commencement speech at Morgan State University made by then-President Bill Clinton. Clinton challenged the world to set new goals in the emerging age of science and technology and develop an AIDS vaccine within the next decade stating, “Only a truly effective, preventive HIV vaccine can limit and eventually eliminate the threat of AIDS.”
- The first World AIDS Vaccine Day was observed on May 18, 1998, to commemorate the anniversary of Clinton’s speech, and the tradition continues today.
International Museum Day
- International Museum Day (IMD) is an international day held annually on or around 18 May, coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM). The event highlights a specific theme that changes every year reflecting a relevant theme or issue facing museums internationally.
- IMD provides the opportunity for museum professionals to meet the public and alert them as to the challenges that museums face and raise public awareness on the role museums play in the development of society. It also promotes dialogue between museum professionals.
- Theme 2022 – The Power of Museums
Silver Jubilee Celebration Of TRAI
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is a regulatory body set up by the Government of India under section 3 of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
- Attending The Event Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said the government has infused new energy in the telecom sector with the Panchamrit of Reach, Reform, Regulate, Respond and Revolutionize in the last eight years.
- Mr. Modi launched a 5G Test Bed and said this indigenous 5G testbed in the telecom sector is an important step in India’s self-reliance.
- it is estimated that 5G telecom will contribute 450 billion dollars in the Indian economy in the next one and a half-decade. 5G will help in improving governance, ease of living, and ease of doing business in the country.
- Prime Minister ALSO released a postal stamp to commemorate the silver jubilee celebrations of TRAI.
Cannes Film Festival Opens In France
- The 75th Cannes Film festival 2022 opens in France today and will continue till May 28. The Film Festival is one of the highly-anticipated and most prestigious events that several artists, celebrities and fans look forward to in the entertainment industry.
- It will be attended by some of the industry’s finest actors.
- Red Carpet event at the 75th Cannes Film Festival is going to be a gala event as Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur along with movie celebrities including AR Rahman, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and actor Pooja Hegde are set to walk as part of the Indian delegation.
- India is the Official Country of Honour at Cannes Film Market in this edition of the festival.
- This is the first time that this honour has been bestowed on any country and comes at a time when India is celebrating its Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Ramgarh Vishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary
- Minister for Environment, Forest, and Climate Change said that Ramgarh Vishdhari Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan has been notified the 52nd Reserve of India, which will conserve biodiversity and bring ecotourism and development to the area.
- The newly notified tiger reserve includes the tiger habitat between Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in the northeast and Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve on the southern side and facilitates the dispersal of tigers from Ranthambore Tiger Reserve.
- The floristic diversity of this new tiger reserve makes it an important area for research and education.
- Further historic and cultural sites like Bhimlat, Ramgarh palace will encourage eco-tourism and provide employment opportunities to local communities.
First International Migration Review Forum
- The first International Migration Review Forum (IMRF) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on 17-20 May 2022. The goal: to review the progress made at the local, national, regional and global levels in implementing the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (GCM).
- Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan will lead the Indian delegation.
- The International Migration Review Forum will serve as the primary inter-governmental global platform to discuss and share progress on the implementation of all aspects pertaining to migration and its intersection with the Sustainable Development Goals. It will consist of four interactive multi-stakeholder round tables, a policy dialogue, and a plenary. It will result in adoption of a Progress Declaration.
India Rejects Pakistan’s Resolution On J & K
- India categorically rejected the resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan about the delimitation exercise in Jammu and Kashmir.
- In response to media queries MEA Replied That – Pakistan has no locus standi to pronounce or interfere in matters that are internal to India, including the Indian territories under Pakistan’s illegal and forcible occupation.
- He said the entire territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh has been, is and shall always remain an integral part of India.
- The spokesperson said the delimitation exercise in Jammu and Kashmir is a democratic exercise based on the principles of extensive stakeholder consultation and participation.
India’s Samra Bags Gold At ISSF Junior World Cup
- India’s Sift Kaur Samra won the individual women’s 50m rifle 3 positions (3P) like Prone, the Standing and the Kneeling positions, event to take India’s gold medal tally to 10 at the ISSF Junior World Cup 2022 in Suhl, Germany yesterday. Sift Kaur Samra beat Norway’s Julie Johannessen 17-9 in the final.
- India’s Ashi Chouksey also won bronze in the event. India now has a total of 25 medals – 10 gold, 12 silver and three bronze – and sit atop the medals table. Italy, the next best team, has four gold and three bronze medals. The ISSF Junior World Cup will conclude on Thursday.
- AIDS Virus Destroys _____
- World AIDS Vaccine Day
- May 16
- May 17
- May 18
- May 19
- World AIDS Day
- January 1st
- May 1st
- July 1st
- December 1st
- International Museum Day
- May 16
- May 17
- May 18
- May 19
- International Council Of Museums Was Founded In
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) Is In
- Salar Jung Museum Is In
- New Delhi
- Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India Was Established In
- HQ Of TRAI
- Current Chairmen TRAI
- PD Vaghela
- Ashwini Vaishnav
- R P Patil
- Sunil Kumar Gupta
- Telecommunications Dispute Settlement And Appellate Tribunal
- ____ Is The Largest Tiger Reserve In India
- Jim Corbett
- Nagarjuna Sagar – Srisailam
- _______ Is The Smallest Tiger Reserve In India
- Bor Tiger Reserve
- Bandipur National Park
- Periyar National Park
- Bandhavgarh National Park
- International Tiger Day
- May 20
- July 29
- August 17
- December 14
- Project Tiger Was Launched In
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority Was Established In
- Chairman Of The National Tiger Conservation Authority
- Narendra Modi
- Bhupendra Yadav
- Amit Shah
- Dharmendra Pradhan
- Indravati Tiger Reserve Is In
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Bandipore Tiger Reserve Is In
- West Bengal
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve Is In
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil nadu
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]