SSB interview is the most stringent selection procedure which involves assessment of a personality at three levels namely ‘Mansa Vacha and Karmana’, the literal meaning of these terms is, how a person thinks, what and how he speaks and the way he acts in situations and with people, all these personality aspects give a wholesome idea of the person and these qualities can only be polished in the right direction with proper knowledge and awareness of happenings around us.
The importance of current affairs in SSB has been established with activities that involve direct assessment of general awareness. Current affairs are very important for SSB Interview because it is asked for sure. It is vital because you might have noticed, a great personality or defense officers are always aware of all the vital issues happening not only in the country but in the world too, due to his knowledge he has some views and opinions on every topic which allows him to participate and rise in each and every discussion wherever he goes.
20 Latest National News Asked In SSB Interview – May 2022
Semicon India Conference 2022
- 3-Day Event In Bengaluru. It Is Envisioned As The Launchpad To Kick Start Country’s Ambition In Becoming The Global Semiconductor Hub And Nurture The Chip Design And Manufacturing Ecosystem. The First Step Towards Actualizing The India Semiconductor Mission.
- The Event Will Help In Showcasing The Present Capabilities, Technology Trends, Market Opportunities, And Investment In Research And Development In The Country. It Will Also Showcase Innovations By Start-ups And Key Projects Undertaken By The Academic Institutions.
India’s First Ethanol Plant Inaugurated In Bihar
- In Bihar (Purnea District): Ethanol Production Would Help Reduce The Cost Of Petrol And Generate Fresh Employment Opportunities In The State. The Rs 105 Crore Plant Set Up By A Private Investor. Is The First One Post The Union Govt Approved The Bihar Govt Ethanol Production And Promotion Policy -2021.
- The Ethanol Plant Set Up With The Latest Technology Using Zero Waste Discharge, Has Been Built In 15 Acres. It Would Buy 130 Tonnes Of Rice Husk And 150 Tonnes Of Maize Or Rice From Farmers Every Day. It Is the Country’s First Grain-based Ethanol Plant.
LIC IPO Opens For Public Subscription
- The Initial Public Offering, IPO Of LIC Has Opened For Public Subscription. It Will Remain Open Till the 9th Of May. It Is The Biggest Public Offering In The Country. The Allotment Of Shares To Demat Account Of Bidders Will Take Place By 16th May And The IPO Will List For Trading On 17th May.
- LIC Has Fixed The Price Band Of 902 To 949 Rupees Per Equity Share For Its Maiden Public Offer. With This IPO, The Government Is Looking To Divest Its 3.5 Percent Stake In The Insurer By Selling 22.13 Crore Shares. The Government Aims To Raise Around 21,000 Crore Rupees Through IPO.
New Draft National Youth Policy
- GoI Reviewed The Existing Draft National Youth Policy, 2014 And Prepared A New Draft National Youth Policy (NYP). It Envisages A 10-year Vision For Youth Development That India Seeks To Achieve By 2030. It Is Aligned With The SDGs And Serves To ‘Unlock The Potential Of The Youth To Advance India’.
- The Draft NYP Seeks To Catalyze Widespread Action On Youth Development Across Five Priority Areas Viz. Education; Employment & Entrepreneurship; Youth Leadership & Development; Health, Fitness & Sports; And Social Justice. Each Priority Area has Underpinned Interests Of The Marginalized Sections.
- IMD Forecasted That A Low-pressure Area Is Likely To Form Over South Andaman Sea And Neighbouring Areas On May 6 Which May Develop Into A Low-pressure Area By May 9 And As A Cyclonic Storm After Changing Into Deep Depression On May 11. The Cyclone May Hit Bangladesh After Hitting Odisha And West Bengal.
NFHS-5 National Report
- The National Family Health Survey (NFHS) Is A Large-scale, Multi-round Survey Conducted In A Representative Sample Of Households Throughout India. It Comprises Detailed Information On Key Domains Of Population, Health, And Family Welfare And Associated Domains.
- Fertility Rates: TFR, Has Further Declined From 2.2 To 2.0 At The National Level Between NNFHS 4 And 5. Under Marriages: According To NFHS-5, 23.3% of Women Surveyed Got Married Before Attaining The Legal Age Of 18 Years, Down From 26.8% Reported In NFHS-4.
- Domestic Violence Against Women: Come Down Marginally From 31.2% In 2015-16 To 29.3% In 2019-21. Institutional Births: It Increased From 79% To 89% In India. Immunization Level: More Than Three-fourths (77%) of Children aged 12-23 Months Were Fully Immunized, Compared With 62% In NFHS-4.
- Stunting: Children Under Five Years Has Marginally Declined From 38% To 36% In The Country Since The Last 4 Years. Obesity: Compared With NFHS-4, The Prevalence Of Overweight Or Obesity Has Increased In Most States/UT’s.
Excavations At Rakhigarhi
- It Is One Of The Largest Settlement Of the Harappan Civilization. There Are 7 Mounds At The Site And Excavation Are Underway At Mound 1, Mound 3, And Mound 7. The Site Is Too Vast And It Is Spread Over More Than 3500 Hectares.
Jan Suraksha Schemes Complete 7 Years
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMSBY), And Atal Pension Yojana (APY) Were Launched By PM Modi On 9th May 2015 In Kolkata. These Schemes Have Been Successful In Providing Affordable Insurance And Security To People.
SC Stays 152-Year-Old Sedition Law
- Section 124A Of IPC Should Be Effectively Kept In Abeyance Till The Union Government Reconsiders The Provision. In An Interim Order, The Court Urged The Centre And The State Governments To Refrain From Registering Any FIRS Under The Said Provision While It Was Under Re-consideration.
Rajiv Kumar Appointed As New Chief ECI
- EC Rajiv Kumar Will Be The New Chief ECI. Mr. Kumar, The Senior-most EC, Will Assume The Charge Of the Office Of CEC With Effect From the 15th of May. He Will Replace Incumbent CEC Sushil Chandra Who Will Be Demitting The Office On the 14th of May.
NITI Ayog’s: National Data And Analytics Platform
- The Platform Aims To Democratize Access To Public Government Data By Making Data – Accessible, Interoperable, Interactive, And Available On A User-friendly Platform. The Rise Of Data And Digital Technologies Are Rapidly Transforming Economies And Societies.
- With Enormous Implications For Governments’ Daily Operations. This Platform Is A Critical Milestone Which Aims To Aid the Country’s Progress By Promoting Data-driven Disclosure, Decision Making And Ensuring the Availability Of Data Connecting Till The Last Mile.
ISRO Successfully Tests HS-200 Solid Rocket Booster
- ISRO Successfully Conducted The Static Test Of A Human-rated Solid Rocket Booster HS-200, A Key Component For The Gaganyaan Manned Mission Programme. HS-200 Booster Loaded With 203 Tonnes Of Solid Propellant Was Tested For A Duration Of 135 Seconds.
- HS-200 Rocket Booster Is The Human-rated Version Of The Well Proven S-200 Rocket Booster Of GSLV Mark-II, Popularly Known As LVM3. It Was Developed At Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, and Thiruvananthapuram And Propellant Casting Were Completed At SHAR, Sriharikota.
Silver Jubilee Celebration Of TRAI
- TRAI Is A Regulatory Body Set Up Under Section 3 Of The TRAI Act, 1997. PM Modi Has Said The Government Has Infused New Energy In The Telecom Sector With The Panchamrit Of Reach, Reform, Regulate, Respond And Revolutionize In The Last 8 Years.
- He Launched A 5G Test Bed An Important Step In India’s Self-reliance. It Will Contributes 450 Billion Dollars In The Indian Economy In The Next One And A Half-decade. Help In Improving Governance, Ease Of Living And Ease Of Doing Business In The Country.
Ramgarh Vishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary
- MoEFCC Change Said That Ramgarh Vishdhari Tiger Reserve In Rajasthan Has Been Notified The 52nd Reserve Of India, Which Will Conserve Biodiversity And Bring Ecotourism And Development To The Area.
- The Newly Notified Tiger Reserve Includes The Tiger Habitat Between Ranthambore Tiger Reserve In The Northeast And Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve On The Southern Side And Facilitates The Dispersal Of Tigers.
Formation Of Cotton Council Of India
- It is Under The Chairmanship Of Renowned Suresh Bhai Kotak. It Will Have Representation From Textiles, Agriculture, Commerce, And Finance Ministries Along With Cotton Corporation Of India And Cotton Research Institute.
- The First Meeting Of The Proposed Council Has Been Scheduled For The 28th Of This Month. The Council Will Discuss, Deliberate, And Prepare A Robust Action Plan For Bringing Out A Tangible Improvement In This Field.
First Ever National Conference Of Woman Legislators
- The Kerala Legislative Assembly Hosted On The 26th Of May. President Ram Nath Kovind Inaugurated The Two-day Conference While Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla Will Attend The Valedictory Function On The 27th Of May.
State Of Inequality In India Report
- Economic Advisory Council To The Prime Minister (EAC-PM). Make The Population More Vulnerable And Trigger A Descent Into Multidimensional Poverty. 5 Key Areas: These Are Income Distribution, Labour Market Dynamics, Health, Education, And Household Characteristics.
- Urban Areas Have A 44.4% Wealth Concentration In The Highest Quintile (20%) Compared To A Meager 7.1% In Rural Areas. India’s Unemployment Rate Is 4.8% (2019-20), And The Worker Population Ratio Is 46.8%.
- From 1,72,608 Total Health Centres In India In 2005, Total Health Centres In 2020 Stand At 1,85,505. The Gross Enrolment Ratio Has Also Increased Between 2018-19 And 2019-20 At The Primary, Upper Primary, Secondary, And Higher Secondary.
V K Saxena Appointed Delhi’s New Lt. Governor
- Mr. Saxena Is Presently The Chairman Of the Khadi And Village Industries Commission. A Statutory Body Formed In April 1957 By The Government Of India, Under The Act Of Parliament, ‘Khadi And Village Industries Commission Act Of 1956’. It Is An Apex Organisation Under The Ministry Of MSME.
PARAM PORUL Supercomputer Inaugurated
- NIT, Tiruchirappalli: Is Established Under Phase 2 Of The NSM To Facilitate Computational Research. To Date, 15 Supercomputers Have Been Installed With Compute Capacity Of 24 Petaflops. All These Have Been Manufactured In India And Operate With An Indigenously Developed Software Stack.
Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022
- PM Modi Will Inaugurate India’s Biggest Drone Festival. He Will Interacts With Kisan Drone Pilots. He Will Witness Open-air Drone Demonstrations And Interact With Startups In The Drone Exhibition Center. During This Two-day Bharat Drone Mahotsav, Over 1600 Delegates Will Participate.
- More Than 70 Exhibitors Will Display Drones At The Exhibition. Mahotsav Will Also Witness the Virtual Awards Presentation Ceremony Of Drone Pilot Certificates, Product Launches, Flying Demonstrations, Display Of A Made In India Drone Taxi Prototype, Among Others.
National Achievement Survey 2021 Report
- Dept Of School Edu And Lit Has Released. It Assesses The Health Of School Education System In The Country By Conducting a Comprehensive Evaluation Survey Of Children’s Learning Competencies At Classes 3, 5, 8, And 10th With A Cycle Period Of 3 Years.
- The Last NAS Was Held In 2017. The NAS 2021 Was Held On the 12th Of November Last Year At All India Level And Covered Government Schools, Government Aided Schools, And Private Unaided Schools.
- About 34 Lakh Students Of 1.18 Lakh Schools In 720 Districts From Both Rural And Urban Areas Have Participated. Aims To Evaluate Children’s Progress And Learning Competencies As An Indicator Of The Efficiency Of The Education System, To Take Appropriate Steps For Remedial Actions At Different Levels.
Supreme Court Recognises Sex Work As A Profession
- Its Practitioners Are Entitled To Dignity And Equal Protection Under The Law. The Court Invoked Its Special Powers Under Article 142 Of The Constitution. In 2020, The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Recognized Sex Workers As Informal Workers.
Geetanjali Shree Win International Booker Prize
- Hindi Author Geetanjali Shree’s Novel Ret Samadhi, Tomb Of Sand Has Won The International Booker Prize, Becoming The First Novel Translated From Hindi To Do So. It Is For The First Time A Book Originally Written In Any Indian Language Has Won The Booker Prize.
- It Is The Story About An 80-year-old Woman, Who Slips Into A Deep Depression When Her Husband Dies, Then Resurfaces To Gain A New Lease On Life. The Woman Travels To Pakistan To Confront The Unresolved Trauma Of Her Teenage Experiences Of Partition And Re-evaluates Herself.
Sports & Games:
- P V Sindhu Won Asia Badminton Championships.
- P.V. Sindhu Won Her 2nd Asian Bronze Medal After A Heartbreaking Three-game Loss To Top-seed And Defending Champion Akane Yamaguchi Of Japan In The Semifinal In Manila.
- At The Ongoing 24th Deaflympics At Caxias Do Sul In Brazil, The Indian Contingent Ended The Campaign On Good Note And Got Appreciations From PM Modi.
- India Beat Indonesia 3-0 To Lift the Thomas Cup Trophy
- The Thomas Cup/ World Men’s Team Championships, BWF. The Championships Have Been Conducted Every 2 Years Since 1982, Earlier Conducted Every 3 Years Since The First Tournament Held In 1948 – 1949.
- Odisha Was Crowned As The Champions Of The 12th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2022 In Bhopal, MP With A Thrilling 2-0 Victory Over Karnataka. Jharkhand Beat Haryana To Earn Third-place Finish.
- Kerala Wins Their 7th Santosh Trophy title
- Kerala Beat West Bengal 5-4 In The Penalty Shootout To Win The 75th Santosh Trophy 2022. This Is Kerala’s 3rd Win On Home Soil. Earlier, They Had Won Two Editions In Kochi, In 1973-74 And 1992-93.
- Nikhat Wins Gold At Women’s World Boxing C’ships
- 52kg Category Over Thailand’s Jitpong In The Fly-weight Final In Istanbul, Turkey. Becomes Only The 5th Indian Women’s Boxer After Mary Kom, Sarita Devi, Jenny, And Lekha To Win A Gold At The World Championships. The 25-year-old Zareen Is A Former Junior Youth World Champion.
- Gujarat Titans Win IPL Title In Debut Season
- GT Crowned IPL Champions After They Beat RR By 7 Wickets In The Final In Ahmedabad. IPL Was Founded By The BCCI In 2007. There Have Been 15 Seasons Of The IPL Tournament. The Current IPL Title Holder Franchise Is Gujarat Titans, which is Winning The 2022 Season.
To join Indian Armed Forces as an Officer and crack the AFSB interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.