In today’s 20 May 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 20 May 2022
World Bee Day
- World Bee Day is celebrated on May 20. On this day Anton Jansa, the pioneer of beekeeping, was born in 1734.
- The purpose of the international day is to acknowledge the role of bees and other pollinators in the ecosystem.
- The UN Member States approved Slovenia’s proposal to proclaim 20 May as World Bee Day in December 2017.
World Metrology Day
- World Metrology Day is an event occurring on 20 May celebrating the International System of Units.
- The date is the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875.
- Metrology is the study of measurement.
- The World Metrology Day project is currently realized jointly by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM) and the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML).
PM Modi Addresses Yuva Shivir In Vadodara
- Shree Swaminarayan Temple- Kundaldham and Shree Swaminarayan Temple Karelibaug have organized this Shivir in Vadodara.
- The Shivir aims to involve more youth in social service and towards nation building through initiatives like Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, Atma Nirbhar Bharat, and Swachh Bharat.
- The shivir is attended by thousands of youths and followers of the Swaminarayan temple.
- Mr. Modi said that today we are taking a collective resolve for making efforts to build a new India.
- He said that the world is looking toward India with new hope for peace in the midst of global unrest and conflicts.
- He said that a new India is with a new identity and forward-looking with ancient traditions. He said that such a new India should give direction to the entire mankind.
- Mr. Modi said that we are showing the path of Yoga and the power of Ayurveda to the entire humanity.
- He said that we are emerging as a nation looking forward to a new future from software to space.
2 – Days Workshop On Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- A two-day workshop cum orientation program on Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain 2022 started today in New Delhi. The Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain 2022 campaign is being implemented from April to November this year.
- Jal Shakti Ministry stressed water conservation and rainwater harvesting.
- Pointing toward the depleting water level and increase in water demand, advance planning to catch the rain is being implemented under the Jal Shakti Abhiyan.
- Expressed hope that significant progress will be made this year under the campaign.
- Highlighting the importance of water bodies, 75 water bodies will be created or rejuvenated in every district which will be called Amrit Sarovar.
Works Under PM GatiShakti National Master Plan
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal today said that nearly 400 comprehensive GIS-based maps have already been prepared under PM GatiShakti National Master Plan.
- Delivering the keynote address at the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, TRAI, Ministerial Session in New Delhi, Mr. Goyal emphasized that the GatiShakti initiative would help solve the problem of haphazard development of infrastructure in the country and help build a secure, sustainable, scalable and collaborative approach towards infrastructure planning.
- Prime Minister launched PM Gati Shakti – National Master Plan for Multi-modal Connectivity, essentially a digital platform to bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for integrated planning and coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects.
- The multi-modal connectivity will provide integrated and seamless connectivity for movement of people, goods, and services from one mode of transport to another. It will facilitate the last mile connectivity of infrastructure and reduce travel time for people.
Round-The-Clock Helpline “Pukar” Established In J & K
- In The Union Territory Of Jammu And Kashmir, District Administration, Anantnag The Around-the-clock Helpline “Pukar” Has Been Established To Address Complaints From The Public Related To Civic Amenities.
- The District Magistrate Said That He Monitors The Helpline Himself And Gets Reports Thrice A Day About The Number Of Calls And Grievances Redressed.
Food Security Licence Mandatory In Kerala
- Kerala Government Will Make Food Security Licence Mandatory For All Eateries Across The State. The Government Move Comes As Part Of A Campaign To Ensure Good Food To All, In The Wake Of Growing Incidents Of Food Poisoning In Several Parts.
- Given This Information, State Health Minister Veena George Said, All Hotels, Restaurants And Eateries Must Obtain A Food Safety Registration Or Licence Within Three Months And Display It Prominently Along With The Toll-free Number Of Food Safety Department. The Minister Said Inspections Would Be Scaled Up And A System Would Be Put In Place Where The Public Can Upload Complaints Along With Photographs.
BRICS Ministers Of Foreign Affairs Meeting
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar participated in the BRICS Ministers of Foreign Affairs virtually.
- The meeting prepared the ground for the 14th BRICS summit. Chinese Foreign Ministry said China as the BRICS chair for 2022 looks forward to enhancing communication and coordination with fellow BRICS partners on the new challenges of the current international situation and major international and regional issues.
- India handed over the BRICS Chairmanship to China in January 2022.
- The theme for BRICS 2022 is ‘Foster High-Quality BRICS Partnership Usher in a New Era for Global Development’.
- A total of 25 events have been planned. India will host five events this year as part of the BRICS Science Technology Innovation Steering Committee.
Nikhat Wins Gold At Women’s World Boxing Championships
- India’s Nikhat Zareen won the gold medal in the 52kg category at the Women’s World Boxing Championship with a win over Thailand’s Jitpong Jutamas in the fly-weight final in Istanbul, Turkey on Thursday.
- Nikhat thus becomes only the fifth Indian women’s boxer after Mary Kom, Sarita Devi, Jenny RL and Lekha KC to win a gold at the World Championships.
- The 25-year-old Zareen is a former junior youth world champion.
- Against her Thai opponent in the final, Nikhat fought with brilliance and brought home the gold medal.
- The judges scored the bout 30-27, 29-28, 29-28, 30-27, 29-28 in the Indian’s favour.
- World Bee Day
- May 17
- May 18
- May 19
- May 20
- Anton Jansa, The Pioneer Of Beekeeping Belonged To
- Czech Republic
- ______ Is The Study Of Measurement
- World Metrology Day
- May 17
- May 18
- May 19
- May 20
- The Metre Convention Was Signed In
- International Organization of Legal Metrology Was Established In
- HQ Of International Organization Of Legal Metrology
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures Was Formed In
- HQ Of International Bureau Of Weights And Measures
- PM GatiShakti National Master Plan Was Launched In
- New Development Bank Was Formed In
- New Development Bank Was Formed At ______ Summit
- President Of the New Development Bank Is
- Marcos Prado Troyjo
- K. V. Kamath
- Dr. Wang Yi
- Jair Bolsonaro
- HQ Of New Development Bank
- Rio De Janerio
- HQ Of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- Rio De Janerio
- The Term Was Originally Coined In 2001 As “BRIC” By
- Jim O’Neill
- John Keynes
- Adam Smith
- David Ricardo
- BRICS Declaration That Named Terrorist Groups Let And Jem
- Heart of Asia declaration
- Xiamen declaration
- Dunhuang declaration
- Shenzhen declaration
- What Does BRICS ARP Stand For
- Agricultural Research Portal
- Asian Research Platform
- Asian Research Portal
- Agriculture Research Platform
- Current Chair For BRICS 2022 Is
- South Africa
- When Was The First BRICS Summit Held
- Russia, 2009
- India, 2008
- Brazil, 2009
- China, 2008
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]