DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 22 January 2022
Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura Celebrates Statehood Day
- As Tripura, Meghalaya, and Tripura celebrate their 50th statehood day on Friday, January 21, extending his best wishes, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Friday greeted the people of Manipur on, Tripura, and Meghalaya on their statehood days.
- Statehood Day has been celebrated on an annual basis as Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura on January 21, 1972, became full-fledged states under the Northeastern Region (Reorganization) Act of 1971.
- Earlier before the northeastern region was turned into seven sisters with the statehood of Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, and Nagaland, the Northeastern composition consisted of Assam plains from the old Assam Province, the hill districts, and the Northeastern Frontier Tracts (NEFT) of the North-Eastern borderland.
4th Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation
- Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav stated that the natural resources dependent community is an important aspect of tiger conservation, and the ‘people agenda’ ranks prominently in India’s ‘tiger agenda’.
- The Minister was speaking at the 4th Asia Ministerial Conference on tiger conservation, an important event for reviewing progress towards the Global Tiger Recovery Programme and commitments to tiger conservation.
- The Minister said that India will facilitate Tiger Range Countries towards finalization of New Delhi declaration for the Global Tiger Summit to be held at Vladivostok, Russia later this year. A “Pre-Tiger Summit” meeting was held at New Delhi in 2010, wherein the draft declaration on tiger conservation for Global Tiger Summit was finalized.
- Stating that India has achieved the remarkable feat of doubling the tiger population in 2018 itself, 4 years ahead of the targeted year 2022, Shri Yadav informed that the model of success of India’s tiger governance is now being replicated for other wildlife like the Lion, Dolphin, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and other small wild cats, while the country is on the threshold of introducing Cheetah in its historical range.
Coal Secretary launches Koyla Darpan Portal
- Coal Secretary Dr. Anil Kumar Jain today launched Koyla Darpan Portal to share Key Performance Indicators related to the Coal Sector. The portal will have the Key Performance Indicators related to Coal Production, Status of Coal Stock in Thermal Power Plants, Allocation of Blocks, Monitoring of Major Coal Mines, and Coal Price. The portal is accessible through the website of the Ministry of Coal for maximum public outreach.
Grand statue of Netaji @ India Gate
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has said, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s grand statue, made of granite, will be installed at India Gate. In a series of tweets, Mr. Modi said, this would be a symbol of India’s indebtedness to him.
- He said, till the grand statue of Netaji Bose is completed, a hologram statue of his would be present at the same place. Mr. Modi added that he will unveil the hologram statue on 23rd January, Netaji’s birth anniversary.
‘Most Popular Leader’ Worldwide
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has emerged as the most popular leader worldwide. According to a US-based global leader approval tracker, Morning Consult Political Intelligence, Mr. Modi topped with 71 percent approval ratings among the 13 world leaders while US President, Joe Biden is ranked at number six with 43 percent rating.
- Joe Biden is followed by Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau with 43 percent and Australian Prime Minister, Scott Morrison at 41 percent approval ratings.
Banking on Electric Vehicles in India Report
- NITI Aayog, Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), and RMI India today released a report, titled Banking on Electric Vehicles in India.
- The report outlines the importance of priority-sector recognition for retail lending in the electric mobility ecosystem. NITI Aayog said, that retail finance for electric vehicles has been slow to pick up. CEO of NITI Aayog Amitabh Kant said that the Reserve Bank of India, RBIs priority-sector lending mandate has a proven track record of improving the supply of formal credit towards areas of national priority.
- The report provides considerations and recommendations regarding the inclusion of Electric Vehicles in RBI priority-sector lending guidelines.
- The report indicates that electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers, and commercial four-wheelers are early segments to prioritize under Priority Sector Lending. It recommends a clear sub-target and penalty mechanism for priority sector lending to renewable energy and Electric Vehicles.
- It also suggests recognition of Electric Vehicles as an infrastructure sub-sector by the Finance Ministry and the incorporation of electric vehicles as a separate reporting category under RBI.
‘Botlab Dynamics’ to Light Up Sky At Beating The Retreat Ceremony
- IIT-Delhi-based start-up Botlab Dynamics will light up the sky with the 1000 Drones Light Show at Beating the Retreat Ceremony on the 29th of this month. India will be the 4th country after China, Russia, and the UK to carry out such a large-scale show with one thousand drones.
- Dr. Singh said, ten minutes long Drone Show will showcase government achievements @75 through many creative formations in the dark sky.
- Which is the largest state in Northeast India?
- Which is the smallest state in Northeast India?
- How many states are there in the Northeast?
- Which Northeast state has the highest literacy rate?
- Odd One Out
- Meghalaya: Aizawl
- Nagaland: Kohima
- Sikkim: Gangtok
- Tripura: Agartala
- Which state is called the brother of 7 other northeast states?
- Which is not among the 3 Countries surrounding Arunachal Pradesh?
- The Barak Valley is in the southern region of
- Yume Samdong Hot Spring is found in
- Where is Kaziranga National Park Located?
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 1 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 2 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 3 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 4 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 5 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Yearly Current Affairs 2021 With Video Lecture Part- 6 [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs December 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs November 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs October 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs September 2021 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]