In today’s 25 May 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 25 May 2022
India Gets Highest Ever FDI In The Last Financial Year
- India has emerged as a preferred investment destination which is evident from the fact that India has recorded highest ever annual Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow of 83.57 billion US dollars in the last fiscal year.
- In comparison to FDI inflow received in the financial year 2014-15, when country had attracted FDI inflow of 45.15 billion US dollars, FDI inflow registered growth of 85 percent in the last financial year. India has received over 301 billion US dollars in the last four fiscal years.
- As per the data of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, country’s FDI inflows have increased 20-fold since financial year 2003-04, when the inflows were 4.3 billion US dollar only.
- India is also emerging as a preferred country for foreign investments in the manufacturing sector. FDI inflow in manufacturing sector has increased by 76 percent to 21.34 billion US dollar in last fiscal as compared to fiscal year 2020-21 when this sector received 12.09 billion US dollar worth of investment.
- Computer software and hardware has emerged as the top recipient sector of FDI inflow with 25 per cent share followed by Services Sector and Automobile Industry.
- Karnataka is the top recipient state with 38 per cent share of the total FDI inflow reported during the fiscal year 2021-22 followed by Maharashtra and Delhi.
Belgium: Quarantine Compulsory For Monkeypox Patients
- Belgium has become the first country to make a 21-day quarantine compulsory for monkeypox patients after four cases of the disease were reported last week. Taking to Twitter, the microbiologist Emmanuel Andre, who is in charge of the National Reference Lab for COVID-19 in Belgium, yesterday said that the fourth case has been confirmed in the country.
- Monkeypox is a disease in the same family as smallpox and symptoms include a distinct bumpy rash, a fever, sore muscles, and a headache. Monkeypox is less deadly than smallpox, with a mortality rate below four percent, but experts are worried about the unusual spread of the disease beyond Africa where it usually circulates.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that Monkeypox can be contained in countries outside of Africa where the virus is not usually detected.
- Transmission is really happening from skin-to-skin contact, most of the people who have been identified have more mild diseases.
UN Reports 100 Million People Forcibly Displaced
- The Russia-Ukraine conflict has pushed the number of forcibly displaced people around the world above 100 million for the first time ever, the United Nations said today.
- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees said, the number of people forced to flee conflict, violence, human rights violations, and persecution has now crossed the staggering milestone of 100 million for the first time on record. The UNHCR further said, the war in Ukraine has displaced eight million within the country and more than six million people have fled abroad.
- The UNHCR said in a statement, that the alarming figure must shake the world into ending the conflicts forcing record numbers to flee their own homes. The commission also said, the number of forcibly displaced people rose toward 90 million by the end of 2021, spurred by violence in Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Myanmar, Nigeria, Afghanistan, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
V K Saxena Appointed Delhi’s New Lt. Governor
- Vinai Kumar Saxena has been appointed new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi. President Ram Nath Kovind has accepted the resignation of Anil Baijal as Lieutenant Governor.
- Mr. Saxena is presently the Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- KVIC is a statutory body formed in April 1957 by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- It is an apex organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, about khadi and village industries within India, which seeks to – “plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.”
Indo-Pacific Economic Framework For Prosperity
- US President Joe Biden launched the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) with a dozen initial partners. These countries include India, Australia, Japan, Brunei, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Together, these countries represent 40% of world GDP.
- IPEF is aimed at strengthening ties in this critical Indo-Pacific region to define the coming decades for technological innovation and the global economy. The Framework will create a stronger, fairer, and more resilient economy for families, workers, and businesses in the United States and in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Biden said they are writing the new rules for the 21-century economy that will help their economies grow faster and fairer.
- Endorsing the initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked Mr Biden for the initiative and said that the IPEF is a declaration of our collective will’ to make the region an engine of global economic growth. He expressed his commitment to work with all Indo-Pacific countries for an inclusive and flexible IPEF. Mr Modi also declared that the foundation of resilient supply chains, a major focus area for the Framework that will apparently provide an alternative to China’s approach to critical’ economic issues, must be 3Ts – trust, transparency, and timeliness.
Quad Leaders’ Summit @ Tokyo
- The Quad Leaders’ Summit was held in Tokyo in Japan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi took part in the meeting along with US President Joe Biden, Prime Minister of Australia Anthony Albanese, and Prime Minister of Japan Fumio Kishida.
- In his opening remarks at the Summit, Mr Modi said that Quad has carved out a niche for itself, in such a short span of time, before the world. He added that today, Quad’s scope has become vast. He said the mutual trust and determination of Quad nations is giving new energy and enthusiasm to democratic powers. Mr Modi stressed that a free, open, and inclusive Indo Pacific Region is getting encouraged at the Quad level, with cooperation. He called it the shared goal of all Quad countries.
- The Quad Summit provided an opportunity to take stock of the progress made so far on Quad’s initiatives and give guidance for the future. The leaders reviewed the progress of Quad initiatives, identified new areas of cooperation, and provided strategic guidance for future collaboration.
- Quad member countries have agreed to hold the next in-person summit in 2023 which will be hosted by Australia, said a Joint Quad Leaders’ statement.
WEF’s Alliance To Supercharge India’s Climate Action
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has launched the India chapter of the Alliance of CEO Climate Action Leaders to supercharge India’s climate action and decarbonization efforts.
- Part of the World Economic Forum’s Climate Action Platform, the alliance will continue efforts to achieve the vision outlined in the white paper released last year, ‘Mission 2070: A Green New Deal for a Net Zero India’, on India’s low-carbon transition by 2070. It will bring together the government, businesses, and other key stakeholders to achieve Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious ‘Panchamrit’ pledge, which includes the country’s net-zero target by 2070.
- A collaboration between the management consultancy Kearney and the Indian think-tank Observer Research Foundation, the alliance will serve as a high-level platform to support business leaders in planning and implementing plans and programs to achieve climate targets, including net-zero economic growth.
NHA Launches Revamped ABHA Mobile Application
- National Health Authority has launched revamped Ayushman Bharat Health Account, ABHA mobile application to manage health records under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission. Union Health Ministry said, the ABHA app, previously known as the NDHM Health Records app is available for download from the Google Play Store and already has over four lakh downloads.
- The updated version of the ABHA app has a new User Interface and added functionalities that enable individuals to access their health records anytime and anywhere. The existing ABHA app users can also update their previous app versions to the latest one.
- The ABHA mobile application enables an individual to create an ABHA address, an easy-to-remember username that can be linked with the 14-digit randomly generated ABHA number.
- The mobile application also enables users to link their health records created at Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission compliant health facility and view them on their smartphones.
- The application also allows self-uploading of physical health records, along with sharing of digital health records such as diagnostic reports, prescriptions, and CoWIN vaccination certificates after the consent of an individual.
- NOT Included In The Quad Group
- United States of America
- Military Exercise Carried Out By The Quad Members
- Hand in Hand
- Nine-dash Line Is Associated With
- String Of Pearls Strategy Is Associated With
- South Korea
- North Korea
- Necklace Of Diamonds Strategy Is Associated With
- Sri Lanka
- Idea Of QUAD Was First Mooted By
- Shinzo Abe
- Dick Cheney
- Manmohan Singh
- John Howard
- Concept Of Asia’s “Democratic Security Diamond”
- Shinzo Abe
- Dick Cheney
- Manmohan Singh
- John Howard
- Where Was The Quad Summit 2021 Held
- The Quad Summit 2023 Is Expected To Be Hosted By
- Current Prime Minister Of Japan
- Shinzo Abe
- Fumio Kishida
- Yoshihiko Noda
- Yoshihide Suga
- H.Q Of Khadi And Village Industries Commission
- Khadi And Village Industries Commission Works Under
- Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Ministry of Textiles
- Current Minister Of Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises
- Piyush Goyal
- Narayan Rane
- Mansukh Mandaviya
- Nirmala Seetharaman
- Current Lieutenant Governor Of Delhi
- Tejendra Khanna
- Najeeb Jung
- Anil Baijal
- Vinai Kumar Saxena
- First Chief Commissioner Of Delhi
- Shankar Prasada
- Anand Dattahaya Pandit
- Bhagwan Sahay
- Venkata Vishwanathan
- Government Of NCT Of Delhi Act Was Enacted In
- UT Of Delhi Has Been Given A Special Status U/A
- Both A & B
- Articles 239AA And 239AB Were Added Through
- 49th Amendment Act
- 59th Amendment Act
- 69th Amendment Act
- 79th Amendment Act
- Currently Delhi Vidhan Sabha Consists Of ____ Members
- Current Speaker Of Delhi Vidhan Parishad
- Ram Niwas Goel
- Rakhi Birla
- V K Saxena
- None Of The Above
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]