In today’s 26 May 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 26 May 2022
Rash Behari Bose Remembered On His Jayanthi
- Rash Behari Bose (25 May 1886 – 21 January 1945) was an Indian revolutionary leader against the British Raj.
- He was one of the key organizers of the Ghadar Mutiny and founded the First Indian National Army during World War 2.
- British Indian Army soldiers defected over to INA during the Japanese invasion of Singapore.
- He founded the Japanese branch of the Hindu Mahasabha in 1938 under the inspiration of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar who was the president of Hindu Mahasabha, India.
- The Indian National Army(INA) was formed in 1942 under Rash Behari Bose which he later handed over as the Indian National Army to Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Rash Behari Bose remained the Supreme Advisor of INA led by Subhash Chandra Bose.
PARAM PORUL Supercomputer Inaugurated
- PARAM PORUL Supercomputer inaugurated at NIT, Tiruchirappalli.
- PARAM PORUL supercomputing facility is established under Phase 2 of the National Supercomputing Mission to Facilitate Computational Research.
- Under NSM, to date 15 supercomputers have been installed across the nation with compute capacity of 24 petaflops. All these supercomputers have been manufactured in India and operate with an indigenously developed software stack.
State Level Steering Committees For Energy Transition
- Power Minister R. K. Singh has asked the Chief Ministers of all States and Lieutenant Governors of Union Territories to set up State Level Steering Committees for Energy Transition.
- These Steering Committees will work under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretaries of the States and Union Territories.
- The Principal Secretaries of Power and New and Renewable Energy Departments, Transport, Industries, Housing and Urban Affairs, Agriculture, Rural Development and Public Works Departments will act as members of these Committees.
- The States and Union Territories will work on the annual strategy of energy transition under the mandate of the committee.
- Mr Singh reiterated that States and UTs have a vital role in meeting state-specific goals on sustainable development in the most energy-efficient way. He added that the energy transition is the only means of reducing carbon emissions and fulfilling our commitments made at international forums.
- The Minister informed that some states like Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttarakhand have already constituted such committees.
- Mr Singh highlighted that for energy transition, the States and Union Territories have to work together on multiple tracks. He urged the States to make efforts for zero diesel in agriculture by 2024 by limiting the consumption of diesel in the agriculture sector.
GoI Caps Sugar Exports To Ensure Domestic Availability
- The Union Government has decided to put a cap on sugar exports to ensure domestic availability. Briefing media in New Delhi today, Food Secretary Sudhanshu Pandey said, India’s exports have reached a record high in this season and now domestic availability has to be ensured during October – November as consumption increases in the festive season.
- He said, the decision has been taken in view of the global situation which may trigger the demand for sugar. Mr. Pandey added, that it should not be seen as a curb.
- Earlier, the Centre decided to allow export of sugar upto 100 Lakh Metric Tonnes.
- As per the order issued by Directorate General of Foreign Trade, with effect from 1st of June till 31st of October this year the export of the sugar will be allowed with specific permission.
7th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting
- Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi has said that India with its diverse cultural expression ensures to provides a platform for the BRICS countries to familiarize cultural values through exchange programmes. She was speaking at the 7th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting yesterday hosted by China through a video conference.
- Ms Lekhi said India believes in diversity of cultural heritage and intercultural dialogue. She asserted that India strongly advocates a sustainable and resilient environment integrating heritage and traditional knowledge into innovative and culture-based solutions to environmental concerns.
- The discussion was held for advancement and expansion of cultural activities amongst BRICS countries under the theme “Establishing a Cultural Partnership Featuring Inclusiveness and Mutual Learning among BRICS”.
- The areas of focus of the discussion were promoting the development and cooperation on cultural digitalization, strengthening cooperation on cultural heritage protection, and advancing the building of cultural exchange platforms of BRICS countries.
- The Ministers adopted the BRICS Action Plan 2022-2026 to further strengthen the cultural cooperation and implement the BRICS Cultural Cooperation Agreement signed in 2015.
Govt Serious Restaurants Charging Service Charges
- The Department of Consumer Affairs has cautioned restaurants on forced charging of service charges on consumers.
- In a letter written by Secretary, Department of Consumer Affairs Rohit Kumar Singh to President of National Restaurant Association of India, it has been pointed out that the restaurants and eateries are collecting service charges from consumers by default, even though the collection of any such charge is Voluntary.
- It has been pointed out that the consumers are forced to pay a service charge, often fixed at arbitrarily high rates by restaurants.
- He said, consumers, are also being falsely misled on the legality of such charges and harassed by restaurants on making a request to remove such charges from the bill amount.
- The Department of Consumer Affairs has called a meeting on 2nd of next month, with the National Restaurant Association of India to discuss the issues pertaining to Service charges levied by restaurants.
WHO DG Tedros Re-elected For Second Term
- World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has been reelected for the second term. In a tweet, the WHO said, the World Health Assembly Member states re-elected Dr Tedros to serve a second five-year term as Director-General of the WHO.
- His new mandate officially commences on 16th August, this year. His re-election was confirmed during the 75th World Health Assembly in Geneva.
- He was the sole candidate. Dr Tedros was first elected in 2017.
- After re-election, Dr. Tedros said, he is humbled by the opportunity provided by Member States to serve a second term.
- He is committed to working with all countries, his colleagues around the world, and his valued partners, to ensure WHO delivers on its mission to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, he added.
Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam Remembered On His Jayanthi
- Kazi Nazrul Islam (24 May 1899 – 29 August 1976) was a Bangladeshi poet, writer, and musician, and is the national poet of Bangladesh.
- Nazrul is regarded as one of the greatest poets in Bengali literature.
- Popularly known as Nazrul, he produced a large body of poetry, music, messages, novels, stories, etc. with themes that included equality, justice, anti-imperialism, humanity, rebellion against oppression, and religious devotion.
- Nazrul’s activism for political and social justice as well as writing a poem titled “Bidrohi”, meaning “the rebel” in Bengali, earned him the title of “Bidrohi Kobi” (Rebel Poet).
- His compositions form the avant-garde music genre of Nazrul Geeti (Music of Nazrul).
- Supercomputer Param Shakti
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
- Supercomputer Param Pravega
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Lucknow
- IISc Bengaluru
- IIT Roorkee
- Supercomputer Param Ganga
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Lucknow
- IISc Bengaluru
- IIT Roorkee
- National Supercomputing Mission Launched In
- ____ Was Known As Bidrohi Kobi” (Rebel Poet)
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Kazi Nazrul Islam
- Satyendranath Tagore
- Surendranath Banerjee
- The Ancestral House of Subhash Chandra Bose Is Now Turned Into
- Netaji Bhavan
- Netaji Museum
- Netaji Sadan
- Netaji Sangrahalaya
- Who among the following leaders joined Subhash Chandra Bose to establish the All-India Forward Bloc and participated in the INA Movement?
- Baikuntha Shukla
- JP Narayan
- Ram Narayan Prasad
- Sheel Bhadra Yajee
- ‘Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar’ is awarded by which Union Ministry?
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Corporate affairs
- In which year, Azad Hind Radio service was started under Subhash Chandra Bose in Germany?
- Who was defeated by Subhash Chandra Bose during his re-election as President of INC at the Tripuri Session in 1939?
- Pattabhi Sitaramayya
- Rajendra Prasad
- Abul Kalam Azad
- Which of the following statements is not correct about the book Indian struggle written by Subhash Chandra Bose?
- It covers the period of India’s Struggle for freedom between 1920 and 1942.
- It comprises the Haripura (1938) and Tripura (1939) sessions.
- It has a chapter ‘The Gandhi-Irwin Pact and after
- It depicts the comprehensive history of the Peasant Movement in India.
- The I.N.A. was organized by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose at which of the following places?
- ______ conferred Bose with the title “Prince among the Patriots” in 1942.
- Gopal Hari Deshmukh
- M K Gandhi
- C R Das
- B G Tilak
- In which of the following countries “Subhash Chandra Bose” organized the “Tiger Legion”?
- Where did Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose establish the Provisional Government of Free India?
- Commission of Inquiry on the alleged disappearance of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose?
- Nanavati Commission
- Mukherjee Commission
- Liberahan Commission
- Justice Sivasubramaniam Commission
- How Many Times India Has Chaired BRICS Summits
- The Term Was Originally Coined In 2001 As “BRIC” By
- Jim O’Neill
- John Keynes
- Adam Smith
- David Ricardo
- When Was The First BRICS Summit Held
- Russia, 2009
- India, 2008
- Brazil, 2009
- China, 2008
- Current Chair For BRICS 2022 Is
- South Africa
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]