In Current Affairs for 01 December 2023, we will see the latest national and international current affairs news. These important current affairs will be beneficial for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air Force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air Force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article. Let us now see the Current Affairs.
Current Affairs 01 December 2023
First Ever Auction Of Critical Mineral Blocks
- Union Minister for Mines Pralhad Joshi has launched the first-ever tranche auction of critical mineral blocks at a function in New Delhi.
- Twenty blocks of critical and strategic minerals are being auctioned in the first tranche.
- The blocks include Graphite, Lithium, Molybednum, nickel, Copper and Potash.
- They are located in Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat.
- Joshi said that it is a landmark initiative that will boost India’s economy, enhance national security and support its transition to clean energy. Later talking to reporters, the Minister said, the estimated value of the 100 blocks of critical and strategic minerals which have been identified up till now is 45,000 crore rupees.
- The auction will be held online through a transparent two-stage ascending forward auction process.
World Bank Funded
- World Bank funded National Agricultural Higher Education Project and Indian Agricultural Research Project New Delhi, Modern Agricultural Science Technology Center for Climate Adapted Agriculture and Water Management has been launched at Mahatma Phule Agricultural University, Rahuri in Ahmadnagar district of Maharashtra.
- Under this project, the faculty working in Mahatma Phule Agricultural University will be trained in the use of drones, robots, IOT, artificial intelligence, geographic systems, remote sensing, earth engines, etc.
- A foreign tour in Thailand has been organized under the guidance of Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Phule Agricultural University Dr. P.G.Patil for training in modern agricultural technology.
Anganwadi Protocol For Divyang Children
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smriti Irani launched the National Outreach Programme on Anganwadi Protocol for Divyang Children.
- The Protocol embraces a Social Model for Divyangjan Inclusive Nutrition Care.
- It includes screening for early disability signs, inclusion in community events, and referral support through ASHA and ANM teams.
- The aim of this protocol is to ensure overall improvement in children’s wellbeing through early intervention, specialized support and services for infants and young children with disability, and educating and supporting families and communities to improve divyang children’s participation.
- Addressing the gathering on the occasion, the Minister said, for the first time, the Anganwadi workers will help in the screening of children for identifying any kind of disabilities.
- She informed that at least one lakh such children will be benefitted annually through this programme. She said, the government will make the child care socially acceptable and affordable.
UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award
- Abdullahi Mire, a Somali refugee, has been named the 2023 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award Global Laureate for his work championing the right to education for displaced children.
- Mire, who grew up in the Dadaab refugee camps in Kenya, has put over 100,000 books in the hands of displaced children and youth in the country.
- He will be presented with the award at a ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland, on December 13, 2023.
- The UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award was established in 1954 to honor the legacy of Fridtjof Nansen, a Norwegian scientist, polar explorer, diplomat, and the first High Commissioner for Refugees for the League of Nations.
- The award is presented annually to an individual or organization for outstanding service to refugees.
India’s First Telecom Center of Excellence
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given approval for the establishment of the country’s inaugural Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur.
- The foundation stone for this groundbreaking initiative is set to be laid on December 5, 2023, marking a significant leap in telecom and technology innovation.
- With the establishment of the Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh takes a significant stride towards technological advancement, innovation, and self-reliance in the telecom sector.
- This initiative holds the promise of not only transforming the technological landscape in the region but also contributing to India’s global standing in telecommunications and related industries.
Join AFCAT 1 2024 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
Join CDS 1 2024 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
Join NDA 1 2024 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
Enroll In Our SSB Interview CourseCurrent Affairs 28 November 2023 QuestionsCurrent Affairs 29 November 2023 Questions
Modi Govt Plans 7 New Bills For Winter Session
- The upcoming Winter Session of the Parliament is poised to witness significant legislative activity, with the Narendra Modi government planning to introduce seven new Bills alongside addressing 11 pending bills.
- The proposed legislations cover a diverse range of topics, from establishing a Central Tribal University in Telangana to providing women’s quota in Jammu and Kashmir and Puducherry Assemblies. Central University (Amendment) Bill, 2023.
- One of the key proposals is The Central University (Amendment) Bill, 2023, aiming to establish a Central Tribal University in Telangana. This move reflects the government’s commitment to education and inclusivity.
- Another noteworthy initiative is The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2023, which seeks to implement a 33% quota for women in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, emphasizing gender representation in the political landscape.
- Addressing the issue of gender representation, The Government of Union Territories (Amendment) Bill, 2023, aims to provide a 33% women’s quota in the Puducherry Assembly.
- The government is also set to introduce The Central Goods and Services Tax (Second Amendment) Bill, 2023, aimed at incorporating the recommendations of the GST Council, reflecting the commitment to tax reforms.
- The National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second Amendment Bill, 2023, seeks to extend the validity of existing laws, offering protection against punitive action for certain forms of unauthorized development in the national capital.
- In an effort to enhance safety regulations, the Boilers Bill, 2023, will revisit a 1923 law related to the safety of life and property. The government emphasizes the need to review and re-enact this legislation for contemporary relevance.
- Similarly, The Provisional Collection of Taxes Bill, 2023, is set to re-enact a 1931 law, indicating the government’s commitment to revisiting and updating existing legislation.
Nepal – Register Same Sex Marriage
- The Constitution of Nepal, adopted in 2015, took a bold step by explicitly prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Nepal became the first South Asian country to formally register a case of same-sex marriage.
- This event occurred in the Dordi Rural Municipality of Lamjung district in Western Nepal, where the union of trans-woman Maya Gurung, 35, and gay man Surendra Pandey, 27, was legally recognized.
- In 2007, Nepal’s Supreme Court had already set the stage by allowing same-sex marriage, laying the foundation for the recent groundbreaking development.
- Fast forward to June 27, 2023, when the Supreme Court issued an interim order in response to a writ petition, temporarily legalizing same-sex marriage.
- This interim order marked a significant leap toward the official recognition of the rights of the LGBTQ+ community in Nepal.
India Grassroots Innovation Forum
- The 4th edition of the annual ASEAN India Grassroots Innovation Forum (AIGIF) took place in Langkawi, Malaysia, showcasing the collaborative efforts of India and the 10 ASEAN Member States (AMS) in the fields of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI).
- With the participation of 200 representatives, this year’s AIGIF aimed to strengthen the relationship between the nations and promote social innovations at the grassroots level.
- The AIGIF is an annual program designed to foster cooperation in STI between India and AMS.
- It not only provides a platform for showcasing social innovations but also contributes to strengthening governance in grassroots innovation ecosystems.
- The collaborative initiative involves the ASEAN Committee on Science, Technology and Innovation Foundation (NIF) – India and the host nation’s Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), with the Yayasan Inovasi Malaysia (YIM) executing the AIGIF in 2023.
Current Affairs 01 December 2023 Questions
- Which Union Minister Launched Auction Of Critical Mineral Blocks
A. Pralhad Joshi
B. Smriti Irani
C. Piyush Goyal
D. Jyotiraditya Scindia
- Where Is Inaugural Telecom Center Of Excellence In India Set To Be Established
B. Tamil Nadu
C. Uttar Pradesh
- Which Country Will Host Ceremony To Present 2023 Nansen Refugee Award
- Who Is Awarded With Nansen Refugee Award 2023
A. Abdullah Habib
B. Sahat Zia Hero
C. Salim Khan
D. Abdullahi Mire
- Which South Asian Country Became 1st To Formally Register A Case Of Same sex Marriage
- The Primary Purpose Of The Central University (Amendment) Bill, 2023
A. Implementing Gender Quotas In Education
B. Reforming The Central University Structure
C. Establishing A Central Tribal University In Telangana
D. Promoting Vocational Training In Universities
- What Is Primary Aim Of ASEAN India Grassroots Innovation Forum
A. Strengthening Cultural Ties Between India And ASEAN Nations
B. Promoting Social Innovations In Science And Technology
C. Enhancing Political Cooperation Among Member States
D. Encouraging Economic Reforms In India And ASEAN Nations
- ASEAN India Grassroots Innovation Forum 2023 Take Place At
A. New Delhi, India
B. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
C. Langkawi, Malaysia
D. Mumbai, India
- ‘Mahima Cult’ Is Religious Movement, Originated In Which State
D. West Bengal
- Lokhimon Faith Is Associated With Which Indian State/UT
- Meitei Mayek Script Is Associated With Which State
- Bondvol Lake, Seen In The News, Is Located In Which State
- Which Institution Released The ‘FASTER 2.0’ Portal
A. Election Commission of India
C. Supreme Court of India
D. NITI Aayog
- Which City Is Host Of World Climate Action Summit 2023
A. New Delhi
- ‘Cairns Group’, Seen In News, Associated With Countries Of Which Category
A. Agricultural Exporting
B. Oil Exporting
C. Milk Exporting
D. Meat Exporting
- Which Country Won The Davis Cup For The First Time Since 1976
- Which Ministry Awarded Special Appreciation Medal For Excellence In Display At IITF 2023
A. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
B. Ministry of Home Affairs
C. Ministry of External Affairs
D. Ministry of Power
- Which Indian State Is Hosting The Second Edition Of Ultimate Kho Kho
D. Tamil Nadu
- Which Country Recently Decided To Abandon Its Law Aimed At Banning Smoking For Future Generations
A. New Zealand
D. United Kingdom
- Which Among The Following Peaks Is NOT Located In Nepal Himalayas
B. Mount Everest
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs July 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs June 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2023 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]