In today’s 10 August 2022 Defence Current affairs and updates, we are going to see the latest defense-related updates on national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 10 August 2022
US To Host Security Exercise To Stop Flow Of Weapons Of Mass Destruction
- The United States will host Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI) Exercise Fortune Guard 22 on August 8-12, 2022, in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Fortune Guard 22 is part of the PSI’s Asia-Pacific Exercise Rotation series. The exercise will bring together 21 countries to address the full range of weapons of mass destruction counterproliferation interdiction-related activities, from whole-of-government rapid decision-making to operational interdiction, seizure, and disposition.
- Fortune Guard 22 will feature expert briefs; a scenario-based tabletop discussion; a chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear response subject-matter-expert information exchange; and live exercises to demonstrate Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) interdiction capabilities.
- Fortune Guard is the U.S. contribution to the Asia-Pacific Exercise Rotation series, which the United States inaugurated in 2014. Each of the Asia-Pacific Exercise Rotation host countries hosts their own exercises: Pacific Protector in Australia; Pacific Shield in Japan; Maru in New Zealand; Deep Sabre in Singapore; and Eastern Endeavor in the Republic of Korea.
TN: IAF Conducts 9-day Induction Publicity Drive In Coimbatore
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted Induction Publicity Exhibition Vehicle Drive (IPEV) program on August 8 across south India to motivate aspiring youth to join Indian Air Force as officers.
- The nine-day program will continue till August 17.
- The Induction Publicity Exhibition Vehicle of IAF is transiting through different parts of southern India.
- Air Force Administrative College Coimbatore has been designated as the nodal station for conducting the drive in the Coimbatore region.
- The IPEV is equipped, with a flight simulator zone, experience and information zone, flying accessories and a pictorial display of information and other aspects related to career opportunities in IAF. The IPEV special publicity drive benefitted more than 2500 students who were curious to learn various facets of the Indian Air Force.
Army Looks To Reduce Troops By 2 Lakh, Deployment In Kashmir Could Be Rejigged
- The Army is looking to reduce its strength by nearly two lakh over a period of the next two years which could also see a rejig of the Rashtriya Rifles, the anti-terror units in Jammu and Kashmir, apart from some static units.
- Defence and security establishment said that the Army wanted to bring down its strength from 12.8 lakh strong to around 10.8 lakh.
- “On an average, around 60,000 personnel retire every year from the Army. The Agnipath scheme would only fill in a part of the shortfall and this is by design”.
- Under the new policy, restructuring in the deployment of Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu and Kashmir was being considered.
- While the Union Territory has about 63 RR Battalions, it is unique from other units of the Army. Each RR battalion has six companies compared to four of a regular infantry formation, and each Company — comprising 100 to 150 troops — is headed by a Major.
- “The aim was to make up for operational deficiencies, even as the re-balancing of additional forces to the northern borders and infrastructure upgrade was fast-tracked to counter the China threat”.
Chile Maybe the New Receiver of Brahmos Missile
- A high-level delegation with senior officers from the Indian navy and the MoD will participate in the Expo-Naval scheduled to take place from November 29- December 3, 2022.
- The South American nation has expressed interest in the coastal, naval as well as air version of the missile. It has expressed interest in mobile autonomous launchers for coastal defence batteries, ship-based weapons complex for submarines and frigates.
- “There has been lot of interest for ship and shore-based platforms. With its reduced size BrahMos NG (Next Generation) can be accommodated in a number of sea and air platforms.”
- The BrahMos is a medium-range stealth ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarine, ships, aircraft or land, notably being the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world.
Jaishankar, Ukraine Counterpart Discuss Russia War; India Assures Speedy Humanitarian Aid
- Amid the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, India’s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on August 8 spoke to his Ukrainian counterpart Dmytro Kuleba and discussed recent developments in the conflict and its continuing global repercussions.
- The two ministers also discussed ways to strengthen bilateral cooperation between India and Ukraine and focussed on the safety and security of Indian students.
- Notably, since the beginning of the war, India has repeatedly called for the cessation of hostilities and an end to violence. While in May, India provided over 7,725 kg of humanitarian aid comprising medicines and medical equipments to Ukraine.
- Immediately after the breakup of the Soviet Union, the Government of India recognized the Republic of Ukraine as a sovereign independent country in December 1991.
- The Embassy of India in Kyiv was established in May 1992 and Ukraine opened its Mission in New Delhi in February 1993.
- India and Ukraine enjoy warm and friendly relations and cooperate in areas like Education, Mutual Legal Assistance and Outer Space cooperation.
- Ukraine has been a source of military technology and equipment for India since its independence.
- Ukraine manufactures the R-27 air-to-air missiles which are in use by the IAF on its SU-30MKI fighters.
- Now, India is also supplying its weapons to Ukraine to enhance defence cooperation between the two countries.
- India is Ukraine’s largest export destination in the Asia-Pacific and the fifth largest overall export destination.
- Pharmaceuticals account for the majority of Indian exports to Ukraine.
- F 18 Super Hornet Fighter Aircraft Manufactured By
- Lockheed Martin
- Which of the following is the Parent Agency of MOD?
- Delhi Police
- Defence Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL) Centre Is Located In
- Hyderabad, Telangana
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Tezpur, Assam
- Indian National Committee for Space Research Was The Former Name of Which Organisation?
- None of the above
- IAI Harpy Is A
- None of the above
- Operation Safed Sagar Was Launched In
- INS Kadamba Is An Indian Navy Base Located At
- Karwar in Karnataka
- Mumbai, M.H.
- Marmugao, Goa
- Kochi, Kerala
- KONKAN Ex Conducted B/W India And
- Sri Lanka
- L-HAV Stands For
- Lance Havildar
- Loco Havildar
- Lake Havildar
- The Hawker Siddeley HS 748 is a
- Machine Gun
- Transport Aircraft
- Duty, Honour, Courage Is The Motto Of
- Maratha Light Infantry
- The Grenadiers
- Rajput Regiment
- Jat Regiment
- Prahaar Missile Manufactured By
- SCALP Missile Is Developed By
- India Purchased Sako .338 TRG-42 Sniper Rifles From
- Who Became The First Woman Combat Aviator In The Indian Army? “
- Major Payal Goyal
- Flight Lt. Bhavana Singh
- Flight Lt. Avani Chaturvedi
- Captain Abhilasha Barak
- “Old Man and the Sea” Book Is Written By
- Ruskin Bond
- Ernest Hemingway
- Challenger 2 Is A Tank Of
- Sri Lanka
- Havana Is The Capital Of
- India Purchased Jaguar Fighter Aircraft from
- None of the above
- Full-Form of ATAGS Is
- Adventure Towed Artillery Gun System
- Advanced To Artillery Gun System
- Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System
- Advanced Towed Artillery Gum System
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]