Today’s 20-21st November 2022 Defence Current Affairs and Updates will show us the latest defense-related news about national and international current events. These current events and questions will be very helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, CDS OTA, AFCAT, TA, Agniveer Army, Agniveer Navy, Agniveer Air force, Women Military Police, INET, MNS, ACC exams, SCO, PCSL, CAPF, and SSB interviews, and direct entries for Army, Navy, and Air force like SSC Tech, TGC, JAG, NCC, TES, 10+2 Cadet. Download a PDF file about current events at the end of this article.
Defence Current Affairs 20-21 November 2022
ASEAN Defence Ministers Plus meeting
- At the invitation of Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of National Defence of Cambodia Samdech Pichey Sena TEA Banh, Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will pay an official visit to Cambodia from November 22-23, 2022.
- Cambodia, as the chair of ASEAN Defence Ministers Plus (ADMM Plus) meeting is hosting the 9th annual meeting at Siem Reap, Cambodia and the Raksha Mantri will address the forum on November 23, 2022. He will also call on the Prime Minister of Cambodia.
- To commemorate 30 years of India-ASEAN relations, India and Cambodia will co-chair the maiden India-ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting on November 22, 2022, presided over by Shri Rajnath Singh. Various initiatives to boost India-ASEAN partnership are planned to be announced during the meeting.
- India became the dialogue partner of ASEAN in 1992 and the inaugural ADMM-Plus was convened in Hanoi, Vietnam on October 12, 2010. Since 2017, ADMM-Plus Ministers have been meeting annually to further the dialogue and cooperation amongst ASEAN and the Plus countries. India and ASEAN have elevated their relationship to ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’ in November 2022.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Join AFCAT 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join CDS 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Join NDA 1 2023 Exam Daily Live Classes: Book Your Seat [MUST ENROLL]
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
Session of 3rd “No Money For Terror” Conference
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the first session of the 3rd ‘No Money for Terror’ Ministerial Conference on the ‘Global Trends in Terrorist Financing and Terrorism’ theme in New Delhi today. In his opening address, the Union Home Minister said that terrorism is, undoubtedly, the most serious threat to global peace and security, but, the financing of terrorism is more dangerous than terrorism itself because the ‘Means and Methods’ of terrorism are nurtured from such funding. Furthermore, the financing of terrorism weakens the economy of countries of the world.
- Shri Amit Shah said that India condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and we believe that no reason can justify an act, such as taking innocent lives. While expressing his sympathy for the victims of terrorist attacks all over the world, he said that we should never compromise with this evil.
- Union Home Minister said that India has been a victim of terrorism for several decades, which is sponsored from across the border. He said that Indian security forces and civilians have had to deal with incidents of extremely serious terrorist violence perpetrated in a sustained and coordinated manner.
- Shri Shah said that the international community has a collective approach that terrorism must be condemned in all its forms, but, the forms and manifestations of terrorism are continuously evolving due to technological revolution. He said that today, terrorists and terrorist groups understand the nuances of modern weapons & information technology, and the dynamics of the cyber & financial space very well, and use them. He said that this transformation of terrorism from “Dynamite to Metaverse” and “AK-47 to Virtual Assets” is definitely a matter of concern for the countries of the world, and, we all must work together to formulate a common strategy against it. Shri Shah added that we also recognize that the threat of terrorism cannot and should not be linked to any religion, nationality, or group.
- Union Home Minister said that unfortunately, there are countries that seek to undermine, or even hinder, our collective resolve to fight terrorism. He said that we have seen that some countries protect and shelter terrorists, protecting a terrorist is equivalent to promoting terrorism. He said that it will be our collective responsibility that such elements never succeed in their intentions. Shri Shah said that after August, 2021, the situation in South Asian region has changed and the regime change and the growing influence of Al Qaeda & ISIS have emerged as a significant challenge to regional security.
- He stated that these new equations have made the problem of terror financing more serious. Shri Shah said that three decades ago, the whole world has had to bear the serious consequences of one such regime change, the result of which we all have seen in the horrific attack of 9/11. He said that in this background, last year’s changes in the South Asian region are a matter of concern for all of us. He added that along with Al Qaeda, organizations in South Asia like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed continue to spread terror.
- Union Home Minister said that the problem of financing of terrorism has become widespread. He said that in the last few years, India has succeeded in cracking down on terror financing. India’s strategy against the financing of terrorism is based on these six pillars:
- Strengthening the Legislative and Technological Framework
- Creation of a Comprehensive Monitoring Framework
- Actionable intelligence sharing mechanism and strengthening of the investigation and police operations
- Provision for confiscation of property
- Prevent misuse of legal entities and new technologies, and,
- Establishing international cooperation and coordination
Assam Rifles Holds Meet In Shillong To Discuss Operational Efficiency
- Top officials of Assam Rifles met in Shillong for discussions focused on improving the operational and administrative efficiency of the force, a spokesperson said on Saturday.
- It also deliberated on ensuring that the ‘Sentinels of the northeast’ as the para-military force is known as, continue to work closely with the people to maintain peace and tranquillity, he added.
- The discussions were held as part of the Assam Rifles Inspector Generals’ Conference 2022 at HQ, directorate general of Assam Rifles, on Friday. It was chaired by director general, Assam Rifles, Lt Gen PC Nair, and attended by formation commanders, battalion commanders and staff officers of the force.
- The Assam Rifles is a central paramilitary force responsible for border security, counter-insurgency, and maintaining law and order in Northeast India. It guards the Indo-Myanmar border.
- Founded: 1835
- Motto: Sentinels of the North East
- Number of employees: 65,143
- Headquarters: Shillong, Meghalaya, India
- Annual budget: ₹6658.41 crore (2022-23)
- Parent agency: Central Armed Police Forces
Israel, India Conduct Joint Security Drill In Delhi To Prepare Against Terror Attacks
- The Embassy of Israel in India in collaboration with Indian security forces conducted their biggest joint security drill in New Delhi last week to ensure the preparedness and potency of contingency plans for any sort of terrorist attacks in the future.
- The exercise aimed to harmonize and test the preparedness of all the security forces to counter any likely future threats. The joint security drill involved the participation of the MHA, the Delhi Police, the NSG, and local emergency forces such as the fire department, traffic police, etc.
- India established diplomatic relations with Israel in 1992 and since then the relationship has evolved into a multi-dimensional partnership. “The relations started a little bit slower than hoped, but the big change in 1992 established full diplomatic relations between the two countries,” said Gilon.
Indian Army Issues Tenders To Buy 62,500 Bulletproof Jackets
- Amid the threat of the use of steel core bullets by terrorists in India, the Indian Army has issued tenders for acquiring 62,500 bulletproof jackets (BPJs) for its frontline troops which would be able to protect them from such bullets.
- The Ministry of Defence has issued two separate tenders for these jackets under Make in India including one for 47,627 jackets under the normal route and the other one for 15,000 jackets under emergency procurement procedures which would be finalized in the next three to four months.
- The specifications listed by the Army state that the BPJs should be able to protect a soldier against 7.62 mm armor-piercing rifle ammunition as well as steel core bullets fired from a distance of 10 meters.
- In a few of the incidents in the Kashmir valley, terrorists used American armor-piercing bullets in encounters with Indian security forces and were successful in breaching the bulletproof jackets of soldiers.
- The APBs along with the M-16 assault rifles and M-4 carbines have been left behind in huge numbers by the retreating American Army which quit Afghanistan, 20 years after it started the war against terror. Following its retreat, Afghanistan fell into Taliban control.
India’s 9mm “Asmi” Machine Pistol Likely To Go Into Production
- Defense Acquisition Council has accorded the Acceptance of Necessity for the procurement of 5,000 9×19 Machine Pistol under Buy (Indian) category through the Fast Track Procurement route. India’s first indigenous 9mm Machine Pistol has been jointly developed by DRDO and Indian Army seems to be the preferred candidate.
- “Asmi” means “Pride”, “Self-Respect” & “Hard Work” and has been cleared by the Indian Army after extensive user trials and will cost less than 50000 INR and has huge export potential when it enters full-scale production.
- 9mm Machine Pistols are usually given as personal weapons of choice of commanders, tank and aircraft crews, drivers and dispatch riders, radio or radar operators, closed quarter battles, counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations, etc.
Second Private Rocket Launch From India Next Month
- Skyroot Aerospace became the first India’s space sector start-up to successfully launch the Vikram-S rocket, which reached an altitude of 89.5 km. But Chennai-based Agnikul Cosmos is not far behind and is set to test its Agnibaan-1 rocket in a suborbital flight sometime next month.
- Srinath Ravichandra, the co-founder of Agnikul, said that they plan to carry out the first launch of Agnibaan before the end of this year Earlier this month, Agnikul received a flight termination system from the ISRO, the first-ever such transfer for a launch vehicle developed by the private sector.
- Agnikul instead of using ISRO’s launch facility has developed “Dhanush” – the launch pedestal – to support full mobility across all configurations of Agnibaan. Dhanush was built and conceived as a separate product that enables the process of launching to be reliable and repeatable with consistency.
- 3rd “No Money For Terror” Conference Held In
- New Delhi
- __Became First India’s Space Sector Start-up To Successfully Launch The Vikram-s Rocket.
- Skyroot Aerospace
- Sagar Defence
- Assam Rifles Guards The _____ Border.
- Ex BLUE FLAG Conducted B/W India &
- Army Air Defence College Is At
- Military College of Telecommunication Engineering Is At
- Helina Is A
- Anti Tank Guided Missile
- Joint Exercises B/w India And Brazil and South Africa Is Called:
- Yudha Abhyas
- RATS Stands For
- Regional Anti-Terrorist Student
- Regional Anti-Terror Structure
- Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure
- Regional Anti-Tourist Structure
- Abdali-I SRBM Is Belong To
- North Korea
- None of the above
- MARCOS Motto Is
- The Few, The Fearless
- Always Brave
- INS Sumedha Is Manufactured By
- Ex ‘Nomadic Elephant’ conducted b/w India &
- Santiago Is The Capital Of
- “Savarkar: Echoes From A Forgotten Past, 1883-1924″ Book Is Written By
- Vikram Sampath
- Peter Baker
- Satyarth Nayak
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- HQ of Northern Command Is In
- ‘Swathi’ Is A
- Military Aircraft
- Weapon Locating Radar
- Nuclear Bomb
- ___ Separates Pakistan & Afghanistan.
- McMahon Line
- Hindenburg Line
- Radcliffe Line
- Durand Line
- Air Commodore Of IAF Is Equivalent To The Which Rank Of Indian Army?
- Lt. Colonel
- Which Of The Following Is A Land-locked Harbour?
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- October 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- September 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- August 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- July 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- June 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- May 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- April 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- March 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- February 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]
- January 2022 Monthly Defence Current Affairs And Updates [DOWNLOAD PDF]