Ministry of Defence and the US Department of Defence signed a Project Agreement (PA) for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (ALUAV) under the Joint Working Group Air Systems in the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) on July 30, 2021.
Must Read: Indian Army To Get More Than 100 ‘Explosive-Laden Drones’ To Carry Balakot Type Missions
The PA for ALUAV falls under the Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) Memorandum of Agreement between the Ministry of Defence and US Department of Defence, which was first signed in January 2006 and renewed in January 2015. The agreement is a significant step towards deepening defence technology collaboration between the two nations through the co-development of defence equipment.
The main aim of DTTI is to bring sustained leadership focus to promote collaborative technology exchange and create opportunities for co-production and co-development of future technologies for Indian and US military forces. Under DTTI, Joint Working Groups on land, naval, air, and aircraft carrier technologies have been established to focus on mutually agreed projects in respective domains. The PA for co-development of ALUAV has been overseen by the Joint Working Group on Air Systems and is a major accomplishment for DTTI.
The PA outlines the collaboration between Air Force Research Laboratory, Indian Air Force, and Defence Research and Development Organisation towards design, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation of systems to co-develop an ALUAV Prototype. The Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) at DRDO and the Aerospace Systems Directorate at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), along with the Indian and US Air Forces, are the principal organisations for the execution of PA.
The agreement was signed by the co-chairs of the Joint Working Group Air Systems under DTTI, Assistant Chief of Air Staff for Plans Air Vice Marshal Narmdeshwar Tiwari from the Indian Air Force and Director, Air Force Security Assistance and Cooperation Directorate Brigadier General Brian R. Bruckbauer from the US Air Force.
All About Recent Developments in Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (ALUAV)
- Project Agreement signed between Ministry of Defence & US Department of Defence under Defence Technology & Trade Initiative
- Significant step towards deepening defence technology cooperation between India & US
- Outlines collaboration between Indian Air Force & DRDO towards design, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation of systems to co-develop ALUAV Prototype
- Indian Army To Get More Than 100 ‘Explosive-Laden Drones’ To Carry Balakot Type Missions
- All About India’s First Indigenously Developed Naval Anti Drone System (NADS)
- 30 Key Features Of Drone Rules 2021
- Importance Of Drones In The Indian Subcontinent
- Indian Army To Get Drones From Israel And America For Surveillance Along China Border
- Indian Navy Inducts Two American Predator Drones, Can Be Deployed On China Border
- India Navy’s Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV)
- All About HAL’s High Altitude Pseudo Satellites (HAPS): India’s Futuristic Defence Satellite
Leave a Reply