Indian Army has published the SSC Tech notification for the engineering graduates, both male and female candidates can apply for the SSC Tech entry and join the Officers Training Academy Chennai. SSC Tech is a special entry for the male and female engineering students, there is no written exam and if shortlisted, you will get a call letter for direct SSB Interview. Candidates are shortlisted based on their aggregate percentage till 6th Semester i.e. pre-final year. Each branch will get a separate cut off and if you clear the respective cut off, you will be called for the SSB interview. We will talk more about the SSC 55 Tech Men and SSC 26 Tech Women notification below.
Defence Exams Online Courses
- NDA 2020 Online Course
- CDS 2020 Online Course
- AFCAT 2020 Online Course
- INET 2020 Online Course
- Territorial Army 2020 Online Course
- Airmen Group X and Y Online Course
Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. The course will commence in Oct 2020 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- For SSC(Tech)- 55 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 26 Women. 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2020 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 93 and 01 Oct 2000, both days inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Oct 2020.
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Oct 2020 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid. Note. For induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below. To become eligible for induction into SSC(Tech)-55 (Men) course and SSC(Tech)-26 (Women) course at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, candidates studying in final year of Engineering must ensure that he/ she submits the proof of passing Engineering degree exam by 01 Oct 2020 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained upto 6 th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer Science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut off percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage-1 will go to Stage-2. Those who fail in Stage-1 will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage-2.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.