After clearing the written exam, the next big step is to clear the SSB Interview. The Services Selection Board Interview is conducted to further filter out candidates who can join the armed forces.
The SSB Interview is conducted by the SSB Board, Ministry of Defence, and is spanned over a period of five days.
In order to prepare for the SSB Interview, one must know what exactly the procedure of the interview is, and should prepare accordingly.
Also Check: 16 Must Carry Items For SSB Interview
The SSB Interview is divided into two stages:
Stage A includes the Intelligence Test, verbal and non-verbal, Picture Perception and Description Test, and a Discussion of the Picture.
Stage B includes Psychological Tests which inculcate the Thematic Apperception Test, Word Association Test, Word Reaction Test and Self-Description Test. Stage B further includes the Group Discussion, Group Planning Exercise, Progressive Group Task, Group Obstacle Race, Half Group Task, Lecturette, Individual Tasks, Command Task and the Final Group Task.
Now that the procedure of the SSB Interview is clear, let us look at how to prepare for the same.
Here are some tips on how to prepare for the SSB Interview:
1. Know the pattern of the SSB Interview thoroughly: In order to crack the interview, one must know exactly what is going to be asked, what tasks are going to be conducted, and be mentally prepared to be evaluated for a period of five days.
2. Practice: Practice makes perfect. The internet is always available with various questions and tasks that have been conducted at SSB Interviews and one can also avail first-hand knowledge from candidates who have been recommended. Practicing creative writing and public speaking is of utmost importance. When you speak, you should be able to put your point across in a manner that others can understand clearly, without any hesitation. One must work on their oratory skills. Daily physical exercise will also keep you fit to perform the fitness tasks with ease.
3. Brush up on your general knowledge: General knowledge and current affairs are two very important topics to cover thoroughly. Group discussions can be centered around a current global phenomenon or you can be questioned extensively about the land, weather and terrain of your hometown. General knowledge also comes in handy to ace to Group Planning Exercises.
4. Revise your academics: Questions in your personal interview can be asked from the portion you learnt in your 12th class or based on your graduation subject(s). You may also be evaluated on your knowledge about Indian Politics, History, Sport, Armed Forces, etc. Hence, it is always advisable to revise whatever you have learnt and go through your portions.
5. You can join a coaching institution: If you find self-study and preparation hard, joining a coaching institution is always an option. These institutions thoroughly prepare you for the SSB Interview. Study material is provided, tricky questions are given to attempt and following previous years trends and getting feedback from candidates who have previously given the SSB Interview, practice questions are given. In case of any doubt, you can always approach your mentor and they will guide you.
6. Time management: If you want to crack the SSB Interview, time management is something you have to take seriously. Judiciously divide your time for your day-to-day activities and leave ample time for your preparation. Give yourself sufficient breaks in-between; this will help in better focus. Time management is not easy to achieve, but once you find a routine that works for you, managing your preparation and other tasks become easier.
7. Make a timetable: Make yourself a study timetable and follow through with it. It can either be hourly; but this can tend to get tiresome and monotonous. You can also create a timetable to tackle different topics on different days and you can spread out your preparation throughout the day. Combing time management with an efficient timetable will keep you focused and you will also be able to make up most of your time in a productive manner.
I hope this article was helpful in understanding how to better your preparation for the SSB Interview. The SSB Interview is not easy to crack; many candidates do not crack it in their first attempt. But that does not mean it is not possible.
Hard work and determination will ensure you ace your SSB Interview in the first attempt.
All the best to all appearing for the Services Selection Board Interview.
Keep reading SSBCrackExams blog post for more such articles!
To join Indian Armed Forces as an Officer and crack the SSB interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.