The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy. It is one of the largest and most powerful navies in the world. As a blue-water navy, it operates significantly in the Persian Gulf Region and the Horn of Africa to the Strait of Malacca and routinely conducts anti-piracy operations and partnership building with other navies in the region. It also conducts routine two to three-month-long deployments in the South and East China seas as well as the western Mediterranean simultaneously. The navy has a listening post in Madagascar.
The primary objective of the navy is to safeguard the nation’s maritime borders, and in conjunction with other Armed Forces of the union, act to deter or defeat any threats or aggression against the territory, people, or maritime interests of India, both in war and peace. Through joint exercises, goodwill visits, and humanitarian missions, including disaster relief, the Indian Navy promotes bilateral relations between nations.
Recruitment into the Navy is carried out on the basis of All India Merit. The number of uniformed personnel recruited/inducted depends on the number of eligible applicants (men and women) who are able to qualify in the written test, Services Selection Board interview and medical examination, and their relative position in the Merit.
All Ways to join the Indian Navy in 2023 are as follows:
- UPSC holds examinations twice a year for Permanent Commission entry to the Indian Navy. There are two ways to go about it – The NDA (National Defense Academy)/INA (Indian Naval Academy) entry for 12th standard candidates (or pass-outs) with Physics, Chemistry Maths subjects, and the CDSE (Combined Defense Services Examination) for college graduates. Prepare For NDA Exam Online with SSBCrackExams: Enroll for NDA Exam 2023 Online Coaching. Also Check Out: NDA 1 2023 Notification And Exam Date.
- UPSC shortlists candidates after written examinations. Thereafter, candidates are sent to the Service Selection Boards located at Bengaluru, Bhopal and Coimbatore. Results of qualified candidates are forwarded to UPSC for making the final merit list. UPSE holds CDSE twice a year for Graduates. Prepare For CDS Exam Online with SSBCrackExams: Enroll for CDS Exam 2023 Online Coaching. Also Check Out: CDS 1 2023 Notification And Exam Date
Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET)
- Candidates should have passed B.E./B.Tech in any discipline with minimum 60% marks from AICTE recognized university/institute. Male and Female candidates of age group 19 to 25 are eligible. All the candidates should be unmarried and Indian citizens. Interested and eligible candidates can apply by filling up the online application on the official site of the Indian navy. This is a two-way process that has an online examination and the shortlisted candidates are called for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview. After the medical tests conducted by Indian Navy final merit list is made.
10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme
- This Scheme gives permanent commission in the Executive, Engineering, and Electrical Branches of the Indian Navy. Candidates are selected through the Services Selection Board, are sent to the Indian Naval Academy for the B Tech Course. After completion of the course, they are granted Permanent Commission in the Executive, Electrical, and Engineering branches of the Indian Navy. Prepare For Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme SSB interview with SSBCrackExams: Enroll for SSB Interview Online Coaching
NCC Entry Scheme
- University graduates possessing NCC’C’ certificate with minimum ‘B’ grading and 50% marks in the graduation degree examination are inducted in the Navy as regular commissioned officers. They are directly selected through the SSB interview only. They join the Indian Naval Academy for Naval Orientation Course (NOC) along with the CDSE cadets. Prepare For NCC Entry Online with SSBCrackExams: Enroll for SSB Interview Online Coaching
Indian Navy SSC Officer Entry Scheme
Here applications are invited and Shortlisted at IHQ of MoD (Navy). The short-listed candidates are then sent for SSB interviews. Following branches are recruited by SSC:
- Educational Branch: Permanent and Short Service Commission scheme exist for this branch.
- Engineering: Short Service Commission through University Entry Scheme (UES), Special Naval Architects Entry Scheme ( SNAES) and SSC (E) Schemes. Permanent Commission is through 10+2 (Cadet Entry Scheme).
- Electric Engineering: SSC entry through UES and SSC (L) Schemes. Permanent Commission is through 10+2 (Cadet Entry Scheme).
- Executive: Short Service Commission through University Entry and the other Short Service Commission (SSC) Schemes for Executive (GS)\ Air Traffic Control/ Law/ Logistic/ Naval Armament Inspectorate (NAI)/ Hydro/ Pilot/ Observer and also Permanent Commission for Logistic/ Law/ NAI Cadres.
- IT and Other Branches are invited based on the requirements.
- Prepare For Indian Navy SSC Officer Entry Online with SSBCrackExams: Enroll for SSB Interview Online Coaching
Special Naval Architecture Entry Scheme
- ‘Special Naval Architects Entry Scheme’ (SNAES) is a special scheme which is recently approved by the Government with the vacancy of 45 Naval Architect officers into the Naval Architecture Cadre of the Engineering Branch, as Short Service Commission (SSC) Officers.
University Entry Scheme (UES)
- In the Seventh and Eighth semester Engineering students are eligible for induction into the Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy. After shortlisting of the candidates, they are called for the Interview at the Service Selection Board. The successful candidates are put through medical tests.
Above are the ways to join the Navy in 2023, I hope it was informative and all the best.
You can prepare for defence entrance exams such as NDA, AFCAT, INET, and CDS by taking Written Online courses and also prepare for SSB Interview by taking SSB interview coaching as they will not only give you access to full-length quality lectures but will also provide the facility to take standardized mock tests for better study and strategic growth in the exam. You can take multiple quizzes after each lesson to ensure the full understanding of the subject along with creating your customized lesson plans. You can check out the course content along with other important specifics at SSBCrackExams.
You can also access them through the SSBCrackExams App available in the google play store.