In today’s 1 June 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 01 June 2022
World Milk Day
- World Milk Day is an international day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
- It has been observed on June 1 each year since 2001.
- The day is intended to provide an opportunity to bring attention to activities that relate to the dairy sector.
- In 2022, the theme of World Milk Day is to bring attention to the climate change crisis and how the dairy sector can reduce its impact on the planet.
UN Global Day Of Parents
- During the 1980s, the United Nations started to focus on issues related to the family, and how the emotional- and mental well-being of a child branches out into other spheres of development on a large scale.
- On December 9, 1989, the General Assembly passed a resolution that proclaimed the year 1994 as the International Year of the Family. In another resolution in 1993, May 15 was decided on as the day for the observance of the International Day of the Families, every year.
- On September 17, 2012, the United Nations declared June 1 as the day to observe Global Day of Parents.
- The day aims to stimulate awareness of the importance of parenthood and its role in providing protection and the tools needed for positive development in children. Parents are, after all, the first teachers and human interaction that a child is exposed to.
- Community leaders, parents, children, teachers, and family organizations get together in celebrating the day and promoting effective parenting.
11th Installment Under PM KISAN To Be Released
- A national-level event, “Garib Kalyan Sammelan”, was organized at the historic Ridge Ground in Shimla, where Prime Minister Narender Modi virtually interacted with the beneficiaries of 16 government schemes running across the country.
- On this occasion, Mr. Modi released the 11th installment of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme.
- This will enable the transfer of an amount of around 21 thousand crore rupees to more than 10 crore families of farmers.
- He also interacts with the beneficiaries of the PM-KISAN scheme across the country.
Extension Of PM Employment Generation Programme
- The government has approved continuation of the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), over the 15th Finance Commission Cycle for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26. It has been appproved with an outlay of around 13 thousand 554 crore rupees.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) is implementing the programme to facilitate generation of employment opportunities for unemployed youth across the country by assisting setting up of micro-enterprises in non-farm sector.
- Since its inception in 2008-09, about 7.8 lakh micro enterprises have been assisted with a subsidy of 19,995 crore rupees generating estimated sustainable employment for 64 lakh persons.
- The government has made modifications in the existing Scheme. It has increased the maximum project cost from existing 25 lakh rupees to 50 lakh rupees for manufacturing units and from existing 10 lakh rupees to 20 lakh rupees for service units.
- The scheme will create sustainable estimated employment opportunities for about 40 lakh persons in five financial years.
ICCR’s Gen Next Democracy Network
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations’ ten-day programme Gen Next Democracy Network concluded yesterday.
- In the closing ceremony, 27 delegates from six countries- Ghana, Bangladesh, Peru, Nepal, Brunei and Norway shared their experiences of visiting India.
- On this occasion, Member of Parliament of Ghana Samuel Nartey George praised India. He stressed that India’s culture, language and people are amazing.
- On this occasion, Director General of Indian Council for Cultural Relations Kumar Tuhin said that youth from democratic countries come to India under the Gen Next Democracy Network programme.
- During the programme, they get acquainted with India’s heritage, culture and functioning of Indian democracy.
EU Leaders Strike Strong Against Russia
- European Union (EU) leaders have agreed to embargo most of Russian oil imports into the bloc by year-end. It is a part of new sanctions on Moscow worked out at a summit focused on helping Ukraine. The embargo covers Russian oil brought in by sea. It allows a temporary exemption for imports delivered by pipeline, a move that was crucial to bring landlocked Hungary on board a decision that required consensus.
- EU Council President Charles Michel said, the agreement covers more than two-thirds of oil imports from Russia. European Union Chief, Ursula Von der Leyen, the head of the EU’s executive branch, said, the punitive move will effectively cut around 90 percent of oil imports from Russia to the EU by the end of the year. Michel said the new sanctions, which needed the support of all 27 member countries, will be legally endorsed by Wednesday.
- Michel added that EU leaders meeting in Brussels also agreed to cut off the largest Russian bank, Sberbank, from the SWIFT system and to ban three more Russian state-owned broadcasters.
- Michel said leaders also agreed to provide Ukraine with a 9 billion-euro tranche of assistance to support the war-torn country’s economy. It was unclear whether the money would come in grants or loans.
Direct Benefit Transfer Programme
- The Centre has transferred around Rs 22.44 Lakh crore directly to the bank accounts of beneficiaries since 2014 under Direct Benefit Transfer Programme.
- With the objective of enhancing financial inclusion in the country, the government is implementing the DBT scheme which is the world’s largest cash transfer programme.
- More than 300 schemes across 52 Ministries are covered under DBT.
- The scheme has eliminated middlemen and enabled the transfer of subsidies to the bank accounts of beneficiaries in a timely and efficient manner.
- The government has saved Rs 2.22 Lakh Crore due to the implementation of DBT.
Viswanathan Anand Defeats Magnus Carlsen
- Indian Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand defeated world champion, Magnus Carlsen, in the seventh round of the blitz event of Norway Chess today in Oslo Norway. With this win, Anand finished at fourth position with five points in the event. At the top is American Grandmaster Wesley So, who has 6.5 points while Carlsen is in the second position. Dutch Grandmaster Anish Giri takes third place.
- Viswanathan Anand started off with a win over Norway’s Aryan Tari, before drawing with Wesley So in the second and winning against Bulgaria’s Veselin Topalov in the third round.
- In the fourth round, he shared points with Azerbaijan’s Teimur Radjabov.
- A loss to Anish Giri in the fifth was followed by a draw against China’s Hao Wang in the sixth round and finally a win over Carlsen in the seventh round.
Singer KK Dies After Performing At Kolkata Concert
- Singer-composer KK, whose real name was Krishnakumar Kunnath, died in Kolkata on Tuesday at the age of 53.
- He was in the city for a two-day concert and took ill during an event at Nazrul Mancha. “He was brought dead to the hospital around 10 pm,” said a CMRI hospital staff.
- KK felt unwell during the concert. He complained of uneasiness during the interval but performed till the end of the event.
- The concert had been organised on behalf of Gurudas College. The singer was in the city for a two-day concert.
- World Milk Day
- June 1
- June 2
- June 3
- June 4
- World Milk Day Is Celebrated By
- Father Of Milk Revolution In India
- M S Swaminathan
- Verghese Kurien
- A P Tondon
- D Y Patil
- Goa Statehood Day
- May 30
- May 31
- June 01
- June 02
- Till 1961 Goa Was Under The Control Of
- Liberation Of Goa Was Done Through
- Operation Jeet
- Operation Polo
- Operation Vijay
- Operation Goa
- UN International Year Of The Family
- International Day Of The Families
- May 15
- May 16
- May 17
- May 18
- UN Global Day Of Parents
- June 1
- June 2
- June 3
- June 4
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
- February 2019
- September 2019
- February 2020
- September 2020
- Under PM KISAN Centre Transfers An Amount Of
- Rs 2000
- Rs 4000
- Rs 6000
- Rs 8000
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme Is Being Implemented In
- Andhra Pradesh
- PMEGP Is Being Implemented By
- Ministry Of Finance
- Ministry Of MSME
- Ministry Of Education
- Ministry Of Skill Development
- PM Employment Generation Programme Extended Till
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was Est In
- Indian Council For Cultural Relations (ICCR) Was Founded
- Sardar Patel
- Pandit Nehru
- Maulana Azad
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Current President Of The ICCR
- Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
- Dr. Vikram Singh
- Parthiv Shubham
- Nalini Gupta
- Programme Gen Next Democracy Network Conducted By
- Ministry Of Culture
- Ministry Of Tourism
- Archeological Survey On India
- Indian Council For Cultural Relations
- Direct Benefit Transfer Was Launched In
- A Precursor To DBT Smartcard Project Launched In
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
Leave a Reply