In today’s 21 June 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 21 June 2022
International Day Of Yoga
- The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014.
- Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that originated in India.
- The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, in his UN address in 2014, had suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares a special significance in many parts of the world.
- The theme for International Day of Yoga 2022 is ‘Yoga for humanity.’
International Day Of The Celebration Of The Solstice
- International Day Of The Celebration Of The Solstice Is Observed Globally On 21st June. This Day Bring Awareness About Solstices And Equinoxes And Their Significance For Several Religions And Ethnic Cultures. The International Day Of The Celebration Of The Solstice Was Proclaimed By The United Nations General Assembly On 20th June 2019.
- There Are Two Solstices That Occur Annually: Around The Summer Solstice (Commonly Referred To As “Summer Solstice” For Being The Primary Day Of Summer And Therefore The Longest Day Of The Year) And December 21 (Commonly Referred To As “Winter Solstice” For Being The Primary Day Of Winter And The Shortest Day Of The Year).
Ranjana Desai Becomes 1st Women Chairperson Of PTI
- Retired judge of the Supreme Court, Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai has been appointed as the chairperson of the Press Council of India. Justice Desai is the first lady chairperson of the council.
- Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai had recently headed the Delimitation Commission on Jammu and Kashmir which was set up to redraw the assembly constituencies of the Union Territory.
- The Press Council of India is a statutory, adjudicating organization in India formed in 1966 by its parliament. It is the self-regulatory watchdog of the press, for the press and by the press, that operates under the Press Council Act of 1978.
Conference On Cyber Safety And National Security
- A National Conference on Cyber Safety and National Security was held in New Delhi.
- The conference is part of the efforts to create mass awareness for the prevention of cybercrimes in the country.
- Home Minister Amit Shah, Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy, Minister of State for Home Ajay Kumar Mishra and representatives from various organizations attended the conference.
- The conference is part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate India’s progress and achievements in the 75th year of India’s Independence.
- Speaking at the National Conference on Cyber Safety and National Security in Delhi, Shah said, “It is the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi that every Indian should empower themselves through technology and the internet. Due to the Digital India program, empowerment and positive changes have taken place in our lives.”
- Shah further said, “We all know how important it is to build a cyber-secure India, for the development of the nation. In today’s era, India’s development can’t be done without cyber security.”
Polio Immunization 2022 Underway In Full Swing
- Polio Immunization 2022 is underway in 11 states and Union Territories in full swing.
- The Health Ministry said first Sub-National Immunization Day of 2022 for administering Polio vaccine drops began today in 11 states and UTs including Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal.
- During this campaign, around 3 crore 9 lakh children less than 5 years of age are targeted to be given polio drops through booths, house-to-house, mobile and transit teams.
- The government has also introduced the injectable Inactivated Polio virus Vaccine to provide additional protection to children in its routine immunization program.
- The Ministry said, India was certified polio-free in March 2014 but the risk of wild polio virus importation or the emergence of vaccine-derived polio viruses persists until global eradication, which highlights the need for maintaining high population immunity and sensitive surveillance in the country.
India Vietnam 50 Years: Bilateral Diplomatic Relations
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and his Vietnamese counterpart Mr. Bui Thanh Son launched the joint logo for the celebration of 50 Years of India-Vietnam Diplomatic Relations. The logo was launched in an event on the sideline of the Special ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in New Delhi.
- The image represents long-standing friendship between India and Vietnam symbolically through a peacock and a crane, the birds of national importance in the two countries respectively.
Negotiations For India-EU Free Trade Agreement
- After a nine-year lull, India and European are to re-launch negotiations for India-EU Free Trade Agreement. Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal and Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission have also announced the launch of negotiations for an Investment Protection Agreement and a Geographical Indicators (GI) Agreement at a joint event at the EU headquarters in Brussels.
- Among the most significant FTAs for India as the EU is its 2nd largest trading partner, India-EU merchandise trade registered an all-time high value of 116.36 Billion US dollars in 2021-22 with a year-on growth of 43.5 percent.
- The Delhi visit of the European Commission President Ms. Ursula von der Leyen in April this year and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent visit to Europe accelerated the FTA discussions and helped in defining a clear roadmap for the negotiations.
- There will also be discussions on resolving the Market Access Issues which are impeding the bilateral trade. The first round of negotiations for all three agreements will be held from 27th June to 1st July in New Delhi.
- Earlier this year, India concluded FTAs with Australia and the UAE in a record time. The FTA talks with Canada and the UK are also underway. The FTA negotiations are part of India’s broader strategy to forge balanced trade agreements with key economies and revamp existing trade pacts to improve trade and investment.
National Yoga Olympiad 2022
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today inaugurated National Yoga Olympiad – 2022 and quiz competition in New Delhi. The National Yoga Olympiad is being organised jointly by the Ministry of Education and the National Council of Educational Research and Training from today till the 20th of this month. This year about six hundred students from 26 states and UTs and Demonstration Multipurpose Schools of Regional Institutions of Education will be participating in the forthcoming National Yoga Olympiad.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Pradhan highlighted that to encourage healthier choices and bring people closer, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has suitably chosen this year’s theme as Yoga For Humanity. The Minister said, Yoga is uniting the world in the pursuit of good health and wellness.
- The Minister stressed that NEP 2020 lays special emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being of both students and teachers. Mr. Pradhan suggested that NCERT include the ancient wisdom of Yoga in the school curriculum. Minister of State for Education Subhas Sarkar said that yoga has to be popularised as a part of the National Education Policy 2020.
Govt Clears Names For New CJ In 5 High Courts
- Government has cleared the appointment of new chief justices in five high courts. Law and Justice Ministry has notified the appointment for Uttarakhand, Telangana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gauhati. Justice Vipin Sanghi of the Delhi High Court will be appointed as the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court, while Justice Ujjal Bhuyan of Telangana High Court to Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Justice Amjad Ahtesham Sayed of the Bombay High Court will take over as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court and Justice Shinde Sambhaji Shiwaji of Bombay High Court has been apointed as the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court. Justice Rashmin M Chhaya of the Gujarat High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court. The Ministry said, Telangana High Court Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma has been appointed to the Delhi High Court.
- International Day Of Yoga
- June 20
- June 21
- June 22
- June 23
- 1st International Day Of Yoga Was Celebrated In
- Theme 2022: International Day Of Yoga
- Yoga For Health
- Yoga For Humanity
- Yoga For Climate
- Yoga For Happiness
- _____ Is Often Regarded As The Father Of Yoga
- 21st March & 23rd September Are Called As
- Summer Solstice
- Winter Solstice
- None Of The Above
- Summer Solstice Occurs On
- 21st May
- 21st June
- 21st July
- 21st August
- Winter Solstice Occurs On
- 22nd September
- 22nd October
- 22nd November
- 22nd December
- Press Council Of India Was Established In
- HQ Of Press Council Of India
- Current Chairmen Of Press Council Of India
- Madhabi Puri
- Madhavi Desai
- Ranjana Prakash Desai
- Anita Kapoor
- Madras High Court Is In
- Odisha High Court Is In
- Andhra Pradesh High Court Is In
- Rajasthan High Court Is In
- Madhya Pradesh High Court Is In
- Kerala High Court Is In
- Gujarat High Court Is In
- Chhattisgarh High Court Is In
- Uttarakhand High Court Is In
- Punjab High Court Is In
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
Leave a Reply