In today’s 25 June 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 25 June 2022
Day Of The Seafarer
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) celebrates the annual Day of the Seafarer (DoS) on June 25 each year to pay respect to Seafarers and sailors who help the entire world function by conducting sea transport.
- 2022 marks the 12th anniversary of DoS. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, seafarers found themselves both on the front line of the global response and subject to difficult working conditions surrounding uncertainties and difficulties around port access, re-supply, crew changeovers, repatriation, etc.
- The theme of the 2022 campaign is ‘Your voyage – then and now, share your journey’
- The day was proposed by International Maritime Organization (IMO) in 2010 to celebrate the contribution of the seafarer to the world economy and civil society. This special day has been celebrated since 2011.
Payment Vision 2025: RBI
- The Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) Has Come Out With “Payments Vision 2025” With An Objective To Provide Every User With Safe, Secure, Fast, Convenient, Accessible, And Affordable E-payment Options.
- Payments Vision 2025 Has Been Prepared By Considering The Guidance From The Board For Regulation And Supervision Of Payment And Settlement Systems Of The Rbi.
- It Builds On The Initiatives Of Payments Vision 2019-21.
- The Payments Vision 2025 Document Is Presented Across The Five Anchor Goalposts Of Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Institutionalization, And Internationalization.
- Theme: E-payments For Everyone, Everywhere, every time (4es).
Droupadi Murmu Files Her Nomination
- NDA’s Presidential candidate Droupadi Murmu today filed her nomination at Parliament House Complex.
- She filed her nomination in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Ministers Rajanth Singh, Amit Shah, and Nitin Gadkari, BJP President J. P. Nadda and Chief Ministers of BJP and NDA-ruled states along with leaders of NDA allies.
- Opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha will file his nomination on 27th of this month. The last date for filing of nominations is 29th of June. The polls will be held on 18th of July and the counting of votes will be taken up on 21st of next month.
Space Start-Up Ecosystem In India
- The Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Chandrasekhar inaugurated a National Conference on the development of the Space Start-up Ecosystem in India.
- The conference held in Bengaluru was organised by the Astronautical Society of India in association with the Indian Space Research Organisation, New Space India Limited, Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre and Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- In his inaugural speech, the Minister of State for Skill Development Dr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar said that there is confidence and ambition created in the innovation sector for the start-ups to prosper.
- He said that since the last eight years a conducive eco-system has been created for the private industries to flourish in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, space science, semiconductor and fin-tech sectors.
- He underlined the importance of start-ups in promoting high tech products and innovative services. He said, start-ups are the core of the new India economic ecosystem which can transform India into a country that can innovate for the world.
EU Grants Candidate Status To Ukraine
- The European Parliament yesterday voted overwhelmingly to grant European Union candidate status to Ukraine and Moldova.
- European Council President Charles Michel made the announcement after discussions among leaders of the EU’s 27 member states.
- The vote was 529-45, with 14 abstentions. The European Parliament also approved EU candidacy for Georgia.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that this was a historic moment in Ukraine-EU relations and Ukraine’s future is within the EU.
- Moldovan President Maia Sandu tweeted that the decision was a strong signal of support for Moldova and our citizens.
- In order to join the 27-member EU bloc, the three countries will be required to carry out a series of political and economic reforms.
- However, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said, she was convinced that Ukraine and Moldova would move as swiftly as possible to implement necessary reforms.
- The European Council, which comprises the heads of all 27 EU governments, would have the final vote on Ukraine’s membership.
- The vote came as the U.S. said, it was sending 450 million dollar more in military aid to Ukraine, including some additional medium-range rocket systems.
US Senate Passes Gun Control Bill
- In US, the Senate has passed a Gun Control Bill, which is being considered the most significant firearms legislation in nearly 30 years.
- Fifteen Republicans joined Democrats in the Upper House of Congress to approve the measure by 65 votes to 33. The bill will have to be passed in the House of Representatives.
- The bill is also significant because it is the first time in decades that proposed reforms have received this level of support from both Democrats and Republicans.
- It follows mass shootings last month at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, and a primary school in Uvalde, Texas that left a combined 31 people dead. Meanwhile, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has opposed the bill and argued that it will not stop the violence.
- US President Joe Biden earlier this month said, the proposals were steps in the right direction but are still not enough.
Jammu And Kashmir To Host G-20 Meetings In 2023
- Jammu and Kashmir will host the 2023 meetings of the G20, an influential group of the world’s major economies. J&K government has set up a five-member high-level committee for overall coordination of G20 meetings to be held in the Union Territory.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal was appointed as India’s Sherpa for the G20 in September 2021. According to the Ministry of External Affairs, India will hold the G-20 presidency from December 1, 2022, and convene the first G20 leaders’ summit in 2023.
- India’s representation at G20 summits has been led by Prime Minister Modi since 2014.
- The G20 countries include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Gujarat CM Launches 17th ‘Shala Praveshotsav’
- In Gujarat, the Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched the 17th ‘Shala Praveshotsav’, the drive to enrol students in primary schools in the state.
- The three-day enrollment drive begins from Memadpur primary school in Vadgam taluka of Banaskantha district.
- Speaking on this occasion, Chief Minister Patel said that the dropout rate of students’ reduced drastically following the mass enrolment drives of the children.
- He said that the drop out rate has been reduced to just 3.07 percent from 37.22 percent in 2002. He said that the priority of the state government is to see that every child has access to education.
- According to official sources, the state officials including IAS and IPS officers and Members of Parliament and Members of Legislative Assembly will visit different schools of the state and enrol children in Class I.
- G20 Was Established In
- G20 Was Established By Initiative Of
- The First G20 Summit Was Hosted By
- Who Is The Host For G20 Summit 2022
- When Will India Host G20 Summit
- Till Now How Many G20 Summit Have Taken Place
- G20 Nations Together Represent
- 80% Of World GDP
- 75% Of International Trade
- 60% Of World Population
- All The Above
- For Presidency, Member Countries Are Divided Into
- 3 Groups
- 4 Groups
- 5 Groups
- 6 Groups
- India Belongs To Which Group Among G20 Groupings
- Group 1
- Group 2
- Group 3
- Group 4
- Only Country To Attend As Permanent Guest Invitees
- Procedure Of Impeachment Of The President Of India Is
- Judicial Procedure
- Quasi-Judicial Procedure
- Legislative Procedure
- Executive Procedure
- Only Condition For Impeachment Of The Indian President
- Proved Misbehaviour
- Declared Insolvent
- Criminal Charges
- Violation Of The Constitution
- The Impeachment Process Of President Shall Be Introduced In
- Lok Sabha Only
- Rajya Sabha Only
- Lok Sabha Or Rajya Sabha
- Supreme Court
- President Of India Is Appointed By
- Chief Justice Of India
- Vice President Of India
- Electoral College
- None Of The Above
- The President Of India Submits His Resignation To
- Chief Justice Of India
- Vice President Of India
- Prime Minister Of India
- Lok Sabha
- President Of India Has The Power Of Pardoning Under
- Article 72
- Article 73
- Article 74
- Article 76
- Article 74 States About ____
- The Extent Of The Executive Power Of The Union
- Council Of Ministers Shall Aid The President
- Attorney General Of India
- Conduct Of Business Of The Government Of India
- Minimum Age To Contest Elections For President Of India
- Odd One Out: Qualification For President Of India
- He Shall Be A Citizen Of India.
- He Holds Office For A Period Of 5 Years.
- He Should Have Not Completed 65 Years Of Age.
- He Should Be Qualified To Be Elected As A Member Of Lok Sabha.
- The Electoral College For President’s Election Does Not consist Of
- Elected Members Of Lok Sabha
- Nominated Members Of Rajya Sabha
- Elected Members Of States Assemblies
- Elected Members Of Delhi And Puducherry Assemblies
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]