In today’s 28 June 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 28 June 2022
2022 UN Ocean Conference
- As the world suffers the impacts of global warming and climate change emerges as the biggest concern, leaders from across the world are arriving in Portugal’s capital, Lisbon, to find an international agreement on protecting the world’s oceans. The United Nations-led Ocean Conference will begin from Monday until July 1.
- The UN has in harsh terms said that oceans on the planet are facing unprecedented threats as a result of human activities and that its health and ability to sustain life will only get worse as the world population grows and human activities increase.
- “The Ocean Conference, co-hosted by the Governments of Kenya and Portugal, comes at a critical time as the world is seeking to address the many of the deep-rooted problems of our societies laid bare by the COVID-19 pandemic and which will require major structural transformations and common shared solutions that are anchored in the SDGs,” UN has said.
- The five-day UN Ocean Conference in Lisbon, Portugal has drawn senior officials and scientists from more than 120 countries to the Atlantic port city in Southwest Europe, as well as activists dismayed by the failure to come up with international rules that might ensure ocean sustainability.
- The oceans face a severe threat from global warming, pollution, acidification and other problems, the U.N. says. Potentially harmful deep-sea mining also lacks rules. The Governments of Kenya and Portugal will co-host the Ocean Conference.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh today left for Portugal to take part in the “2022 UN Ocean Conference” at Lisbon starting from Monday. He will deliver the Keynote address at the Conference on the theme ‘Scaling up Ocean Action based on Science and Innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: Stock taking, Partnerships and Solutions’. More than one hundred 30 countries will participate in the Conference.
One Nation, One Dialysis Programme
- Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandavia said the Centre will roll out the “One Nation, One Dialysis” programme to help patients undergoing dialysis get the procedure done anywhere in the country at any time.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya participated in the cycle rally organised by the National Health Mission on the iconic Marina Beach this morning. Later, he inspected the Tamil Nadu Government Multi-Super Specialty Hospital in the city.
- He inspected the robotic surgery facility and the early pregnancy anomalies screening centre in the hospital. He also laid the foundation stone for the Central Government Health Scheme wellness centre at Avadi, a Chennai suburb, through video conferencing.
Noted Lyricist & Author C Krishnankutty Passed Away
- In Kerala, noted lyricist, author and journalist, Chowalloor Krishnankutty passed away at a private Medical College Hospital in Thrissur last night. He was 86.
- A former Staff Artist with AIR, Krishnankutty penned over 3000 devotional songs and authored more than 200 books. He retired as an Assistant Editor with the Malayala Manorama daily.
- He won several awards including the Kerala Sahithya Academy Award for satire, Poonthanam Jnanapana and Revathy Pattathanam Awards among others.
- Chowalloor Krishanankutty also made his mark as a screen writer in Malayalam movies and produced documentaries on some well-known Kathakali artists. He also served as the Vice-Chairman of the Kerala Kalamandalam.
G7 Leaders Pledge 600 Billion For Developing Countries
- Leaders of the Group of Seven (G7) began three days of talks yesterday in Germany’s Bavarian Alps.
- One of the first announcements was a 600 billion dollar infrastructure initiative to help developing countries tackle climate change.
- The initiative is seen as the West’s response to China’s massive Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- US President Joe Biden said, this is not aid or charity but an investment that will deliver returns for everyone, including the American people and the people of all our nations.
- It will boost all of our economies, he said. China has been accused of trapping low-income countries into unaffordable debts to be part of its trillion-dollar BRI push.
- EU Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen said G7 is offering sustainable, quality infrastructure and will be listening closely to the recipient countries.
- Shortly before the G& summit began, London announced that UK, along with US, Japan and Canada, will ban new imports of Russian gold to tighten the economic effect of sanctions on Russia.
- The joint action will directly hit Russian oligarchs and strike at the heart of Putin’s war machine, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in the statement. Washington said the decision will be formally announced as a G7 move on Tuesday.
Joe Biden Signs Gun Safety Legislation
- President Joe Biden today signed into law the first major federal gun safety legislation passed in decades, marking a significant bipartisan breakthrough on one of the most contentious policy issues in Washington. After signing the bill at the White House, Biden said that God willing, it’s going to save a lot of lives.
- The legislation came together in the aftermath of recent mass shootings at a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school and a Buffalo, New York, supermarket that was in a predominantly Black neighborhood.
- The Senate passed the bill in a late-night vote on Thursday. The new law enhances background checks on young gun buyers between 18 and 21 years of age.
- It encourages states to develop more and better red flag laws that would deny guns to people who are deemed to be dangerous. Gun rights groups still protested the final product. The National Rifle Association said these measures were hastily jammed through with ambiguous language and overbroad definitions to appease gun control supporters in Congress.
Beijing Declaration Adopted At BRICS 2022 Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi led India’s participation at the 14th BRICS Summit, which was convened under the Chairship of Chinese President Xi Jinping in a virtual format. The two-day summit concluded yesterday with the Beijing Declaration.
- The declaration says that the BRICS countries support talks between Russia and Ukraine. They discussed concerns over the humanitarian situation in and around Ukraine and expressed support for United Nations, UN agencies, and Red Cross to provide humanitarian assistance.
- The BRICS declaration also stated that terrorism should not be associated with any religion, nationality, civilization, or ethnic group. The summit called for the finalization and adoption of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism within the UN framework.
- The member nations called for policy coordination for economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. The BRICS countries agreed to promote consumer protection in e-commerce. They agreed to strengthen exchanges and cooperation in trade in services.
- The Beijing declaration says that the BRICS High-level Dialogue is an opportunity to deepen the cooperation in the fight against COVID-19, digital transformation, resilience and stability of industrial and supply chains, and low-carbon development.
Madhya Pradesh Clinch First Ever Ranji Trophy Title
- In Ranji Trophy Final, Madhya Pradesh defeated Mumbai by six wickets to win their first-ever Ranji Trophy title at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Needing 108 runs to win in the second innings, the Aditya Shrivastava-led Madhya Pradesh took just 29.5 overs to achieve the target riding on Shubham Sharma’s 30 and Rajat Patidar’s unbeaten 30.
Vijay Amritraj Honoured By ITF
- India’s Vijay Amritraj has been named the 2021 recipient of the Golden Achievement Award. The Golden Achievement Award is presented annually by the International Tennis Hall of Fame and International Tennis Federation.
- The award is given to a person who has made important contributions internationally to tennis in the fields of administration, promotion, or education and has devoted long and outstanding service to the sport.
- The award was presented at a special celebration hosted in Amritraj’s honour in London.
- A globally recognized and respected tennis icon as well as a national hero in his native India, Amritraj was the first Indian player to turn professional on the ATP Tour.
FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup To Be Held In India
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said, it is a matter of great pride and responsibility for India to host its first ever FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup.
- In a video message today, Mr. Thakur welcomed all 16 teams to India saying that this is a special tournament for women sport in our country.
- He said, this event will inspire more young women to make sports a gender inclusive playing field.
- FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup is schedule to be held in India from 11th October to 30th October of this year.
- India has been placed in Group A with USA, Morocco and Brazil. India’s first match will be against the USA on 11th October which will be played at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The matches will be played at Kalinga Stadium in Odisha, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Goa and DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai. Final of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will be played in Navi Mumbai on 30th October.
Qosanov Memorial 2022 Athletics Meet
- Indian Women’s Discus Thrower Navjeet Dhillon Won The Gold Medal At The Qosanov Memorial 2022 Athletics Meet In Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Dutee Chand Produced A Season-best 11.38s To Top The 100m But Failed To Repeat The Performance In The Finals.
- 1st Indian To Win An Individual Medal In The Olympics?
- Milkha Singh
- Karnam Malleswari
- P. T. Usha
- K. D. Jadhav
- Saurabh Chaudhary Is Related To Which Sports?
- Who Was Nominated For Laureus World Sports Awards
- Anirban Chatterjee
- Pankaj Advani
- Dutee Chand
- Vinesh Phoghat
- 1st Indian Female Wrestler To Win A Medal At Olympics Is
- Sakshi Malik
- Babita Kumari
- Vinesh Phogat
- Geetha Phogat
- First Indian Cricketer To Hit 400 International Sixes?
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli
- Shikhar Dhawan
- MS Dhoni
- Ashwini Ponnappa Is Associated With Which Game
- Muskan Kirar Belongs To Which Sports
- 1st Indian Woman Cricketer To Get MCC Life Membership
- Neetu David
- Anjum Chopra
- Jhulan Goswami
- Mithali Raj
- Tiger Woods Is Related To
- Neeraj Chopra Is Associated With
- Javelin Throw
- Who Won The ATP Tournament 2020
- Rafael Nadal
- Daniil Medvedev
- Roger Federer
- None of the above
- 1st Indian To Swim Across English Channel Was
- V. Merchant
- P. K. Banerji
- Mihir Sen
- Arati Saha
- P. V. Sindhu Is Associated With
- Rani Rampal Is Associated With
- Deepa Malik Is An Indian Athlete Associated With
- Shot Put
- Javelin Throw
- Koneru Humpy Is Associated With
- Table Tennis
- Apurvi Chandela Is Related To
- Rifle Shooting
- Hima Das Is A
- Weight lifter
- Who Is Named “Haryana Hurricane”
- Kapil Dev
- Nawab Pataudi
- Ajay Ratsa
- Ajay Jadeja
- Manika Batra Is Associated With
- Table Tennis
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]