In today’s 29 June 2022 Current affairs, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 29 June 2022
International Day Of The Tropics
- To highlight the challenges and opportunities faced by the nations of the Tropics, the International Day of the Tropics is observed every year. Marked on 29 June, it is an opportunity to take stock of the diversity of the region and to acknowledge its potential.
- Tropics are a region that is roughly defined as the area between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer. Although topography contributes to climatic variation, these areas are typically warm and experience little seasonal change in day-to-day temperature. The Tropics face several challenges including climate change, deforestation, urbanization, and demographic changes.
- The inaugural State of the Tropics Report was released on 29 June 2014 as a result of a collaboration between twelve leading tropical research institutions. The report provides a unique perspective on the increasingly important region. In 2016, the United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution on the anniversary of the report’s publication, which called for 29 June to be observed as the International Day of the Tropics every year.
- The International Day of the Tropics aimed to raise awareness about the challenges faced specifically by tropical areas and the impact of the issues affecting them. It also tries to draw attention to the important role that countries in the Tropics play in the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
International Asteroid Day
- International Asteroid Day is an annual global event which is held on the anniversary of the Tunguska event in 1908, when an asteroid leveled about 2,150 square kilometres (830 sq mi) forest in Siberia.
- The United Nations has proclaimed it be observed globally on June 30 every year in its resolution.
- Asteroid Day aims to raise awareness about asteroids and what can be done to protect the Earth, its families, communities, and future generations from a catastrophic event.
- For example, 2014 HQ124, discovered April 23, 2014, went past 1,250,000 km from Earth the same year, June 8, only 46 days after discovery, and 2015 TB145, went past at 490,000 km only 21 days after its discovery.
International Day Of Parliamentarism
- June 30 is observed as the International Day of Parliamentarism every year. The Day was designated in 2018 by United Nations General Assembly.
- It marks the day of the establishment of the Inter-Parliamentary Union, the global organization of parliaments in 1889.
- The day celebrates parliaments and recognizes the significance of parliamentary systems of government in shaping modern societies.
- The day acknowledges the importance of strong parliaments as the cornerstone of democracy, representing the voice of the people, passing laws, implementing laws and policies, and holding governments accountable.
P V Narasimha Rao Remembered On His Jayanthi
- P V Narasimha Rao (28 June 1921 – 23 December 2004) was an Indian lawyer and politician who served as the 9th Prime Minister of India from 1991 to 1996.
- He is often referred to as the “Father of Indian Economic Reforms”.
- His ascendancy to the prime ministership was politically significant in that he was the second holder of this office from a non-Hindi-speaking region and the first from South India.
- He led an important administration, overseeing a major economic transformation and several home incidents affecting the national security of India.
- Rao, who held the Industries portfolio, was personally responsible for the dismantling of the Licence Raj, as this came under the purview of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, reversing the economic policies of Rajiv Gandhi’s government.
Business Tycoon Pallonji Mistry Passes Away
- Business tycoon Pallonji Mistry passed away at the age of 93 at his Mumbai residence Monday night. The construction magnate, who was born on June 1, 1929, in the metropolis, is survived by his four children – two sons and two daughters.
- Mistry was the chairman of the Shapoorji Pallonji Group, which was established in 1865. Headquartered in Mumbai, the conglomerate operates in sectors such as construction, real estate, textiles, home appliances, power, biotechnology, etc.
- At 18.4%, Pallonji was the highest individual shareholder in Tata Sons. His son, Cyrus, headed Tata Sons from November 2011 to October 2016. Cyrus, after his removal from the post, fought a legal battle with Ratan Tata, the then chairman of Tata Sons.
- At the time of receiving India’s third-highest civilian award, the Padma Bhushan (in January 2016), the late businessman had been an Irish citizen for 13 years. In 2003, he gave up his Indian citizenship and became a citizen of Ireland.
6 Airbags To Be Made Mandatory In 8-Seater Vehicles
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has said that the government will make it mandatory for carmakers to provide a minimum of six airbags in motor vehicles that can carry up to eight passengers.
- Addressing ‘Intel India’s Safety Pioneers Conference 2022’, Mr. Gadkari said every year, around 1.5 lakh people are killed in five lakh accidents across the country. An airbag is a vehicle occupant-restraint system that interferes between the driver and the vehicle’s dashboard during a collision, thereby preventing serious injuries.
Human Rights In Indian Culture And Philosophy
- Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the National Conference on ‘Human Rights in Indian Culture and Philosophy’ in New Delhi on the 30th of this month. He will also present the NHRC human rights short film competition- 2021 awards. NHRC is organizing the two-day Conference in collaboration with the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts. External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar will be the Chief Guest of the Valedictory session.
- The Conference is expected to be highly significant in understanding of human rights, which formed an integral and defining essence of Indian socio-cultural milieu since time immemorial.
- Leading academicians, scholars, legal experts, jurists, practitioners, and researchers have been invited to explore and discuss the various issues.
U23 Asian Wrestling Championships 2022
- Tokyo Olympian Deepak Punia won a bronze medal after defeating Maksat Satybaldy in the 86kg freestyle weight category at the U23 Asian wrestling championships 2022 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Despite a win, it was an unimpressive result from him as the Indian contingent was expecting a better outing from the world championships silver medallist in the tournament.
- In the opening two rounds, the 23-year-old Punia lost to eventual gold medallist Azizbek Fayzullaev of Uzbekistan and Nurtilek Karypbaev of Kyrgyzstan. However, he overpowered Satybaldy of Kazakhstan to settle for the bronze.
- India won 25 medals in all in the U23 meet in the event, including 10 gold medals.
- International Day Of The Tropics
- 27 June
- 28 June
- 29 June
- 30 June
- _____ Passes Through India
- Tropic Of Cancer
- Tropic Of Capricorn
- Arctic Circle
- International Asteroid Day
- 27 June
- 28 June
- 29 June
- 30 June
- The Tunguska Event In 1908 Took Place In
- International Day Of Parliamentarism
- 27 June
- 28 June
- 29 June
- 30 June
- 8th Global Conference Of Young Parliamentarians
- Saudi Arabia
- Inter-Parliamentary Union Was Formed In
- HQ Of The Inter-Parliamentary Union
- “Father Of Indian Economic Reforms”
- Manmohan Singh
- P V Narsimha Rao
- Rajiv Gandhi
- Pranab Mukherjee
- Half – Lion: How P.V Narasimha Rao Transformed India Written By
- Jairam Ramesh
- Vinay Sitapati
- Ram Guha
- A R Krishnan
- Founder Of Bajaj Auto
- Rahul Bajaj
- Jamnalal Bajaj
- R K Bajaj
- G D Bajaj
- Founder Of Tata Company
- Jamsetji Tata
- J R D Tata
- Ratan Tata
- Sir Dorabji Tata
- Founder Of Infosys
- Sudha Murthy
- Narayan Murthy
- Azim Premji
- Shiv Nadar
- Founder Of Genpact
- Pramod Bhasin
- Champaklal Choksey
- Suryakant Dani
- Arvind Vakil
- Founder Of Ashok Leyland
- Raghunandan Saran
- Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Hari Nanda
- Kishore Biyani
- Founder Of Cipla
- Khwaja Abdul Hamied
- K. Anji Reddy
- P.V. Ramprasad Reddy
- K. Nityananda Reddy
- Current Chairmen Of the National Human Rights Commission Of India
- Arun Kumar Mishra
- H. L. Dattu
- Prafulla Chandra Pant
- J S Verma
- NHRC Was formed In
- International Human Rights Day
- 5th June
- 17th August
- 8th October
- 10th December
- Universal Declaration Of Human Rights (UDHR) Adopted
- Latest Daily Current Affairs and Defence Updates
- Monthly Current Affairs May 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs April 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs March 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs February 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]
- Monthly Current Affairs January 2022 With Video Lecture [Download PDF]