Combined Defence Services Exam is a national level exam organized by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit candidates for Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy. CDS Exam held two times in a year through offline mode (written test).
What is CDS Exam?
- It is written test conducted by UPSC two times every year for entries into these academies. CDS written exam has three different tests namely English, General Knowledge and Mathematics.
- Notification Month of this Exam: March (CDS II) and August (CDS I)
- Examination Conducted in the months of February (CDS I) and August (CDS II).
- The CDS Exam Syllabus Details will give detailed information regarding the subjects as given below
CDS Exam Syllabus Details:
Paper 1: English
The objective type question paper is designed to examine the understanding of English of the applicants. English question paper of CDS Exam includes passage for answering few questions related to that passage.
CDS English Syllabus consists of :
- Spotting of Errors
- Vocabulary (Idioms & Phrases)
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Completion (Fill in the blanks & Cloze Test)
- Ordering of Words & Sentences
- Active – Passive Voice
- Direct – Indirect Speech or Reported Speech
- One Word Substitution
- Parts of Speech
Paper 2: General Knowledge
General Knowledge question paper in CDS examination includes knowledge of current topics and of matters which are observing every day. The aspirants must be able to answer scientific aspects without any particular scientific study. They should have knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues without any specific study. The applicants must be able to answer these general knowledge questions to pass this test.
Components of CDS General Knowledge Syllabus
- Indian Polity
- Defence Specific
- Current Affairs & Static GK
Paper 3: Elementary Mathematics
The objective type question paper includes various topics of elementary mathematics. Candidates should have posses knowledge about these topics. There are lots of topics to cover which are as following:
- Arithmetic: Aspirants need to perform well in arithmetic which includes Number System, Fundamental Operations, Unitary Methods, and Elementary Number Theorems etc.
- Algebra: The applicants should able to solve basic operations, Remainder Theorem, Quadratic Equations, Linear equations and practical problems etc.
- Geometry: The candidates should able to answer geometric questions which contain Lines and angles, plane and plane figures and their related questions.
- Trigonometry: The applicants need to know the values of Sine x, cosine x and tangent x.
- Mensuration: The all candidates applying for the test should have knowledge of calculating areas of squares, rectangles, triangles, circles and parallelograms etc.
- Statistics: Everyone needs to know the collection and tabulation of data, histograms, pie and bar charts etc.
All these above mentioned fields have been included in the mathematics question paper so the aspirants must have good knowledge in elementary mathematics. The candidates need to be good in calculation and more basic operations so that they can perform well in the examination.
Note: The eligible candidates need to pass individually in all tests for clearing the CDS exam. Candidates can Download Our App and Enroll CDS Exam Online Course by clicking here. The syllabus contains all necessary topics which are appropriate to check your efficiency in all subjects as per exam syllabus.