What is Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center?
- The NITI Aayog and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have announced the establishment of a Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC), the first of its kind in India.
- CIC is part of the AWS CIC Global Program
- CIC will enable government stakeholders, start-ups, and local organizations in India to innovate and create new approaches to solving problems
- Mission: To identify and deploy leading-edge technologies to drive continuous innovation in delivering citizen services.
- The center will identify and prioritize projects as well as collaborate with local leaders, including subject matter experts at the state and district levels, to solve critical challenges.
- Local enterprises, start-ups, researchers, and universities in India can experiment and build prototypes on AWS Cloud.
- With AWS Cloud, public sector organizations get the power of the broadest and deepest cloud services to accelerate their missions.
Aditi Urja Sanch
- The Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences recently inaugurated the Dimethyl ether (DME) fired “Aditi Urja Sanch” unit along with the DME-LPG blended fuel cylinders.
- It is a newly designed Burner.
- Dimethyl ether (DME) is an ultra-clean fuel.
- CSIR-NCL has developed nation’s first kind of DME pilot plant with 20-24Kg/day capacity.
- Need: The conventional LPG burner is not suitable for DME combustion as DME density is different than LPG.
- Salient features of newly designed Burner are:
- The new design is efficient for both DME and the blend of DME and LPG.
- Novel design and flexible air ingress.
- The new nozzle design allows optimum oxygen ingress for combustion
- The angles at which nozzles are placed maximize the heat transfer area across the utensils.
- Optimum flame velocity can be obtained.
- The length of the flame (high, low, and medium) can be adjusted by altering the oxygen ingress.
- The experiment shows that it increases the heat transfer rate as well.
PM Modi to inaugurate three key projects in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually inaugurate three key projects in Gujarat
- He will also launch the Kisan Suryodaya Yojana for the farmers of Gujarat.
- He will inaugurate the Paediatric Heart Hospital attached with UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre and a Mobile Application for tele-cardiology at the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
- Mr Modi will also inaugurate the Ropeway at Girnar on the occasion.
e-Dharti Geo portal
- The Union minister of Housing and Urban affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri launched the e-Dharti Geo Portal.
- The portal will integrate map and lease plans in the Management Information System.
- It will make the system Geographic Information System enabled; GIS enabled.
- Aim: To provide Property Certificate by Land & Development Office (L&DO) through e-Dharti Geo Portal.
- The certificate includes property details; viz. land type, property type, date of allotment, property status, sub-type, etc.
- The Property Certificate will be available on nominal fee of ₹1,000/- and can be accessed by public by visiting website.
- Through the Certificate, the lessee of the property will be able to get the basic details of his/her property along with map showing its location.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has validated the efficacy of COVIRAP for the detection of COVID-19.
- It is a diagnostic machine for COVID-19 detection.
- Developed by researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur.
- This COVID-19 diagnostic testing method has been designed to be fairly easy to conduct and affordable as well and can produce results within one hour.
- ICMR has successfully validated ‘COVIRAP’ for its efficacy in COVID-19 detection.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Aditi Urja Sanch is an initiative of:
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Ministry of Health
- NITI Ayog
- Ministry of science and technology
Answer – D
Which of the following is not a component of e-Dharti Geo portal?
- It comes under Housing and Urban affairs
- Provide Property Certificate
- It is to provide loans to farmers
- None of the above
Answer – C
COVIRAP is developed by:
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kharagpur
- Ministry of Health
Answer – B
Question of the Day
What is Life in Miniature Project?
Answer in next session…